[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New idea for a TV show

TimC

Tina was going through an old box over the 4th of July holiday and found her Pen Pal from England she was writing to in the early 70's. They had sent the standard letters, newspaper clippings and little tokens from their towns and whereever they travelled to.

It'd be a cool show to search for these lost Pen Pals 30+ years later. You could take the letters and try to find the history of what happened to them through the years and even re-unite them. Probably the older you go back, the more interesting stories you'd find.

We're thinking of contacting Travel channel or ABC after Extreme Home Makeover...probably better suited for Travel Channel since this has travel, history and the human interest story all in one. You steal this idea and I will cut you.

Tina was going through an old box over the 4th of July holiday and found her Pen Pal from England she was writing to in the early 70's. They had sent the standard letters, newspaper clippings and little tokens from their towns and whereever they travelled to.

It'd be a cool show to search for these lost Pen Pals 30+ years later. You could take the letters and try to find the history of what happened to them through the years and even re-unite them. Probably the older you go back, the more interesting stories you'd find.

We're thinking of contacting Travel channel or ABC after Extreme Home Makeover...probably better suited for Travel Channel since this has travel, history and the human interest story all in one. You steal this idea and I will cut you.

Did they ever meet, have some drinks, and curl up next to each other in front of a fire for a night or two? If so, you may have other options in the event Travel Channel and ABC shoot you down...

Don't just contact somebody from a network or they will steal your idea. You need to develop the story, write the script and shoot the pilot. THEN you present it to a network or independent station. You can hire crew/equipment to do this independently or you can hire an up and coming production company to do it for you on the cheap. I can help you with crewing up and equipment (everything from camera,lighting,sound,production,glamor squad you name it) if need be. It's a HUDDLER thing :wacko: Let me know...like the premise!!

Edited by tazinib1

Sounds like this movie.

:tup: The first quote means you'd better move on :wacko: this second quote NOW. Someone else is bound to be working on it.

Don't just contact somebody from a network or they will steal your idea. You need to develop the story, write the script and shoot the pilot. THEN you present it to a network or independent station. You can hire crew/equipment to do this independently or you can hire an up and coming production company to do it for you on the cheap. I can help you with crewing up and equipment (everything from camera,lighting,sound,production,glamor squad you name it) if need be. It's a HUDDLER thing :tup: Let me know...like the premise!!