[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The more you watch

bushwacked

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's nice to see fox taken to task for its bias, particularly by paragons of objectivity like Mediamatters and the Nation.

Do you feel The Nation distorted the story in any way?

Fact: Fox and Friends dude went off a 3+ minute rant about "Congress" turning it's back on 9-11 responders.

Fact: In reality, it was exactly the GOP members plus one Democrat who did so. Not sure what the archaic procedure they were referring to that lead to the 1 Democrat vote, btw.

Fact: Fox and Friends dude failed to even touch upon this rather significant element of the story. Which is especially damning considering that the Democrats still technically control Congress. So, unless one bothers to actually explain that this was torpedoed because of and only because of the GOP, it's a reasonable assumption that this falls on the shoulders of the Democrats.

Listen, like I said, I'm not saying the GOP didn't have good reasons for halting the vote. Knowing the d-bags that run this country, maybe there was some really lame rider on the bill. Mind you, if there was, you'd think that would make a great story for Fox. "Democrats defile noble bill to help US heros with some crappy rider about welfare moms" or some such. Given what journalistic political gold that would be, one has to assume that it wasn't there or it would have certainly been reported. Regardless, they can't have it both ways. They can't bag on the Democrats 24/7 and then, the one time the GOP specifically stops them from doing something that, apparently they very much wanted to be done, that they just simply omit that little tidbit of fact from the story.

So, regardless of which lefty blog is reporting it, what is there to debate?

You making this argument is like when the dude with the bowtie was telling John Stewart that he needed to pick up his game in terms of holding guys like Kerry's feat to the fire.

They were simply telling the Dems to follow their own rules. Fund it. If you can't find a way to pay for it, then how can you pass it?

I think I've made it abundantly clear that I am not calling out the GOP for halting the vote. This is not about them. This is about Fox not reporting the whole story when the GOP does something they seemingly don't agree with. Because the guy on FOX sure didn't seem to care whether they could afford the bill, that's for sure.

A fraction of the amount of time you spend defending Fox News there right wing soldier.

Who's defending Fox? You post some FOX outrage every 3 minutes but yet MSNBC or any other Mainstream Media outlet NEVER pops up on your radar. People aren't so much defending FOX as they are combating your lefty irrationality. With you everyone has to agree with you 100% otherwise they are bigots, racists, homophobes, crazy, stupid or some other lefty "insult of the day".

Your constant frothing at the mouth about FOX and anything conservative has turned you into a joke on these forums. Congratulations.

They were simply telling the Dems to follow their own rules. Fund it. If you can't find a way to pay for it, then how can you pass it?

Just like the GOP admin under Dub funded everything they open checked during his eight glorious years?

Who's defending Fox? You post some FOX outrage every 3 minutes but yet MSNBC or any other Mainstream Media outlet NEVER pops up on your radar. People aren't so much defending FOX as they are combating your lefty irrationality. With you everyone has to agree with you 100% otherwise they are bigots, racists, homophobes, crazy, stupid or some other lefty "insult of the day".

Your constant frothing at the mouth about FOX and anything conservative has turned you into a joke on these forums. Congratulations.

Tosberg, when someone points out blatent misrepresenations that Fox News has done, that does not automatically mean an endorsement of MSNBC.

The topics at hand are about extremely poor editorializing and bastardization of news by use of omission in how Fox deliberately slants their coverage. MSNBC has nothing to do with it.

It is immensely difficult for you, being my victim.

ALL of us here at the Huddle are victims of your lefty BS posts. The real outrage is that somehow you still manage to get the rest of us suckers to respond to your daily venom.

Man, I'm such a sucker for responding.

I don't get this mainstream media thing. Fox has the top 10 cable "news" shows and that's not main stream. :wacko:

When I say MSM, I mean the 70,000 liberally slanted, clearly biased news networks (MSNBC, CNN, CBS, etc...) not the 1 that's slanted towards conservatives.

This is from the Huffington Post, so go right ahead and do your usual hootin' and hollerin' right now. Done? Good, let's move on.

The video (scroll down a little) shows Bill O'Reilly saying categorically to Sen Coburn that no-one at Fox had ever said not purchasing insurance would mean jail time, after Coburn had accused Fox of doing so. There are then at least 20 instances of exactly that - Fox saying people would be jailed for not having health insurance.

I fail to see how you guys defend this stuff.

Even, when it's clear as day, It's far easier to defend/deflect; to support a predisposed belief than admit you've been fooled and manipulated.

Remember Hannity prattling on about how big the anti-health care rally was and got caught red-handed using footage from a different rally:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-nove...protest-footage

There are many legitimate reasons why data shows Fox viewers are misinformed.

This is from the Huffington Post, so go right ahead and do your usual hootin' and hollerin' right now. Done? Good, let's move on.

The video (scroll down a little) shows Bill O'Reilly saying categorically to Sen Coburn that no-one at Fox had ever said not purchasing insurance would mean jail time, after Coburn had accused Fox of doing so. There are then at least 20 instances of exactly that - Fox saying people would be jailed for not having health insurance.

Well now you're changing the argument from an obviously biased and agenda-driven poll to a particular instance of someone caught lying. Then trying to lump it all together and say defend it. I'm not going to defend someone caught lying. Are you going to defend the joke of a poll that was published here?

It's really not worth arguing about. This type of "news" misinformation was created by Rush Limbaugh and has been proven effective time and again with the base.

You might as well be arguing against the existence of an all-knowing deity in the sky as try to change their minds about Fox news. And that parallel is drawn purposefully. The right will lock step on things they are told without checking facts so easily it is scary. And they will burn before denying their digital god.

Does this happen with the left? Sure. But not in anywhere NEAR the numbers and blind faith that Hannity and company hook people. And frankly, even I don't believe a lot of what the left-wing fire-breathers on MSNBC say, and I've become pretty far left as the years go by.

I will say I agree with Joe Scarborough far more than I agree with Oberman (I can hardly bear to watch him). ESPECIALLY on the trillion dollars of Chinese money it will take for the tax cut.

So apparently my leftward stance has become centrist as the far right and far left have pulled farther apart?

Finally! The lefts TRUE news source, the daily show! bravo!!! :wacko:

Getting actual news from the daily show? nope

Watching entertaining footage of the daily show catching Fox is blatent lies, misinformation and stupidity? Thanks to the rampant contradictions that Fox creats for itself, you can get this almost every day from the daily show. And it never gets old . . .:tup:

ALL of us here at the Huddle are victims of your lefty BS posts. The real outrage is that somehow you still manage to get the rest of us suckers to respond to your daily venom.

Man, I'm such a sucker for responding.

:wacko:

I got a chuckle out of this. How do you see yourself on this board Tos? Would you consider yourself:

A ) Open minded, with conservative leanings

B ) Firmly entrenched conservative, with little understanding of other political views

C ) As far right with a set agenda as you view bushwacked to be far left with his set agenda

:tup: