[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Google Chrome

DMD

I have always used IE pretty much since that is what most of the world uses and I want to experience the site as would most members. I also have Firefox I would occasionally use and Opera. My kid talked me into using Google Chrome for a browser. I just had a NASTY virus cleaned from my machine (Network Control popups look official but that is another story).

Anyway, Man. This is fast. put it side by side with IE and there is no competition. Plus with 2% of the market, no one is writing viruses for it unlike Firefox who now has enough attention that they get their own viruses.

Thumbs up.

I've used Chrome for over a year and love it. It still has some occasional glitches, for example I have to use IE to list items for sale on Ebay and Pandora comes through better on IE also. Not sure if certain pages are tailored for use with IE or if Chrome just hasn't worked out all the kinks yet. But I use Chrome for 99% of my browsing and it is awesome.

There were a lot of warnings about it being vulnerable to attacks but I haven't had any issues. My favorite feature is the bookmark bar at the top. Most sites have a little icon, for example the Huddle has the "H" symbol, so I delete the text names to fit more icons on the bar.

I only use IE when doing web design to see it is working. Firefox/Opera for years. I used chrome as my "football browsing" browser for quite a while. Firefox started crashing on me recently so I have been on Chrome for about three weeks straight now.

It's simplicity works for the kids too. I have the Chrome on the desktop set up for my son as a browser and it's easy for him to get around and has HIS favorites, he loves it.

For the Social Media users that use Chrome, there is a version of Flock now that uses Chrome as well.

Trusting Google is like trusting a kleptomaniac with your wallet.

Actually, that would be Facebook, IMHO. But Google is not much better either. At least with Koobface, people know they're kleptos. Google is very good at being subtle about it though.

Anonymity on the internet is truly a farce though.

http://discovermagazine.com/2009/nov/08-yo...-be-an-illusion

I hated Opera's interface and didn't find it faster at all. When push comes to shove, IE is OK but it sucks at handling fonts for some reason....they're invariable too small and if I increase it, way too big elsewhere.