[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please pass the corn......

hooknladder

Yeah, and he could grow a foot, change into an African-American, develop a sky hook, and play for the Lakes for a decade too.

What are the odds of it happening...

Michael Jackson grew a nose, changed into a Caucasian and developed Jesus juice in a can and might have dated a Laker for ten years. Does that count?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, moran.

i may not even take 1. Kolb is not top 7 or 8 everywhere. you really should try to understand what i'm saying before you start with the name calling. all these years i thought you had at least a concept, but this year you have revealed yourself to be surprisingly naive'. first you declare S. Sax would make a good RB2 :tup: (you must be in a real cheesedick league) now your missing the whole point of this post which is exploring the possibility of taking a QB late, (i.e. Kolb), while gaining strength at other positions. you should have kept your mouth shut. i had you all wrong. :wacko:

you should go check the recent Huddle Mock drafts.....

and I don't care how you perceive me because you seem to think that your opinion = Henry Muto...

and umm I wasn't addressing your original post....it was buddah's post that I agree'd with...

you say that not everyone has Kolb in the top 8, but not everyone has SJax as a RB1....I wouldn't take a RB that is in such a horrible offense as a RB1 anymore - I learned my lesson....

...cheesedick...

you should go check the recent Huddle Mock drafts.....

and I don't care how you perceive me because you seem to think that your opinion = Henry Muto...

and umm I wasn't addressing your original post....it was buddah's post that I agree'd with...

you say that not everyone has Kolb in the top 8, but not everyone has SJax as a RB1....I wouldn't take a RB that is in such a horrible offense as a RB1 anymore - I learned my lesson....

...cheesedick...

Just to chime in on the pissing match...

Before DeSean Jackson and Maclin were carted off the field I had Kolb as the 8th qb... Based on what I saw last year and Andy Reid.

As far as Steven Jackson goes, I have him somewhere around 10-12 at this point due to wear and tear, back injuries and the unfortunate fact that he's a ram.

What a cheesedick.

Yeah, and he could grow a foot, change into an African-American, develop a sky hook, and play for the Lakes for a decade too.

You really think Romo is that far ahead of Kolb that Romo is a lock to beat him? I smell a bet...

You really think Romo is that far ahead of Kolb that Romo is a lock to beat him? I smell a bet...

I may jump in on that.

Kolb, playing in this passing offense with these WRs and a lack of proven rushing attack and likely playing from behind more than in prior years....versus Romo with the three-headed rushing attack, likely playing from ahead in 2nd halves. :wacko:

Wait wait wait... You guys are talking that Kolb is going to outscore Romo? :wacko:

It's not so much that he is, but that the disparity between the two isn't very large (and that the idea that he could isn't far fetched). My comment was in response to Bronco Billy's comment below (regarding the chances of Kolb outscoring Romo...

It's not so much that he is, but that the disparity between the two isn't very large (and that the idea that he could isn't far fetched). My comment was in response to Bronco Billy's comment below (regarding the chances of Kolb outscoring Romo...

that's not quite right. Kolb outscoring Romo, or Rivers or any of the consensus Top 7 to become a Top 5 IS the issue. This stems back to kpholmes comment...

Whoever asked I would put the following above Kolb, in no special order:

Manning

Brees

Rodgers

Romo

Schaub

Brady

Rivers

Flacco

Favre (cmon we know he's playing)

Manning #2

Flacco

Cutler (yes Cutler)

I could easily put several others there.

Whoever asked I would put the following above Kolb, in no special order:

Manning

Brees

Rodgers

Romo

Schaub

Brady

Rivers

Flacco

Favre (cmon we know he's playing)

Manning #2

Flacco

Cutler (yes Cutler)

I could easily put several others there.

Manning - yeah

Brees - yeah

Rodgers - yeah

Romo - yeah

Schaub - yeah

Brady - debatable, but yeah

Rivers - yeah

Flacco - he has the weapons, but the defense is too good to allow him to be in enough shootouts like I expect from Kolb...

Favre - no

Eli - no

Flacco - you mentioned him twice...and still no, but he's close imo...

Cutler - with what weapons? He'll produce, but I think that mentally, he's too much of a risk taker to be a consistent QB - Kolb has been in the same offense over the past 3 years and has been spoon fed this system...

imo...

Rodgers

Brees

Manning

Schaub

Romo

Rivers

Brady

Kolb

Flacco

Ryan

Cutler

McNabb

He should develop into a solid QB, but I can't justify drafting him ahead of guys like Flacco, Ryan and Cutler this year. Too much inexperience across the entire offense. Kolb could very well throw for 4,000 yards and put up top 10 stats, but I'll pass on him as a QB1.

I want to make sure I'm reading this right.

So a QB whose NFL experience pretty much boils down to two games where he torched 2 very weak pass Ds with no book on him - one of which managed to pick him 3 times in the process - is going to outperform guys like Ryan with a very powerful O in ATL, Romo with Austin, Witten, Bryant, and Williams among others as targets, and Cutler running a Martz O? That doesn't even address Flacco, E Manning, and McNabb among others.

Man, I've got to get me some of that ganja that you all are smoking...

I want to make sure I'm reading this right.

So a QB whose NFL experience pretty much boils down to two games where he torched 2 very weak pass Ds with no book on him - one of which managed to pick him 3 times in the process - is going to outperform guys like Ryan with a very powerful O in ATL, Romo with Austin, Witten, Bryant, and Williams among others as targets, and Cutler running a Martz O? That doesn't even address Flacco, E Manning, and McNabb among others.

Man, I've got to get me some of that ganja that you all are smoking...

he also drove down the field against the Ravens late in the prior game....their D is supposed to be good :tup:

I wasn't aware that Atlanta had a "very powerful O"...they have Ryan, Turner and White which are all good, but there is pretty much nothing else other than an old Gonzales at TE......and they are a run first offense, mind you...

only one person said he would outperform Romo - you are combining the thought of one person and mixing it in with the rest when you couple the rest of these assumptions...

and Cutler running a Martz offense is still not what it seems....the teams that thrived offensively with Martz were either in a dome or were a "warm weather team"...let alone the fact that he's spent most of his career in the NFC West which has been known for it's defensive juggernauts this past decade :wacko: .....and when he ran the offense on the Lions, their outdoor road games weren't as productive as the ones in a dome (Home, Vikings, Dallas (yeah, it's pretty much a Dome)....I'd like to see a martz offense be as prolific as it has been ...in Chicago ....I have my doubts while I actually had less doubt for the Lions offense a couple of years ago due to the situation and them being a Dome team...

as for Flacco, Manning and McNabb....all have better D's than the Eagles and are also all run first teams.....the Eagles pass 1st, 2nd and 3rd pretty much and I don't know how you can find a way to slight a QB that "torched" any NFL defense his 1st 2 games...let alone the fact that this was an offense in which a broke down Jeff Garcia, Koy Detmer and AJ Feeley all played well in let alone the fact that McNabb was a pro-bowl QB in this system that favors a QB like Kolb way more than it does an inaccurate QB who holds onto the ball too long like McNabb...

McNabb was a playmaker, now he's a pocket passer that can't read a defense - earlier in his career, he would scramble until the defense broke down and would hit a safety net unless he managed to read the defense once in a blue moon....but he still produced, in a pass 1st and 2nd offense...

I don't see how Kolb isn't a top 10 QB - I have him 8th and 11th at worst....and there is no way you put McNabb ahead of him - period....this isn't the Oakland Raiders or Kansas City Chiefs etc. etc. ....the Eagles offense has plugged in QB's other than McNabb this past decade and the offense still produced..

A. Rodgers stats before he became the starter:

Comp / att / yds / td / int

2007 20 / 28 / 218 / 1 / 0

2006 6 / 15 / 46 / 0 / 0

2005 9 / 16 / 65 / 0 / 1

I don't see anything in his early stats that said he was going to be a stud. I'm not saying Kolb is the next A. Rodgers, but top 10 isn't out of the question.

A. Rodgers stats before he became the starter:

Comp / att / yds / td / int

2007 20 / 28 / 218 / 1 / 0

2006 6 / 15 / 46 / 0 / 0

2005 9 / 16 / 65 / 0 / 1

I don't see anything in his early stats that said he was going to be a stud. I'm not saying Kolb is the next A. Rodgers, but top 10 isn't out of the question.

You must not watch much Pac-10 Football. :wacko: