[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I got a growth on my elbow....

tazinib1

Ok I started to notice this thing about a week ago. At first I thought it was just a bad ass bruise, but it keeps growing. Its about the size of a half golf ball right now. It doesn't hurt to bend my elbow, but it hurts alittle to touch it..... Its mushy so I'm hoping its just fluid build up. Anybody know what it could be? I don't have insurance yet and I hate hospitals. Another wrench is that I leave for Florida on the 15th for a 4 week feature. Is this just a matter of draining fluid? Cause if there is any surgery involved, I could miss my gig and that would be complete and total disaster to me financially.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always, if you're concerned, you should see a doctor to be sure. However, it sounds like a ganglion cyst. I had one on my wrist and it went away on its own after a while. Google it and you should get a good idea.

I think you have a close cousin to tennis elbow called "masterbation elbow".

:wacko: I acquired that many years ago upon being given the diagnosis Blue Balls while at sea in the Navy.

Looks like I'm going to the ER tomorrow. Hate to take advantage of the system, but with no insurance, nothing else I can do.

As always, if you're concerned, you should see a doctor to be sure. However, it sounds like a ganglion cyst. I had one on my wrist and it went away on its own after a while. Google it and you should get a good idea.

Sure seems like that's what it is. Looked at some pocs via google and man those are some nasty looking ones. I have no idea, however, what could have caused it. I've received about 15 phone calls in 20 minutes after posting this on Facebook lol. Going to the evil empire tomorrow...no offense Chargers :wacko:

:wacko: I acquired that many years ago upon being given the diagnosis Blue Balls while at sea in the Navy.

Looks like I'm going to the ER tomorrow. Hate to take advantage of the system, but with no insurance, nothing else I can do.

Let me know how it goes - always interested in what I spend my money on.

If it's what I think it is (and the way you describe it), it's the bursa sac (bursitis) being inflamed. I got one on my right elbow about 10 months ago and then another on my left elbow about 3 months later. I had the right one drained 3x w/ a shot of cortisone each time (~$400/ treatment), then the Doc gave me an elbow pad to wear and it helped a lot. Haven't had the right one drained since and never had the left one drained, I just wear the elbow pads and it keeps the swelling down. The only diff. is mine don't hurt at all, but when swollen they look kinda funky. It could be infected if there is redness and pain. Picture...

The Doc said I could have surgery to remove the bursa sac, but it's not necessary.

Hope that helps, but I'd still see a Doc. Good luck.

Different state . . different insurance, different rules. Pretty sure that doesnt cross state lines. If someone uses ER services in California, it aint being paid by Wisconsin.

No worries Brian. Not at all offended. I've never in my life asked for assistance for anything. No aid, unemployment, nothing. So it doesn't bother me when I have to do what I have to do for my health. I'll get my medical insurance in due time...it just takes awhile in my business. We are not privy to 401k, Dental, Medical and all the other stuff people seem to take for granted in the beginning. At least it wasn't a pointed jab with little concern for my well being. He did say good luck. :wacko:

If it's what I think it is (and the way you describe it), it's the bursa sac (bursitis) being inflamed. I got one on my right elbow about 10 months ago and then another on my left elbow about 3 months later. I had the right one drained 3x w/ a shot of cortisone each time (~$400/ treatment), then the Doc gave me an elbow pad to wear and it helped a lot. Haven't had the right one drained since and never had the left one drained, I just wear the elbow pads and it keeps the swelling down. The only diff. is mine don't hurt at all, but when swollen they look kinda funky. It could be infected if there is redness and pain. Picture...

The Doc said I could have surgery to remove the bursa sac, but it's not necessary.

I burst 3 bursa sacs in my knee in high school . . and was able to play football the next week with a LOT of ibprofen and constant icing all week.

was yours infected too RR? Mine was just a lot of extra fluid that I needed to ice until my body re-absorbed it . . no permanent paid/damage

Edited by bpwallace49

Sure seems like that's what it is. Looked at some pocs via google and man those are some nasty looking ones. I have no idea, however, what could have caused it. I've received about 15 phone calls in 20 minutes after posting this on Facebook lol. Going to the evil empire tomorrow...no offense Chargers :wacko:

None taken. It's a good idea to have a doc take a look at it. If it's a cyst or inflammation it can be easily drained without breaking your checkbook.

I burst 3 bursa sacs in my knee in high school . . and was able to play football the next week with a LOT of ibprofen and constant icing all week.

was yours infected too RR? Mine was just a lot of extra fluid that I needed to ice until my body re-absorbed it . . no permanent paid/damage

Not infected at all. Just looks funky.

Prolly too much time on the computer (elbows on table). :wacko:

No worries Brian. Not at all offended. I've never in my life asked for assistance for anything. No aid, unemployment, nothing. So it doesn't bother me when I have to do what I have to do for my health. I'll get my medical insurance in due time...it just takes awhile in my business. We are not privy to 401k, Dental, Medical and all the other stuff people seem to take for granted in the beginning. At least it wasn't a pointed jab with little concern for my well being. He did say good luck. :wacko:

Meant to put a wink at the end - was 99.9% tongue in cheek comment.

I have actually had something similar and checked with doc when I was in for a physical - does not sound like mine was as swollen as yours. Doc said probably tennis elbow - bought one of those bands and it has gotten better but still hurts like s sonofabitch when I bump it. I heard a lot of time on PC with excessive mouse use is a culprit.

Meant to put a wink at the end - was 99.9% tongue in cheek comment.

I have actually had something similar and checked with doc when I was in for a physical - does not sound like mine was as swollen as yours. Doc said probably tennis elbow - bought one of those bands and it has gotten better but still hurts like s sonofabitch when I bump it. I heard a lot of time on PC with excessive mouse use is a culprit.

Figured as much. Thats why I put a :wacko: on mine. Yeah mine kinda smarts if I smack it on a door pain or something. But just the sheer size of this animal is freaking me out.

I wonder if taz's knee pads can double as elbow pads :wacko: