[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coaching mistake in Cincy / Buffalo game

Skilly

Epic collapse for the Bengals, but did anyone catch this scenario right before halftime?

Bengals have the ball at around the Bills 5 yard line. They have one timeout and only 5 seconds left. They are leading 28-14 at this time and are firmly in control. The only options for plays SHOULD have been a quick pass into the endzone, or a field goal attempt. What does Marvin Lewis call? A run into the middle of the line! Amazing. The runner is stopped short, time runs out, and the Bills are ecstatic about their goalline stand. But wait! Somehow, a magic timeout was called with one second left on the clock. They kick the field goal and go into halftime with a 17 point lead.

I have to throw the bulls**t flag on this one. No way in hell does the timeout get called in time, especially when the refs were waiting on the runner to stop his forward movement. That clock was at zero. Yes, they got their 3 points, but that was just dumb luck.

IMO, this was a terrible coaching call, and one that reinforces my belief that Lewis needs to go. Too bad Mike Brown is so content with the status quo.

Edited by Skilly

I completely agree w/ you... Complete nonsense on lewis' part and the officials. Glad to see it didn't impact the outcome of the game.

Looks like it impacted it to me

It pissed off the Bills :wacko:

Seemed like a real quick stoppage when he was still fighting for yards. I said it two years ago that Ed Hochuli is the worst official in the league. Certainly popularity vs quality ratio.

Perhaps even worse, earlier in the game Benson is stood up, still fighting, ball squirts out, Hochuli shorts hops the ball like a second baseman and blows the play dead. Now he's the reason the officials are now supposed have slow whistles and let plays "finish" and then if they have to, go to the booth. Because you can't unblow a whistle but you correct a non-fumble.

He is so overated and thinks he is bigger than the game because he works out. The worst! :wacko:

It's time to clean house.

+ a gazillion.

bratkowski is the guy who HAS to go AT A MINIMUM. we have been suffering with his offensive coordination for too long. chuck him along with carson and that would go a long way. we need to draft a QB ...

even with 7+ minutes left in the game and the bengals down by 2 scores, you would have thought we were trying to kill the clock.

i made the unfortunate mistake of going to the game and the word debacle does not even begin to describe it ...

i saw many of these ... :wacko:

i made the unfortunate mistake of going to the game and the word debacle does not even begin to describe it ..

Oh man, I watched the score ticker, and at one point it was like 28-3 or something, and I thought my Cincy pick was good. Then the score was 31-28 or so, then 42-31. Crazy.

Like that CHI-ARZ MNF game a few years ago, insane.

Not sure it was that big a coaching mistake, and honestly, I think the refs got it right.

There were five seconds on the clock. The play call was an up-the-middle run (which Lewis knew would either result in a TD or stop before 5 seconds could expire). His forward progress was stopped almost immediately, and the refs realized that and made the right call :wacko: