[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

COD - Black Ops

Scooby's Hubby

It's running ok now after the first patch.The zombie mode IS fun,but the graphics are definitely a step back.It looks similar to Cod4.You can tell it's a port,you can't even use your mouse on the drop down menus.There's supposed to be a bigger patch coming out,so right now my rating is 3 out of 5 stars.

Black Ops PC lag fix...

1. Open the game up as normal and have your settings as you wish (don't set them low to stop the lag it wont work)

2. Once game is running Alt+Tab out and open task manager (or just Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get it up from in game)

3. In task manager you will need to click the processes tab and find Black ops on there, right click this and set the process priority to high (DO NOT USE REAL TIME IT WILL CRASH!)

4. While in the process tab also find steam and right click it setting the process priority to low.

5. Alt+Tab back into your game or click it from start bar and give it a minute or two to sort itself out.

The PC version sucks,plain and simple.Despite simpler graphics,the frame rates are worse.I haven't been able to connect to play online...ONCE.Did some searching,and found there are many in the same boat.PS3 and Xbox are having similar issues it would seem.

I build my own systems,and have been playing online games for over 15 years,and if I'm having this many problems,what's happening with the average user?Do a search "Black Ops multiplayer connection problems".It's entertaining reading.

The better fix this FAST before word of mouth kills it after the initial surge.

No problems on the PS3 so far...games crap out every once in a while, but no worse the MW2 or CivRev (which set the bar for crappy servers).

Tried all of the quick fixes.None of them did anything to help that I could tell.The game's graphics are still two steps back,and I can't always connect when trying to play online,and when I can I get disconnected fairly regularly.I get killed by people that I can't see,but the killcam shows they're right in front of me.There's supposed to be a new patch coming out,possibly by the weekend.I hope it fixes the crappy netcode.Who knows,maybe it will even make more use of the video card.

I really like the customization of your weapons and that you earn money to buy attachments, etc. It took me a while to figure all this out. Still haven't beat an 11 killstreak. I love the new maps, Nuketown becoming my fav.

feel like getting obliterated by an 11-year old? My son wants to take you out. You on PS3?

feel like getting obliterated by an 11-year old? My son wants to take you out. You on PS3?

yeah, woolz73 I will play later tonight or late this afternoon or sporadically this weekend. If you see me on COD World at War Zombies that is really my 5 year old. Only I play the Black Ops, so that would be me.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby