[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is the most hyped player(s) in FF this year?

Jackass

Cowboys WRs. I just checked an ADP site and I am seeing this correctly, Mile Austin drafted as the 6th WR overall? I'll take Rowdy Roddy White's proven consistency thanks.

As for Dez Bryant, can we get him thru a practice before hyping him? I love this kid in dynasty but asking him to produce today will be a challenge. The Cowboy I want to own this year is Romo, and everyone else can draft a slice of the pie.

I had White last year and he only really did well a few weeks for me....but he had I think 2 monster games...

..other than that, White was not consistent for me...

I had White last year and he only really did well a few weeks for me....but he had I think 2 monster games...

..other than that, White was not consistent for me...

2007 83 catches 1202 yards 6 td

2008 88 catches 1382 yards 7td

2009 85 catches 1153 yards 11 td

Pretty darn consistent, about 5 catches for 78 yards and .5td per game

in 2009 White had either 1 td or 98 yards receiving 10 out of 16 games. 2 of those were 'monsters' but he still gave you something 8 other times. Solid.

My reservation with White is the fact that he has to play TB and Carolina twice, he tends to struggle against 'Tampa 2' schemes, but even last year he was able to produce against both opponents. Finally might I introduce you to DMD's strength of schedule swings? Who's that #84 dude on the cover on that article? He sure looks happy.

Anyways, it's not that I'm down on Austin per se, I'm just hoping White slips thru the cracks to me one more year...

Season total doesn't tell the story

White, Roddy ATL WR 16.781 9.20 17.30 6.40 B 43.00 15.60 17.00 20.80 5.90 16.80 8.50 16.70 25.40 6.10 7.30 33.90 18.60

He had 6 really off weeks. In my league his average was about 16.78 points a week (268.5 for the season)

Edited by Zooty

2007 83 catches 1202 yards 6 td

2008 88 catches 1382 yards 7td

2009 85 catches 1153 yards 11 td

Pretty darn consistent, about 5 catches for 78 yards and .5td per game

in 2009 White had either 1 td or 98 yards receiving 10 out of 16 games. 2 of those were 'monsters' but he still gave you something 8 other times. Solid.

My reservation with White is the fact that he has to play TB and Carolina twice, he tends to struggle against 'Tampa 2' schemes, but even last year he was able to produce against both opponents. Finally might I introduce you to DMD's strength of schedule swings? Who's that #84 dude on the cover on that article? He sure looks happy.

Anyways, it's not that I'm down on Austin per se, I'm just hoping White slips thru the cracks to me one more year...

here's what I was talking about...

September

5 rec, 42 yds

6 rec, 53 yds 1TD

4 rec, 24 yds

October

8 rec, 210 yds 2TD

4 rec, 56 yds 1TD

6 rec, 50 yds 1TD

November

4 rec, 108 yds 1TD

3 rec, 27 yds

7rec, 98 yds

4rec, 45 yds

5 rec, 57 yds 1TD

December

9 rec, 104 yds 1TD

2 rec, 41 yds

4 rec, 33 yds

8rec, 139 yds 2TD

(left out week 17 as very few leagues play that week)

- only in October did he manage to follow a game with a TD with another...he did it in all 3 games, plus he had his best performance of the season posting 200+ yds and 2 TD...

- White also broke 100 yds receiving just 4 times and came close once in November with 98 yds and even then, there was no TD for him that game which was sandwiched between two mediocre performances...

- he performed around where his ADP was based on his overall stats, but a few players below him that I would rather have are Sidney Rice and DeSean Jackson...

Roddy White is in the Greg Jennings category for me and I wouldn't mind having either one as a WR2, but not as a WR1...so owning either player would obviously depend on how my draft went...

I'll be the first to admit White was off the final 6 weeks save for championship week (but he probably didn't help you get there).

I'm no DC, but with Michael Turner out or playing injured during that stretch, it was a lot easier to take away White.

Heading into 2010 I like White's situation a lot. Interesting note: I draft 4th and 6th in 2 upcoming pprs. I'm very interested to see who is staring at me in round 2, especially if I have AJ in round 1 :p

Quality writing and insight. Welcome to the Huddle and I look forward to reading more of your stuff.

Thanks for the kind words Opie, I am truly pumped to be a part of this organization. :wacko:

Dammit, I'm gonna add you as my first forums Friend, I've never used that feature before!

JUM

Larry Fitzgerald.

How can LF be the most hyped (or overhyped) FF player? Dude is hands down the best WR in the game today. Sure, he's gonna take a slight hit in #'s with no KW throwing to him - but still. If he's open and Leinart gets it even in the vicinity of Fitz, he's gonna make the catch every time. I think the loss of Boldin is a little OVERHYPED if you ask me.

Even with knowing that, I'd happily take Fitz as my WR#1 on my team any day of the week. But what do I know? I'm just a squirrel tryin to get a nut!

Rookies, especially RB's, tend to always get more hype than they deserve. Going with that theme:

- Ryan Matthews - I like him the best out of the rookie RB group, obviously, but enough that I'm confident he'll live up to expectations? I don't know... he's being drafted as a RB1 in a lot of leagues... that's a lot to ask for, considering he hasn't played a snap in the NFL. Dynasty leagues... he's the top guy, no doubt. Redraft? Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I want him as anything more than my #2 back, and even that is pushing it.

- Montario Hardesty - It's yet to be determined whether or not this guy will even start a game this year. Again, dynasty league, sure. Redraft? Maybe as my 5th RB, but that's about it.

- Ben Tate - It sounds like there is a pretty good chance that, barring injury to Arian Foster, this guy WON"T start a game this year. Dynasty? Sure. Redraft? Don't bother, unless it's a really deep league.

- Dez Bryant - This guy has big play written all over him, but let's be honest... Does anybody really think he's going to bring any sort of CONSISTENT fantasy production to the table in year one? Considering the other weapons in Dallas, I'm having a hard time believing that to be likely.

Wes Welker . . . the guy is coming off an ACL tear but people are still all over him.

Hardesty for the Browns is getting a lot of hype, but I sure wont be drafting him.

Colston . personal pick because he is coming off another surgery (didnt he have offseason surgery the year before too?) and with Meachum emerging will push down his numbers . . even in that uber-offense.

Aaron Rodgers. First off, I am a Packer fan. Secondly, I am too worried about that offensive line and Rodgers getting hurt. To have him as a consensus #1 QB picked is too much for me to buy into. The guy has an amazing supporting cast, and has great skills, but I worry that he will miss time getting hit all the time. That is the only justification I have for putting him on that list (before PON or someone else starts going crazy . . .)

Minny WRs. Until drama queen Favre makes up his mind . . . they are over-hyped. With Favre, they are justified for their ADP. Without Favre they are way over-hyped.

Forsett

Charles

Not that I'm not a believer they can't get the job done, just that they are being crowned huge boom guys with little reservation. Forsett hype that I've seen this offseason actually got so big that it burst and now seems to be coming back down.

Forsett

Charles

Not that I'm not a believer they can't get the job done, just that they are being crowned huge boom guys with little reservation. Forsett hype that I've seen this offseason actually got so big that it burst and now seems to be coming back down.

Actually J. Charles' ADP has taken a beating this offseason. I don't think he's hyped by many people anymore since Thomas Jones signed. At the end of 2009 you had people blog-blabbing about taking JC with the 4th or 5th overall pick. With good reason. He was matching Chris Johnson yard for yard toward the end of the season. His ADP settled down in the late 2nd round this summer. Though after the KC/Atl game he'll pop back up a few spots.

Forsett's been hype-fueled and I've done it too. After the Sea/TN game where Julius Jones started, Forsett's balloon lost air. Jones was a spotty grinder with no vision as usual tonight, but he did start.

People who drafted this Saturday afternoon drafted Forsett a round or two earlier than people will next Saturday. Such is the preseason.

Edited by JUMbotron

Actually J. Charles' ADP has taken a beating this offseason. I don't think he's hyped by many people anymore since Thomas Jones signed. At the end of 2009 you had people blog-blabbing about taking JC with the 4th or 5th overall pick. With good reason. He was matching Chris Johnson yard for yard toward the end of the season. His ADP settled down in the late 2nd round this summer. Though after the KC/Atl game he'll pop back up a few spots.

Forsett's been hype-fueled and I've done it too. After the Sea/TN game where Julius Jones started, Forsett's balloon lost air. Jones was a spotty grinder with no vision as usual tonight, but he did start.

People who drafted this Saturday afternoon drafted Forsett a round or two earlier than people will next Saturday. Such is the preseason.

4th or 5th overall, currently rb8 by this site, with a veteran back signed, after an 8 game sample size and he's not one of the most hyped?