[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why can Ozzy sing but can't talk?

mrip

Ozzy out there recording new music but can't work the voice activated system in his car. You have no idea what he's trying to say most of the time but you can understand him perfectly in his new songs. What's the deal?

can you imagine Ozzy trying to use voice activated equipment or a automated phone teller? I bet he can't get anyhing done that way, stuttering and all that.

he did have a great voice at one time. he can't scream more. i have seen him live, the last time was the no rest for the wicked tour -suicidal tendencies and anthrax opened that show. that was about the last time you heard a piece of what he used to have. the 80's were rough on that guy.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

can you imagine Ozzy trying to use voice activated equipment or a automated phone teller? I bet he can't get anyhing done that way, stuttering and all that.

he did have a great voice at one time. he can't scream more. i have seen him live, the last time was the no rest for the wicked tour -suicidal tendencies and anthrax opened that show. that was about the last time you heard a piece of what he used to have. the 80's were rough on that guy.

That would have been a great lineup. He cancelled anytime he got close to hear when I was going to go as a kid.

I have not sen him live but I have seen live footage where he bumbles words when he is singing. Could be the fact that you have multiple takes in the studio.

Because him music is synthesized I think.

Not necessarily his music but his voice is most definitely synthesized. I worked on a movie last year called BONES[ that co-starred Zakk Wylde and I asked him this very question. And yes, Zakk can still party with the best of them. We were at his house for the wrap party and he asked me what I like to drink. I said "Whiskey" and 10 minutes later I had a gallon of Jack he had personally went to the liquor store to get. What was really weird was the 5ft Ozzie statue he had in his garage/sports room.

Not necessarily his music but his voice is most definitely synthesized. I worked on a movie last year called BONES[ that co-starred Zakk Wylde and I asked him this very question. And yes, Zakk can still party with the best of them. We were at his house for the wrap party and he asked me what I like to drink. I said "Whiskey" and 10 minutes later I had a gallon of Jack he had personally went to the liquor store to get. What was really weird was the 5ft Ozzie statue he had in his garage/sports room.

So we got that you and Zakk are drinking buddies...how did he answer that very question?

So we got that you and Zakk are drinking buddies...how did he answer that very question?

:wacko: Sorry I like to share my work related stories. He answered it with "Not necessarily the music, but his voice is most definitely synthesized."

He also went on to explain that in his early years, Ozzie had an amazing voice but that the years of alcohol and drug abuse had damaged his vocal cords to such an extent that digital enhancement was almost mandatory in the studio. He also added that when performing live, he has an amazing ability to pull out that old voice of old..if only for a few songs.

:wacko: Sorry I like to share my work related stories. He answered it with "Not necessarily the music, but his voice is most definitely synthesized."

He also went on to explain that in his early years, Ozzie had an amazing voice but that the years of alcohol and drug abuse had damaged his vocal cords to such an extent that digital enhancement was almost mandatory in the studio. He also added that when performing live, he has an amazing ability to pull out that old voice of old..if only for a few songs.

yes, his voice has been re-processed since the 80's. Especially on that Tinkertrain song/album. The guitar sound he wants on his tracks also has that same vibe thus is paired very well with his voice.