[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

dangers of a failed presidency

dmarc117

I mean if you cant trust a blog written by the fictional imaginary character in Fight Club, who can ya trust? :tup:

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 07/15/2010 11:01 -0500

There is no doubt the the country is reeling right now, but Presidential evaluations are written after the fact, not as a play by play sportscenter clip in real time. Obama isnt tracking very well right now, and is definitely an embodiment of the immense frustrations running through the country right now. History will be the judge when all is said and done.

Hell, Obama could end up being ranked one of the best presidents ever if palin gets elected . . . :wacko:

I mean if you cant trust a blog written by the fictional imaginary character in Fight Club, who can ya trust? :tup:

There is no doubt the the country is reeling right now, but Presidential evaluations are written after the fact, not as a play by play sportscenter clip in real time. Obama isnt tracking very well right now, and is definitely an embodiment of the immense frustrations running through the country right now. History will be the judge when all is said and done.

Hell, Obama could end up being ranked one of the best presidents ever if palin gets elected . . . :wacko:

I think you mean Obama would be regarded as the worst president ever if there's such a massive backlash that voters elect that moran.

we all dont want our last names on the web, mr. wallace :tup:

I think you mean Obama would be regarded as the worst president ever if there's such a massive backlash that voters elect that moran.

That backlash is out of his control. When the right started painting him as a radical closet mooslim born on mars that will become the anti-christ in start the new world order, what can Obama do about it? the politics of hatred is a strong motivator when people are scared. especially when their unemploymnet is cut off . .

That backlash is out of his control. When the right started painting him as a radical closet mooslim born on mars that will become the anti-christ in start the new world order, what can Obama do about it? the politics of hatred is a strong motivator when people are scared. especially when their unemploymnet is cut off . .

I wonder if you ever said the same thing about Bush when the left was doing exactly the same thing with the help of the MSM?

I wonder if you ever said the same thing about Bush when the left was doing exactly the same thing with the help of the MSM?

When extremist views are part of ANY presidential evaluation I am against it. :wacko: goes for BOTH parties in power. I think Bush was a very weak president with an extremely, extremely strong admin behind him (Cheney, Rove, Rumsfeld) and he took a lot of heat for decisions that were not solely his (or even his idea). I think the same thing about Obama and his poor decision to delegate too much to people like Pelosi instead of taking a stronger centrist approach (which is what he campaigned on and what a lot of his decisions have been . . . centrist).

When extremist views are part of ANY presidential evaluation I am against it. :wacko: goes for BOTH parties in power. I think Bush was a very weak president with an extremely, extremely strong admin behind him (Cheney, Rove, Rumsfeld) and he took a lot of heat for decisions that were not solely his (or even his idea). I think the same thing about Obama and his poor decision to delegate too much to people like Pelosi instead of taking a stronger centrist approach (which is what he campaigned on and what a lot of his decisions have been . . . centrist).

I just didn't remember you getting on to your fellow lefties when they were ragging on Shrub. I must have missed it.

Yes, because Bush did absolutely nothing to deserve it.

Bush did and didn't do plenty just as Obama has. I remember you ragging on Bush every chance you got, I'm still waiting on you to treat Obama the same.

I just didn't remember you getting on to your fellow lefties when they were ragging on Shrub. I must have missed it.

I rag on shrub plenty . . . cause he aint in office anymore is he? Also as your remember I also had the same commentary about the admins of both presidencies.

maybe you forgot when I salmmed the Obama ADMINISTRATION for renewing the Patriot act? Even to the point of starting the thread? if you think I am hyper partisan you are sadly mistaken . . . .

I rag on shrub plenty . . . cause he aint in office anymore is he? Also as your remember I also had the same commentary about the admins of both presidencies.

maybe you forgot when I salmmed the Obama ADMINISTRATION for renewing the Patriot act? Even to the point of starting the thread? if you think I am hyper partisan you are sadly mistaken . . . .

Fuggin hilarious...he calls you out for not slamming obamer and the best you come up with is that you slammed him for renewing a Bush Patriot Act. Classic. Hyperpartisan indeed. LIAR!

Fuggin hilarious...he calls you out for not slamming obamer and the best you come up with is that you slammed him for renewing a Bush Patriot Act. Classic. Hyperpartisan indeed. LIAR!

The dumb is strong with you Zeke . . but thanks for checking in! :wacko:

Bulldiaper dirt. Both Reagan and Clinton were lambasted by political opponents from candidacy to that last day of their 8th year. And when you do the right thing and the country heads in the right direction then "the people" don't listen to the backlash. Slick willie was nearly a one-termer but Dick Morris got him back to the center and saved his presidency. The average american is smarter than given credit. Why do you think shrub's Daddy got the axe? He was a bonified war hero in WWII and put together a coalition that crushed Saddam in Kuwait with less men killed than most people would expect in a 1/2 million man training exercise. But because he banned guns and raised taxes and the economy tanked he was outta there.

So don't tell me they can't do anything about it. The American people wouldn't be listening to it if not for his incompetency.

So don't tell me they can't do anything about it. The American people wouldn't be listening to it if not for his incompetency.

Bingo. Obama and the Dems have spent a lot of money and things aren't much better than they were before they took over. Not a lot of bang for the buck. With the economy still struggling and unemployment still close to 10%, they are going to catch all kinds of hell and deservedly so. They campaigned on a "let us fix it & change." All we've gotten is more of the same.

Sadly - many stupid people will figure it's time to give the GOP another shot rather than vote toward actual change. :wacko:

Bingo. Obama and the Dems have spent a lot of money and things aren't much better than they were before they took over. Not a lot of bang for the buck. With the economy still struggling and unemployment still close to 10%, they are going to catch all kinds of hell and deservedly so. They campaigned on a "let us fix it & change." All we've gotten is more of the same.

Sadly - many stupid people will figure it's time to give the GOP another shot rather than vote toward actual change. :wacko:

Of course, right or wrong, the argument there is things would be X amount worse if not for their action. We are living in a great recession. Not exactly the typical economic environment most presidents have found themselves in.

Of course, right or wrong, the argument there is things would be X amount worse if not for their action. We are living in a great recession. Not exactly the typical economic environment most presidents have found themselves in.

Agreed, but I think the historical rules apply - the incumbants will pay a heavy price when the economy is in the toilet. "Things could be worse" is a crummy platform to run on.