[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grant out for the year

nimal

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just hoping that the guy in my league with the #1 waiver spot (I'm #2) isn't paying attention. I really need help at rb and Jackson would be perfect. I've never watched a game and wished to have the lowest weekly score until last night. Had SD's defense played better I would have Jackson for sure. Now for the waiting game.

Edited by dino88

Glowing quote in pre-season from McCarthy about Jackson: "Brandon Jackson to me is an every-down back ... He's a complete football player, and if we had to play all three downs with him, I wouldn't even blink."

Okay, now here's the reality of the situation:

Grant- 8 carries for 45 yards (5.6 per carry)

Jackson- 18 carries for 63 yards (3.5 per carry)

Yes, clearly no dropoff there... Plus they just signed Nance and Starks will be back at some point, and Kuhn should work the goal-line regardless. Smells like a RBBC to me.

That would be me. In a dynasty. I have Grant, Brady (and Moss for the trickle down effect), Sidney Rice, and Stafford...

Damn! Sorry man, that's brutal. I doubt you're relying on Stafford, but still.

seems like willie parker would be a better choice. b jackson still shouldnt be on any fantasy team unless your desperate

Any RB that has potential to start should be on fantasy teams especially in that offense ?

What do you play in 14 man rosters, 8 man leagues ?

Then maybe he would not be on a fantasy roster

I play in 12 man 20 roster spot leagues so sorry he is on everyone's roster already

I thought the note in The Huddle's update about the Packers maybe going after Samkon Gado made more sense than either Marshawn Lynch or FWP.

Who the hell is Starks?

Rookie out of UB currently on the PUP list. Has issues staying healthy and missed TC, so I can't imagine he contributes much if/when he comes back.

Okay, now here's the reality of the situation:

Grant- 8 carries for 45 yards (5.6 per carry)

Jackson- 18 carries for 63 yards (3.5 per carry)

Yes, clearly no dropoff there... Plus they just signed Nance and Starks will be back at some point, and Kuhn should work the goal-line regardless. Smells like a RBBC to me.

This.

Mike McCarthy can say whatever he wants in pre-season, because Ryan Grant is his starter. He can say Brandon Jackson is starter worthy all he wants, but he's shown nothing outside of pass protection to lead us to believe he can be anything on 1st and 2nd down. If he was starter worthy where was he two years ago when Grant was nursing a strained hammy? Oh yeah, he was sparing us to death.

While it sucks for Grant (and the Grant owners), who else was able to gobble up Jackson before other managers??

I was able to snag him in my 3 $$ leagues..

No waivers?

FWIW, he is already on a roster in all six of my leagues.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

lots of grant owner are still in denial i guess. jackson will be a great rb. i remember last year the same negative things were said about j charles and j harrison when they took over and they did great.

Nothing to do with denial. I want him to be successful, as it helps the packers offense which trumps fantasy football to me. He's just not good. I gave him the name of Dumpster Fire last year. He's great picking up the blitz though.

I am a Grant owner in dynasty league. There is a reason why I did not roster Brandon Jackson as a handcuff. Because he is not feature back material. I don't care what kind of crapola you have heard from the head coach, or from the people that grabbed him in their lame Yahoo league during game on Sunday. It just ain't happening. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

I am a Grant owner in dynasty league. There is a reason why I did not roster Brandon Jackson as a handcuff. Because he is not feature back material. I don't care what kind of crapola you have heard from the head coach, or from the people that grabbed him in their lame Yahoo league during game on Sunday. It just ain't happening. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

He has gotten better and is a decent pass receiver if he doesn't fumble but I think either someone else will appear later or they'll be more of a passing team.

It is interesting they didn't sign Willie Parker.

He has gotten better and is a decent pass receiver if he doesn't fumble but I think either someone else will appear later or they'll be more of a passing team.

I'm not saying he is a bad player, I just don't think he is capable of carrying the load. 3 games playing 3 downs as McCarthy eluded to will be the end of Brandon Jackson. They will probably bring in more bodies and try to cobble something together. I just don't want people going out there blowing their free agent bidding money in week 2 for Jackson, assuming he will be a suitable replacement for Grant. He might be for a couple of weeks but I have zero confidence that he is a season- long solution for the Packers or your fantasy team.