[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Its time...

alexgaddis

I want to thank Brett Favre for a magical season last year and getting the Vikings within ONE PLAY of the Super Bowl...

but the time has come to make a change...

He no longer has the magic...he no longer has the skill...I sit back and wait for the next INT...

It's time for the Vikes to give TJack a try this year...

...and yes I am serious

I want to thank Brett Favre for a magical season last year and getting the Vikings within ONE PLAY of the Super Bowl...

He no longer has the magic...he no longer has the skill...I sit back and wait for the next INT...

...and yes I am serious

Childress doesnt have enough hair on his tiny nuts to bench him and Favre is way too much of an egomaniac to sit himself. Unless that ankle is broken, Favre will be in

Childress doesnt have enough hair on his tiny nuts to bench him and Favre is way too much of an egomaniac to sit himself. Unless that ankle is broken, Favre will be in

Agree.

Just watched Chilly's post game newser. He threw Favre under the bus big time. :wacko::tup:

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Sorry bro, but this team will sink or swim with Favre on the field. Best case scenario is they convince Favre to rest his ankle and elbow for one week (I can't see Favre voluntarily ending his streak, so fat chance this happens). If they bench Favre for a week just to see what Jackson can do, and Jackson plays well enough to warrant a full time promotion, do you think Favre would stick around or simply retire midseason?

...and yes I am serious

He can waive the training staff off ....no chance man...

Sorry bro, but this team will sink or swim with Favre on the field. Best case scenario is they convince Favre to rest his ankle and elbow for one week (I can't see Favre voluntarily ending his streak, so fat chance this happens). If they bench Favre for a week just to see what Jackson can do, and Jackson plays well enough to warrant a full time promotion, do you think Favre would stick around or simply retire midseason?

You're right. They were kicking this bench Favre stuff around on ESPN's post game. They think Favre needs to be benched, but they don't think Chilly or the Vikings have the guts to do it. Who wants to be the guy who benches a future Hall of Famer and snaps his iron man starting streak?

Unless Favre gets seriously hurt, the Vikings are married to Favre as their starter for this season.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

I think as soon as he knows he cant/wont be starting, he'll retire. He's not going to play second fiddle to TJack

You're right. They were kicking this bench Favre stuff around on ESPN's post game. They think Favre needs to be benched, but they don't think Chilly or the Vikings have the guts to do it. Who wants to be the guy who benches a future Hall of Famer and snaps his iron man starting streak?

Unless Favre gets seriously hurt, the Vikings are married to Favre as their starter for this season.

Yup.

And that is part of the price they paid when they made the deal with the devil. They cant bench him or he'll head south and call it. He wont bench himself because that's just not how he rolls. He'll play as long as he feels like it and as long as his body will let him.

Tarvaris Jackson has never shown the ability to play consistently well nor to stay healthy when given starter's playing time. Behind him is Joe Webb. Even as bad as it looks with Favre as the starter now, they're not going to make the move and look like they're throwing in the towel on this season.

Childress cannot even call a simple challenge to overturn an obvious bobbled TD catch, what makes you think he'll do the right thing and sit down Favre?

Chilly needs a McNabb type moment, where he can bench him at the half, watch Tavaris do nothing, and announce after the game that 'favre is our QB but we cannot afford turning the ball over'. McNabb took his benching and led the Eagles to the NFC Champioship game, but Chilly won't do it. The games are too close and his comments after the game won't help the situation.

Yup.

And that is part of the price they paid when they made the deal with the devil. They cant bench him or he'll head south and call it. He wont bench himself because that's just not how he rolls. He'll play as long as he feels like it and as long as his body will let him.

Tarvaris Jackson has never shown the ability to play consistently well nor to stay healthy when given starter's playing time. Behind him is Joe Webb. Even as bad as it looks with Favre as the starter now, they're not going to make the move and look like they're throwing in the towel on this season.

And I don't understand why they traded Sage Rosenfels. Rosenfels is not great but he has to be better than TJax. :wacko:

I dont think you're giving Jackson enough credit... Was he not the quarterback when they won the division a year before Favre?

Yeah, but the team won more in spite of him than because of him. Good Def and the running game carried them more than anything Jackson did...

Now, I'll admit Jackson is likely better now than he was then. He's had more time in the system and had the opportunity to watch an experienced qb run that offense. That said, Jackson will never be a consistently good QB, IMO. He is a good athlete and all that, but he just doesnt process the game fast enough to be consisently good at the NFL level.

Yeah, but the team won more in spite of him than because of him. Good Def and the running game carried them more than anything Jackson did...

Now, I'll admit Jackson is likely better now than he was then. He's had more time in the system and had the opportunity to watch an experienced qb run that offense. That said, Jackson will never be a consistently good QB, IMO. He is a good athlete and all that, but he just doesnt process the game fast enough to be consisently good at the NFL level.

Wow! Great stuff! Do you report for KFAN?!?! Call the fan line?!

:tup:

:wacko::tup:

Call me crazy here... But would a non gun-slinging quarterback who has his limits force the Vikes to be a run 1st offense more so than they are now? The Vikings roster is good enough that they don't need a risk taker at Quarterback. They need someone to not screw up and or turn the ball over.

Call me crazy here... But would a non gun-slinging quarterback who has his limits force the Vikes to be a run 1st offense more so than they are now? The Vikings roster is good enough that they don't need a risk taker at Quarterback. They need someone to not screw up and or turn the ball over.

PoN has never seen the "jump basketball" INT against the Iggles...

puts the lotion in the basket?

Sorry man that's a little harsh but...I'm so torn that anything would be an improvement over peg leg and his sexting arm right now....

The Vikings tried this recipe and it got them a home loss in the playoffs. I'd rather take a 50/50 shot with Favre (50 percent shot at a great play, 50 percent it goes the other way) as opposed to knowing I have no shot with a quarterback whose lips move when he tries to read a defense. Has it been that long since TJax took a meaningful snap that people have forgotten what he really is? And sitting on the bench for two seasons has made him a better QB?

The Vikes made their bed, now they have to lie in it—good or bad. And if it leads to a new coach and a higher draft pick (does Oliver Luck's kid come out this year?), then so be it.

2V

The Vikings tried this recipe and it got them a home loss in the playoffs. I'd rather take a 50/50 shot with Favre (50 percent shot at a great play, 50 percent it goes the other way) as opposed to knowing I have no shot with a quarterback whose lips move when he tries to read a defense. Has it been that long since TJax took a meaningful snap that people have forgotten what he really is? And sitting on the bench for two seasons has made him a better QB?

The Vikes made their bed, now they have to lie in it—good or bad. And if it leads to a new coach and a higher draft pick (does Oliver Luck's kid come out this year?), then so be it.

2V

+1

2V

This

...and yes I am serious

As a Bear fan I'll trade you Cutler for Favre and/or Tavaris.