[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seattle and Vancouver Suggestions

pork chop express

I have been there, but not for years upon years. my Sister is headed out to Seattle and then up to Vancouver with some of her friends and asked if I could give her some options. Other than Pioneer Sq and the Jimmy Hendrix Project Museum, I really don't have much to offer.

So with that being said, I come to you, oh wise Tailgate. These girls like to eat and drink well and are all pretty girly girls. Does anyone have any suggestions on restaurants and clubs for those two towns?

If bushwacked's wife is out of town, he may be willing to let them stay at his place, for a nominal fee of course :wacko:

Went there with my wife, but other than Pike;s Market and the underground tour, didn't have a ton of time, and as it was our anniversary and she is pregnant, the going out to clubs was not part of our plans. Wish I could help more, but the Underground Tour of Seattle was pretty cool for anyone that has not done it before.

PM Sent! :wacko:

after further discussing possible infidelities with my Sister, the going rate will run approximately 3 severed fingers from your first born, plus you personally must change your name to Xerxes Q. Rockefeller before she touches down in Seattle. If these terms are suitable, we will need confirmation in the form of legal documents and the actual digits....

btw, anyone have any suggestions for me yet?

Nightlife:

While in Seattle have her go fifteen minutes east to Bellevue and go to Lincoln Square. Ten real decent eateries within blocks of eachother including Daniel's, Magiano's. Z Tejas etc. Also a Luckey Strike with a great bar and a Parlor Live for comedy and billiards.

When in Vancover, if it was say your brother; I woukd say go to the Gas Town district. Since it's your sister, I would say go to the Gas Town district. Good nightclubs, good bands a bit wilder, but fun as any Huddlers sister can have. Walked into a bar and saw B.B. King there a few years back.

Daytime:

Voula's Off shore Cafe in Seattle for breakfast. Never a dissapointment. Northlake Tavern for the best pizza in town, hands down. Blake Island for a traditional salmon bake and Native American dance show is always good. Harbor tours, Argossy is te best IMO, are fun. Go twenty minutes east to Woodinville and do Redhooks Tour. Fun and delicous.

Whenever I go to Vancouver I usually end up going to Victoria for a couple of days. Awesome old world English charm. Empress Hotel for Brunch and Buchart Gardens are great. Again, Harbor Tours etc. F'n Awesome golf! Even better skiing this time of year at Whistler/Blackcomb

Edited by Hugh B Tool

Nightlife:

While in Seattle have her go fifteen minutes east to Bellevue and go to Lincoln Square. Ten real decent eateries within blocks of eachother including Daniel's, Magiano's. Z Tejas etc. Also a Luckey Strike with a great bar and a Parlor Live for comedy and billiards.

When in Vancover, if it was say your brother; I woukd say go to the Gas Town district. Since it's your sister, I would say go to the Gas Town district. Good nightclubs, good bands a bit wilder, but fun as any Huddlers sister can have. Walked into a bar and saw B.B. King there a few years back.

Daytime:

Voula's Off shore Cafe in Seattle for breakfast. Never a dissapointment. Northlake Tavern for the best pizza in town, hands down. Blake Island for a traditional salmon bake and Native American dance show is always good. Harbor tours, Argossy is te best IMO, are fun. Go twenty minutes east to Woodinville and do Redhooks Tour. Fun and delicous.

Whenever I go to Vancouver I usually end up going to Victoria for a couple of days. Awesome old world English charm. Empress Hotel for Brunch and Buchart Gardens are great. Again, Harbor Tours etc. F'n Awesome golf! Even better skiing this time of year at Whistler/Blackcomb

Good suggestion regarding Bellevue. Spent many evenings at the Parlor. They bring in some top comedians and the place has got a good vibe to it. Most nights the scenery is very appealing too. Kirkland is also a good place to spend a weekend evening.

Not a good time to be visiting. Had winds 50-60 MPH last night and only 2.5 inches of snow. I'm in the South Sound, so the temps are in the low teens. I-5 is a parking lot. But luckily, I'm "tele-commuting."

Edited by Riffraff

Here is Seattle:

See the 3 minute mark.

And actually after making fun of people on the west side of the mountains driving, I will say that the icy conditions tend to get much worse over here...mixed with people who don't know how to drive and don't have snow tires.

Edited by bushwacked