[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More bad economic news

The Irish Doggy

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone in our organization will be getting a 20-30% pay cut on January 1st as a direct result of Obamacare. There is a high likelihood that several will lose their jobs, though we are trying to avoid that. I more than likely will not take a salary next year in order to minimize our losses, in an attempt to reduce the affect of our losses will have on our bonding rates. Still living off my savings/investments will reduce my net worth which will reduce my overall bonding capacity.

yeah, but you're one of those evil, greedy, rich bastards the left keeps talking about. Serves you right for being successful. Maybe next time you'll know better and live off the gubment teet like everyone else.

Everyone in our organization will be getting a 20-30% pay cut on January 1st as a direct result of Obamacare. There is a high likelihood that several will lose their jobs, though we are trying to avoid that. I more than likely will not take a salary next year in order to minimize our losses, in an attempt to reduce the affect of our losses will have on our bonding rates. Still living off my savings/investments will reduce my net worth which will reduce my overall bonding capacity.

You should probably go work for grocery store down the street.

I'll go ahead and call a bunch of self absorbed BS here. Sounds like your company needs new leadership.

Yeah - it is totally clear that no other businesses are struggling to keep their doors open in these excellent ecomonic times - especially construction businesses.

Yeah - it is totally clear that no other businesses are struggling to keep their doors open in these excellent ecomonic times - especially construction businesses.

I know how tough construction is right now but Perch ascribed a 25% to 30% pay cut to Obamacare. I am more than somewhat puzzled over that.

Yes, they should all shut their doors.

Only the strong will survive, right?

Yes, the strongest do survive - sometimes by cutting off an arm trapped under a rock - kinda like Perch is talking about.

Are you seriously taking glee in hearing Perch will be laying people off and struggling in his business? :wacko:

Yes, the strongest do survive - sometimes by cutting off an arm trapped under a rock - kinda like Perch is talking about.

Are you seriously taking glee in hearing Perch will be laying people off and struggling in his business? :wacko:

Absolutely not.

As you said the strongest do survive, perhaps he is not the strongest. ::tup::

Give it a break. I've been on company's HC team long before Obamacare came into place. What Perch said was absolute self serving crap or a reflection of piss poor management.

No, of course not, but I haven't heard any reports of Obamacare forcing pay reductions on that scale.

I know how tough construction is right now but Perch ascribed a 25% to 30% pay cut to Obamacare. I am more than somewhat puzzled over that.

Part of it is increased premiums. Most of it is the three projects with doctor owned hospitals that we were involved with that got canned as a result of Obamacare. The pay cuts are a way of trying to keep as many people employed as we can rather than laying a bunch of people off. Additionally as a result of the spending spree in DC, all spending is now toxic, so local bond issues that looked like sure things 18 months ago when they were planned are now not likely to pass.

Same here in this part of the country, the world is going to end rhetoric is coming home to roost.

There is some truth in that. What many people fail to realize is there is a big difference between the federal government and local governments. There is a local bond issue that really needs to pass due to school overcrowding and it actually keeps the tax rate the same, but it will more than likely fail because of how toxic any kind of spending is now. That stimulus is really working.

Give it a break. I've been on company's HC team long before Obamacare came into place. What Perch said was absolute self serving crap or a reflection of piss poor management.

If you actually were interested in having adult conversation instead of typing Have to agree here whenever someone with views contrary to yours posts something, you might know I've explained the affects Obamacare has had on hospital construction on at least three different occasions. But, hey you got your insult in on me, so that probably makes you looking foolish worthwhile in your eyes.

If you actually were interested in having adult conversation instead of typing Have to agree here whenever someone with views contrary to yours posts something, you might know I've explained the affects Obamacare has had on hospital construction on at least three different occasions. But, hey you got your insult in on me, so that probably makes you looking foolish worthwhile in your eyes.

Yea, because you really like to converse instead of repeating talking points. Are you trying to fool yerself now?

Make enough noise about the world ending and enough people believe it.

Yep it is all rhetoric, it couldn't have anything to do with record federal deficits. I actually agree with you that the rhetoric has a lot to do with it, but there is a definite reason for the rhetoric. The issue is people are having a hard time separating the federal government from state, county, and local governments.

Yea, because you really like to converse instead of repeating talking points. Are you trying to fool yerself now?

Well now do I just spout out talking points? Or is everything I say anecdotal, unique to me? It can't be both. Make up your mind. Seriously, do you know how to argue a point? I'll tell you what, I'm not going to waste anymore time responding to your attacks and insults. If you want to have a debate on the issues, I'll gladly engage you, but if this and Have to agree here is all you got, I'm not going to waste anymore time on you.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Perch . . . the conflict of interest thing for doctors is one of the things I DO agree with . . as a check and balance on the objectivity of doctors. There are cases to be made for the opposition as well . . no argumnet there.

But with everyone theoretically being covered now, shouldnt the expansion of ALL hospitals be on the table? or do you only specialize in doctor owned facilities? And if you do, is that wise tout all your eggs in one basket? :wacko:

I can understand your very personal hatred for Obama, as it has directly affected your business.

But if you think that local gubmnet spending across the board WASNT affected by the last admin . . . you are smoking crack. Either texas os the cradle of all fiscal spending, so a new bond for schools shouldnt be a big deal, or Texas ISNT in the best shape and the ultra-independent Texans are now scaaaaared of Washington all of a sudden. ya cant have it both ways.

Well now do I just spout out talking points?

Yer online persona a joke. And now I realize you've fooled me into thinking you were being incredibly uninformed yet sincere. I'm the joke in the whole scenario. You are the best fisherman in the history of the huddle.

Edited by bushwacked

What I find interesting is the legislation aimed at banning doc owned hospitals is basically aimed at saving money by lowering medicare reimbursements. Typically Perch would be all over the Fed Gov to stop spending so much money and applaud such a move. But when it affects him personally, well...

:wacko:

Perch . . . the conflict of interest thing for doctors is one of the things I DO agree with . . as a check and balance on the objectivity of doctors. There are cases to be made for the opposition as well . . no argumnet there.

But with everyone theoretically being covered now, shouldnt the expansion of ALL hospitals be on the table? or do you only specialize in doctor owned facilities? And if you do, is that wise tout all your eggs in one basket? :wacko:

I can understand your very personal hatred for Obama, as it has directly affected your business.

But if you think that local gubmnet spending across the board WASNT affected by the last admin . . . you are smoking crack. Either texas os the cradle of all fiscal spending, so a new bond for schools shouldnt be a big deal, or Texas ISNT in the best shape and the ultra-independent Texans are now scaaaaared of Washington all of a sudden. ya cant have it both ways.

We actually do more work for your more traditional hospitals, than we do for doctor owned hospitals, but many of them put projects on hold while they try to sort out how Obamacare is going to affect them and their reimbursements. I know of one $50MM project that has been delayed for 18 months due to Obamacare. Just in the last month they started drawing again.

With regard to Texas, we are in a lot better shape than most, still the drilling moratorium as well as just the economy in general is starting to take it's toll.