[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Inception

Avernus

• 2 weeks later...

At the end of the movie right before the final scene with DiCaprio reuniting with his kids, it has him in the same room as he was at the start of the movie when they had found him on the beach and brought him into the room with only a gun and the top on him. The Japanese guy was in the room and was much, much older and I did not catch what he said so I did not understand that little scene.

just saw it.

i believe dicaprio had said that, when you're down that deep, you forget details of your real life. dicaprio was saying he was supposed to remind watanabe of something, and watanabe remembered they had an agreement. then he said how they could be young men again. i think it was supposed to show how watanabe had been down there so long he had forgotten why he was there, and dicaprio reminded him.

just saw it.

i believe dicaprio had said that, when you're down that deep, you forget details of your real life. dicaprio was saying he was supposed to remind watanabe of something, and watanabe remembered they had an agreement. then he said how they could be young men again. i think it was supposed to show how watanabe had been down there so long he had forgotten why he was there, and dicaprio reminded him.

I don't think it was so much that you forget details of your real life, but rather you have just be there so long that you can't differentiate real life vs the dream, the same issue DiCaprio's wife had. I don't think DiCaprio needed to remind him off anything once the top was shown as he knew exactly who DiCaprio was.

chiiiiiite - went so fired up and expecting a great movie, came away seriously dissapointed.........a real poor mans Matrix

phenomenal idea, and for the most part it was solid enough, but it also was kind of a mess

the violence/action was flat out lame, they just about lost me completely when a dozen commandos are unloading clip after clip into cars, vans, etc that are sitting still on a bridge for f*cks sake, and no one is hit? psst

they completely lost me with the falling van/htoel scenes, followed up by the James Bond- inspired snow scene finale - Yellow Submarine was that?

too many effing dreams within a dream

swing and a miss - you couldn't pay me to see it again

Three things I didn't like:

1) Lots of shooting and only one bullet hits anyone (near so far as I can tell).

2) Makeup on 'old Japanese guy' looked really fake. I did like the touch of his long stringy hairs on his chin, though.

3) The scene with the train running through the city some time in the first half of the movie ... when the car whipped across the swath cut by the train in the asphalt, the car didn't BUMP over the asphalt, it just skidded as if the train hadn't just ripped up the street.

...so, if those are my only problems, it's pretty easy to call it as a very good and very thought provoking movie...

:wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

they completely lost me with the falling van/htoel scenes

In order to "wake up" from the dream, there has to be a "kick" or a sudden shake that is used as a subconscious signal. You see this in the beginning of the film where they kick the chair over into the tub of water. The problem came though as the van was falling there is no sense of gravity, so it became more difficult to provide that kick. Each successive dream needed to be kicked out prior to the next level up.

The slow motion was because the movie was in "real time" for the 3rd or 4th levels of dreams, where minutes/hours were just a fraction of a second in reality.

In order to "wake up" from the dream, there has to be a "kick" or a sudden shake that is used as a subconscious signal. You see this in the beginning of the film where they kick the chair over into the tub of water. The problem came though as the van was falling there is no sense of gravity, so it became more difficult to provide that kick. Each successive dream needed to be kicked out prior to the next level up.

The slow motion was because the movie was in "real time" for the 3rd or 4th levels of dreams, where minutes/hours were just a fraction of a second in reality.

to clarify, I understand the concept of the dreaming, etc. They lost me when the van was sitting on the bridge with 5 peeps and commandos unloaded hundreds of rounds into and hit no one - followed by the ridiculous snow scenes

I know I am in the minority, I just didn't dig the movie that much..........

Edited by wildcat2334

to clarify, I understand the concept of the dreaming, etc. They lost me when the van was sitting on the bridge with 5 peeps and commandos unloaded hundreds of rounds into and hit no one - followed by the ridiculous snow scenes

I know I am in the minority, I just didn't dig the movie that much..........

The movie was an awesome movie as far as keeping your brain thinking - It was 2.5 hours long and if they would have got rid of all the shooting/snow scens and made those parts less "Mission Impossible" like it would have been 2 hours and much better - I felt no need for the shoot em up action stuff.