[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DAL vs MIN

Grits and Shins

I wasn't going to be the one who said that but there were two calls that told me the refs were Vikings fans today. Austins td and the throw away by farve and the call Jenkins for pi when the ball was 10 feet over his head. No matter Jenkins should not have touched the guy and life as a cowboy or fan is just that way. You still have to overcome and adapt. That said the cowboys can't let runbacks go for touchdown nor can they play stupid and expect to win. Whats up with our kicker anyway? I thought we kept him because of his kick offs now he can't kick deep or make fieldgoals. Unreal just shaking my head.

I thought both calls were somewhat arguable, but both (IMO) were penalties in the strict sense. Austin did push off before he made his cut, not much, but he did push, and it was in front of the official. As I saw it, Jenkins was holding Lewis on that call, which prevented him from turning and jumping. I don't think he would have caught the ball by any means, but that ball was nowhere near 10 feet over his head, It was a little over his head, and he was being prevented from turning to react to the ball. My opinion, only.

The refs being Vikings fans, in a game against the Cowboys? Okay... after the week that was Favre, after Moss comes over after supposedly being a malcontent again, and well, it's the Cowboys compared to the Vikings? I can argue that point eternally, I suppose.

All that being said, I think the fact the Cowboys committed so many penalties - which is about coaching and discipline - probably was the biggest factor in the game, and some of them were definitely penalties. They did it last week, too, and ongoing penalties are a big symptom of a team who no longer cares about their coaching. I think the team has tremendous talent, arguable lines, and poor coaching. I also think it entirely possible that they go on a run and get back in that division, if they can beat the teams in that division head to head.

This was a nice win for the Vikings, although I don't understand a lot of the offensive play calling. I don't get how a terrific pass catching tight end like Shiancoe can completely disappear from every game now. I don't understand why they seem resistant to calling more than one running play with Peterson, when he almost always gains positive yardage on first down when the defense expects it. But I love what they've done getting Moss, which has put Harvin back where he belongs, and he's been the best player on the field since - except for maybe Greenway and Winfield.

There's some rambling, drunken thoughts. Good win, now it's Packer week, and we are definitely taking this one game at a time.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All that being said, I think the fact the Cowboys committed so many penalties - which is about coaching and discipline - probably was the biggest factor in the game, and some of them were definitely penalties. They did it last week, too, and ongoing penalties are a big symptom of a team who no longer cares about their coaching. I think the team has tremendous talent, arguable lines, and poor coaching.

Amen. congrats on the win

I didn't think it was possible, but there may actually be a worse head coach than Childress in the NFL, and he was on the field yesterday in Minnesota.

I'm also not particularly happy with yesterday. Of course we needed the win, and I'll take it, but the offense looked terrible, we barely beat a struggling team at home that we smoked in the playoffs last year, a team that made tons of mistakes, we couldn't stop a 3rd and short to save our lives (except the brilliant call by Wade to pass after going 5 for 5 on the ground).

And as for anyone that thinks the OPI and DPI were bad calls, you gotta be kidding me. :wacko:

9 Members: HowboutthemCowboys, hustler3, gilthorp, MustOfBeenDrunk, Sunday Couch Potatoe, Pratts, Ground Chuck, i_am_the_swammi, magagnon

:tup:

:wacko:

We haven't played your Boys yet, so I'll have to refrain from piling on...but deep inside, you know I am enjoying this implosion, especially in light of the fact that the Eagles have been on an injury and QB carousel for 6 weeks, yet still lead the division at 4-2. The toughest part of our schedule still remains, but blowing out what was supposed to be a solid Falcons team was nonetheless impressive.

Long way to go.

I didn't think it was possible, but there may actually be a worse head coach than Childress in the NFL, and he was on the field yesterday in Minnesota.

I'm also not particularly happy with yesterday. Of course we needed the win, and I'll take it, but the offense looked terrible, we barely beat a struggling team at home that we smoked in the playoffs last year, a team that made tons of mistakes, we couldn't stop a 3rd and short to save our lives (except the brilliant call by Wade to pass after going 5 for 5 on the ground).

And as for anyone that thinks the OPI and DPI were bad calls, you gotta be kidding me. :tup:

Good call.

Its funny listening to many of the people around here(Minny) talking as though all is right again after that win. The Vikings are still a long way from being a contender playing like they are playing this season. People keep pointing to how much of a mess the NFC is as if that gives the Vikes an excuse to have pretty much chit the bed so far. This team fancies itself a Superbowl contender and should be holding itself to its own standards rather than going with the old "well, everyone else kinda sucks, too" philosophy. Instead of going with the underachiever's mantra of "no one is running away with it...we're still in it!" they should be kicking themselves that much harder for not taking advantage of a year where no NFC teams seem to want to distance themselves from the pack. Frustrating :wacko:

Edited by Delicious_bass

We haven't played your Boys yet, so I'll have to refrain from piling on...but deep inside, you know I am enjoying this implosion, especially in light of the fact that the Eagles have been on an injury and QB carousel for 6 weeks, yet still lead the division at 4-2. The toughest part of our schedule still remains, but blowing out what was supposed to be a solid Falcons team was nonetheless impressive.

Long way to go.

As much as Reid has some documented flubs in the playoffs you cant deny he runs a tight ship and has a disciplined football team. The pressure is off other NFC east teams as Dallas was once again improperly annointed . I would enjoy the implosion too if I were you. Its a friggin trainwreck :tup:

Long way to go.

Not to hijack, but, congrats on the win...