[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So I treated today like a football day.

Skippy

We are in mid season form in my house. Today my wife had all the potatoes prepped and ready to turn into home fries. She the bacon ready and the eggs already cracked and into the mixing bowel. Chopped and onion and a few garlic cloves and called me to the kitchen.

Potatoes going on the back burner with a big old hunk of butter in there. CHECK

Eggs beaten and ready to mix with some salt, pepper, and some cream. CHECK

Bacon cooking off on the front burner. CHECK

Onion going in the back very nicely. CHECK

Within a few minutes all things combined and into the oven. Bloody Marys and Screw Drivers mixed and ready to consume. My sister and BIL come over and enjoy our little football day tradition on the back patio.

In a few hours we will have a few very nice Porterhouse steaks that I have sitting out right now. Brats and burgers for the young kids.

I am feeling like it is football time. Other than it is about 85 in the shade.

{Edit to add something that I forgot}

We did not watch the game last night. I DVR'ed it and we are starting it in a few minutes. We are really trying to pretend it is football season.

Edited by Skippy

Sounds good, Skippy. :wacko:

Sundays at our house are pretty laid back - we so "Sunday Sammies" after church - just loaded up hoagie sandwiches.

We either do roast and veggies or breakfast for dinner. Once in a while I throw something on the pit for Sunday evenings.

due to having short summers, we are trying to enjoy every warm day we get. not in football mode at all over here. i/we usually........

either:

a. get up, make coffee, ski for a few hours, get back in time to adjust rosters, get back into pj's, settle in for fb...food is misc. every other week i'll make fondue, the rest different sandwiches.

b. get up make coffee, skip skiing, stay in pj's, make breakfast (some type of pancake, waffles, french toast, bacon/onion roesti...... adjust rosters, watch football.

Back when I was single... :wacko: ... I would get up early (I lived in Cali at the time) and would head over to IHOP for chocolate chip pancakes, a whole mess of sausage, hash browns and scrambled eggs.

And then, later in the day, I would go all out at Weinerschintzel.... I'm talkin' 2 chili dogs, a chili cheeseburger and some fries. :tup:

No wonder I'm a tub of goo. :tup:

Edited by darin3

Back when I was single... :wacko: ... I would get up early (I lived in Cali at the time) and would head over to IHOP for chocolate chip pancakes, a whole mess of sausage, hash browns and scrambled eggs.

And then, later in the day, I would go all out at Weinerschintzel.... I'm talkin' 2 chili dogs, a chili cheeseburger and some fries. :tup:

No wonder I'm a tub of goo. :tup:

lol!

Colts had the early game today, so we started up this season's pizza tradition. Box of pepperoni cheese bread, pepperoni pizza, crazy bread for the kids, and a 2-liter of pop from Little Caesers. Yes it's not gourmet dining, but it's cheap, quick, and good (relatively speaking).