[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Inception

Avernus

got mom-in-law to babysit yesterday and we really enjoyed it.

Every movie needs a bad guy and the bad guy in this movie was really interesting.

I was thinking that at least one of the actors in Inception that have yet to play in a Batman (Nolan version) movie will likely be in the 3rd Batman movie..

hopefully DiCaprio...and/or the other guy I've seen in the previews plenty...

One word from me: AWESOME

Like it has been mentioned before, pay close attention to what they are saying throughout and try to remember the small details as they come back to make the movie incredible. I was on the edge of my seat throughout, I love all the gun fights (not just pistols but BIG guns). The ending...was perfect too...

Edited by SuperBalla

One word from me: AWESOME

Like it has been mentioned before, pay close attention to what they are saying throughout and try to remember the small details as they come back to make the movie incredible. I was on the edge of my seat throughout, I love all the gun fights (not just pistols but BIG guns). The ending...was perfect too...

I loved it too but as with most movies featuring a chase scene and gunfire it defies belief that a vehicle could be sprayed with gunfire from every angle and basically shot to pieces and nobody gets hit. :wacko:

Saw it yesterday. I enjoyed it as well. The movie is smart, action-packed, has great special effects and a good emotional anchor. the kind of move you will want to watch again to see all the things you missed the first time around.

Leo picks good scripts. I loved the symbolism of

him walking away from the top at the end.

I loved it too but as with most movies featuring a chase scene and gunfire it defies belief that a vehicle could be sprayed with gunfire from every angle and basically shot to pieces and nobody gets hit. :wacko:

You take candy from babies, don't you?

Leo picks good scripts. I loved the symbolism of

him walking away from the top at the end.

And there you have it.

Did the top fall? They show it just start to move but never do they show it fall.

If the point there was to make everyone wonder then it worked on me. Again, maybe my pain pills did mess with me a little but was that ending clear cut or was it a "hmmm maybe" ending?

And there you have it.

Did the top fall? They show it just start to move but never do they show it fall.

If the point there was to make everyone wonder then it worked on me. Again, maybe my pain pills did mess with me a little but was that ending clear cut or was it a "hmmm maybe" ending?

To me, the whole point goes back to what his wife told him, that in a world where no one reality is any more valid than another, you are free to choose which one you prefer. That he walked away from the top, before seeing if it toppled or not was representative of his choice that he no longer cared whether or not this reality was the "real" one, it was the one he was going to choose to accept as real.

People were asking about killing or dying at certain levels, I figured ultimately the dreamer has to wake up, so why is it ok to just live in a dream? I understand eventually you might lose grip of reality, but you always \\\"wake up\\\". It\\\'s almost like a drug...I guess. The ending, still resonates in my mind, because I think ultimately, the sleeper must wake up for things to be, really be ok. Great movie, loves it, loves it, loves it.

Edited by SuperBalla

Just saw it and I'd echo most all the statements made. Not a movie you want to leave for ten minutes to get popcorn. Gotta pay attention to be sure and keep up with what is happening.

I thought waking them up through the multiple levels was brilliantly scripted and done. The only thing that I think I missed and is rather important is what the old japanese man said at the end. I know it drew a circle to the start of the movie - was it something about him having died in the dream and not getting out? He spoke very softly and I could not catch it.

At the end of the movie right before the final scene with DiCaprio reuniting with his kids, it has him in the same room as he was at the start of the movie when they had found him on the beach and brought him into the room with only a gun and the top on him. The Japanese guy was in the room and was much, much older and I did not catch what he said so I did not understand that little scene.

At the end of the movie right before the final scene with DiCaprio reuniting with his kids, it has him in the same room as he was at the start of the movie when they had found him on the beach and brought him into the room with only a gun and the top on him. The Japanese guy was in the room and was much, much older and I did not catch what he said so I did not understand that little scene.

Yes now I remember. But I don't remember what was said. :wacko: I hope someone else does.