[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Kolb... this years big bust at QB? The big bust at every position...

euphy

QB - Kevin Kolb - hype , Joe Flacco (yes I said it) - I think NFL defenses have figured him out. Watch the Steelers game from last year.

RB - Beanie Wells - all hype, he won't even beat Hightower for the startign job, Marion Barber - on his last legs, Brandon Jacobs - on his last legs

WR - Brandon Marshall - the Dolphins are a running team, Anquon Boldin - Flacco's main weapon is Mason, Steve Smith (Panthers) - has no one throwing to him

TE - John Carlson - has no one throwing to him, Vernon Davis - no one throwing to him, and he will have to split catches with Crabtree, Dallas Clark - coming off leg injury

QB - Kevin Kolb, Joe Flacco (yes I said it)

RB - Beanie Wells, Marion Barber, Brandon Jacobs

WR - Brandon Marshall, Anquon Boldin, Steve Smith (Panthers)

TE - John Carlson, Vernon Davis, Dallas Clark

I think your definition of bust and that of the majority of the people here are two different things. Yes, if you are expecting Kolb, Flacco Wells, Barber, Jacobs and Carlson to be top 10 in their position, then I guess you could say they are going to be a bust, but I don't think many feel that way based upon where they are going in the draft.

Finally someone else sees the light on Kolb. Pre-season is just the beginning folks.

My bust picks (PS I call a "bust" someone who performs significantly below expectations):

QB - Romo, Kolb, Cutler (he seems to still be getting a fair amount of hype)

RB - Drew, S Jackson, P Thomas

WR - Fitz, Wayne, Austin

TE - Davis (DMD: my answer to you is regression to the norm. Come on...you seriously expect him to sniff 13 TDs again? Also talk to me when Smith has played well 2 yrs in a row)

We all hate the whole RBBC and how it affects FF.....the problem I have with Kolb is that he is in a freakin' QBBC with Vick! How is a guy gonna put up the numbers when he has to share the reigns with someone else....

We all hate the whole RBBC and how it affects FF.....the problem I have with Kolb is that he is in a freakin' QBBC with Vick! How is a guy gonna put up the numbers when he has to share the reigns with someone else....

I hope you are joking , because if not we have another nominee for dumb post of the year

Kolb isn't the problem, it's the OL...the INT from last game was from no protection and him having to run almost immediately...not to mention Herremans just got hurt I think today...

I give the OL 3-5 weeks to gel for Kolb to get acclimated as the starter for a full length season,but if the OL continues what appears to be a terrible prank then I would actually handcuff him with Vick if you had the extra roster space to actually handcuff a QB....

the Eagles offense can breed great production out of the QB position and whoever plays majority of the season will produce quality numbers in the 2nd half of the season....so hopefully Kolb can survive the early onslaught...if so, I expect some decent numbers at first and he can then progress as the OL tries to gel together...but if not, expect Vick to produce big plays and quite a few turnovers...

I hope you are joking , because if not we have another nominee for dumb post of the year

Have I missed something? Is Vick not with Philly anymore? Does he not come in a number of times in a game to play QB, keeping Kolb on the bench and out of potential yards and TD's (and not due to injury or to protect Kolb in a blow out)? Because I have seen it a good amount in Philly.

Have I missed something? Is Vick not with Philly anymore? Does he not come in a number of times in a game to play QB, keeping Kolb on the bench and out of potential yards and TD's (and not due to injury or to protect Kolb in a blow out)? Because I have seen it a good amount in Philly.

Vick sometimes helps keep Kolb on the field....especially with his legs..

Vick will be called on when the offense is sputtering and it needs a big play....if he bootlegs and runs for a 1st down, he keeps Kolb out there to maybe get into a rhythm...

APinMN....what kind of SN is that? Who does that?

Yes. Disagreeing means you're stupid to some people. :wacko: Granted "QBBC" might be going a bit far, but make no mistake, we'll see more than enough of Vickhead to ensure plenty of nausea.

Obviously a "QBBC" is not quite the same as the ol' RBBC.....but it is the only QB combo where they bring in the "change of pace" guy to mix it up that I can think of now or in the past....is/has there been a situation like this one?

• 2 weeks later...
Only week 1, but I will keep bumping this thread up because he looked horrible when he was in there.

what will you do if he starts to look great?

or what about:

Dallas Clark?on pace for 176 catches 1280 yards and 16 TDs

Steve Smith (Car)? on pace for 80 catches 1200 yards and 16 TDs

Marshall? on pace for 128 catches

Vernon Davis? on pace for 128 catches and 1173 yards and 0 TDs (that'll suck)

Carlson? on pace for over 500 yards (hardly a bust for a TE, especially where he was being drafted)

So far you nailed Kolb and Wells and one was injured early in the game and the other was injured and didn't play

Jacobs isn't even starting yet still put up what equates to over 1000 combined yards

Barber is still playing and is in a RBBC which everyone knew was going to happen

just sayin but it is just one week.

Edited by keggerz

One thing strikes me about Kolb yesterday. How many times do you see a QB initially struggle....and I'm even talking about the best ones out there....only to eventually get some rhythm, put a few passes together and start a drive. Carson Palmer yesterday was a great example.

Only, that DOESN'T happen if the coach yanks the QB every other down. And literally, that was what was happening, it wasn't even an entire drive. I can't imagine how confusing it must be to run off and on the field and try to be a QB in the NFL.

I'm not going to cut him just yet.... though I'm tempted....because I think Kolb has the tools to be an effective QB. But unless Reid is going to commit to Kolb for a series, I think you're going to see a lot of what you saw yesterday. And I don't have a great feeling about Reid just sitting Vick down and letting Kolb see what he can do with McCoy, Maclin, Celek, and DJax.