[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Questions on Huddle's Top 200 QB Heavy Cheatsheet

splotchman

I have a couple questions for any Huddle staff or Huddlers on the Top 200 QB Heavy Cheatsheet:

1) What would you define here as a "QB Heavy" scoring system? A league in which TDs simply equal 6 pts and standard QB yardage like 1 pt per 20 or 25 yds? Or a league that just counts TDs?

2) Outside of the QB heavy scoring, are the rest of the positions ranked on the Top 200 cheatsheet according to PPR or standard scoring format?

Thanks in advance for the help.

I have a couple questions for any Huddle staff or Huddlers on the Top 200 QB Heavy Cheatsheet:

1) What would you define here as a "QB Heavy" scoring system? A league in which TDs simply equal 6 pts and standard QB yardage like 1 pt per 20 or 25 yds? Or a league that just counts TDs?

2) Outside of the QB heavy scoring, are the rest of the positions ranked on the Top 200 cheatsheet according to PPR or standard scoring format?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Just my impression of a QB heavy scoring system would be 6 pt TD's, 1 point 25 yards and no INT penalty. Those rules even make Delhomme look attractive.

If your not counting turnovers, he surely falls into the top 20. He could easily throw for 3500 yards and 20 TD's in Cleveland. But in the same breath, he could also throw 20 INT's

16 QBs performed at this level last season, so not sure this is saying much.

It is based upon a PPR league that either rewards six point TDs for passing or like a league that starts two QBs and has 4 point or more TDs. It is mostly based on the six point TDs. I used PPR as opposed to non-ppr because most leagues that would start 2 QBs or reward 6 point scores seem to be more common with PPR.

It is based upon a PPR league that either rewards six point TDs for passing or like a league that starts two QBs and has 4 point or more TDs. It is mostly based on the six point TDs. I used PPR as opposed to non-ppr because most leagues that would start 2 QBs or reward 6 point scores seem to be more common with PPR.

I was looking for this cheat sheet, but am unable to find it...can you provide a link for me? :wacko:

edit: I found it!

Edited by Avernus

It isn't, really. That's why I really don't like QB heavy scoring. It makes even horrible QB's look good and takes them pretty much out of the strategy.

I disagree...a QB is what he is and since every team has to start a QB the only difference is where you might take a certain QB....

in my local, I'd take Rodgers as high as 5th because I'm not sold on Gore due to his injury history and would want the only player to score more than CJ last year without even really clicking with his #1 WR....and then there's the option of taking CJ, but I think the dropoff at QB after the top 2 or 3 in this scoring is deeper than the dropoff at WR when I can come around and get 2 very good WR's in the following 2 rounds...

Now you guys are talking my language. My local has started 2 QB's since its inception. I really think that it makes drafting a team more difficult. Typically, in a 1 QB league, I don't even consider a QB until the 6th. I think this year is a bit of an exception due to the big drop off at RB after the top 6 or 7, IMO. In a league where you start 2 QB's it makes them every bit as valuable as RB, and possibly more valuable. The only draw back to starting 2 QB's is it kind of limits the size of your league. I don't think you can have more than 10 teams in the league if you start 2 QB's.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

It's all a matter of perspective but I just think you adding more to the pot which in essence adds to your drafting pool. In a non QB heavy league, you more prone to get the high value players early. Having added value to the QB puts players such as Cutler as high value (this analogy is in no INT penalty leagues) as a Rice or DWill.

I'm in one, mind you and I do enjoy it in that it diversifies my playing experience in the 4 leagues I play in, but it's also not my primary league just for this mere reason.

To each is to own on this.

Thanks, DMD. I greatly appreciate the clarification.