[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

7th pick

GReatONE

Really struggling with this idea. I'm fairly certain CJ, AP, Rice, MJD, Gore will be gone and probably Turner or Brees. Assuming this is the case, I'm leaning towards AJ in first. I haven't ran too many mocks yet to see where players are falling, but I'm thinking AJ has a hell of a year. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Yes, this is a re-draft. I'm not opposed to the idea of grabbing a top QB on the turn, but my concern will be with a poor backfield. Who do you see falling in the 3-4 rounds at the RB spot in that scenario? I typically like to wait on the QB until later rounds personnally

Understood. But I've been picking the brain of the guy drafting at 6 and he has been pretty firm in telling me he's leaning towards Turner. It could be a smoke screen, but knowing him and the league it's usually pretty RB heavy in the first few rounds.

No issues taking AJ at 7 in a PPR, my only hesitation is, assuming this is the league in your sigline, only 2 required WRs, 2 required RBs and no flex means WRs are pretty devalued. I could make arguments for SJax, Turner if he is there, DWill, Grant and a host of other RBs in this situation, particularly if your league goes RB heavy as you said, as you can still get a WR like Jennings, Marshall, Austin (I'm not high on Austin, but many are so he is worth mentioning) in the 2nd round, heck, it's possible a Wayne may even fall here. IMO, it is going to be a lot easier to find a potential top 5 WR in the 2nd than it is to even find a potential top 5 RB, while some of the RB names I mentioned above have top 5 potential. Grabbing a potential top 5 contender at both RB and WR in this league setup could pay off big if one or both hit.

If AJ is available I would definitely take him. In rds. 2 & 3 Iwould go wr-rb or rb-wr. The wr pool will get weaker faster than rb. Go to fantasy footballcalculator.com and try it out with some mock drafts.

Zing is 100 % correct...take AJ if you can there...the WR pool dilutes very quickly !

if PPR then AJ won't (most likely) be available. And I would prob take Moss over Turner (if PPR) with the 7th. And you did not even tell us how many teams there are in the league, which matters b/c if 10 or even 12 then you could get Turner then (2nd round since I feel that you like him so).

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

More info needed, but like Big Country said, only starting 2 WR's really devaules them. My issue in PPR is after the top 5 RB's I have a tier of about 6 backs. I just don't see that much difference in any of them. I would take AJ if he's there and if you really are set on taking a RB you can get one of those 6 in the 2nd round. I agree with the first response though. The value in the 2nd round will be ARogers and PManning, IMO. I just don't like that 2nd tier of RB's and have been doing allot of mocks where I stock up on the 3rd and 4th tier of RB's, if I can't get one of the top 5 Rb's (top 6 in non-PPR; Turner) I'm going WR, or possibly QB in the first.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

I'm in the same position in one league ppr I pick 7th and in another standard scoring league I pick 8th. I think your top picks in a ppr league will be Ap, RR, CJ, MJD, Gore and AJ. Now that leaves you at 7th. You could pick Moss and then hope for a top QB on the turn. Or pick up Turner and try to grab a quality WR on the turn. I've done a bunch of mocks doing WR, WR, RB, RB and the teams have been pretty good. Lots of value for RB in 3rd and 4th rounds. Good luck!

In 10 and 12 team leagues you will be overpaying for Turner in the 1st.

In a ppr you may be overpaying for Turner in the 1st in a 10 team. In a 12 team ppr I think it"s ok to draft him late in the first. In non ppr I think Turner can go 7th with no problems in a 10 or 12 team league. Just my opinion.

No issues taking AJ at 7 in a PPR, my only hesitation is, assuming this is the league in your sigline, only 2 required WRs, 2 required RBs and no flex means WRs are pretty devalued. I could make arguments for SJax, Turner if he is there, DWill, Grant and a host of other RBs in this situation, particularly if your league goes RB heavy as you said, as you can still get a WR like Jennings, Marshall, Austin (I'm not high on Austin, but many are so he is worth mentioning) in the 2nd round, heck, it's possible a Wayne may even fall here. IMO, it is going to be a lot easier to find a potential top 5 WR in the 2nd than it is to even find a potential top 5 RB, while some of the RB names I mentioned above have top 5 potential. Grabbing a potential top 5 contender at both RB and WR in this league setup could pay off big if one or both hit.

Perfect analysis, IMO. If you dont REALLY like any of the RBs available, take AJ and don't look back. I would. Plus, if you start the run on receivers, there's a better chance one of those RBs will still be there for you in the 2nd.

Is Turner really going that high? (7th) in PPR leagues (10 team)? I was thinking earliest I could see him was in the early teens. I've got the 7th in a PPR draft tomorrow (Sunday) and I hate the drop off after the 5 RBs (CJ,AP,MJD, RR, and Gore) and AJ. I'm absolutely taking AJ at the 7th spot if he's there and the 5 RBs are gone.

What's getting me is that I can't comfortable withany of the #7 possibilities. DeAngelo,SJax,Turner, Charles, Grant, etc. at #7 nor can I get really excited about the value of RMoss or Wayne at #7. I've NEVER taken a QB in the first 4 rounds in 15 years.

I'm typically pretty conservative with some combo of 2 RBs and 2 WRs in the first 4 rounds.

Randy Moss not such a bad pick at #7 in a 10 team PPR that starts 2 WRs, 2 RB, and a flex. 6 pt TD for all incl. QBs?

Randy Moss not such a bad pick at #7 in a 10 team PPR that starts 2 WRs, 2 RB, and a flex. 6 pt TD for all incl. QBs?

The smaller the league the easier it is to go ahead and go WR early and still find decent RBs later. QBs even more devalued, so wait there. 7 is a tough spot this year. I would look more at what you think you are likely to find in the 2nd and 3rd round, and whichever position you think is strongest in those rounds, go the opposite in the 1st, so, if you are thinking the WR options are stronger in the 2nd and 3rd round, go RB at 7. If you like the RB options, then go Moss or whomever is your top rated WR.