[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb BENCHED, Grossman to start

Grits and Shins

Nope, the contract was a sham. I touched on Rex/McNabb in this morning's column, I think Kyle convinced his Dad that Grossman can run this offense. We shall see.

Dallas' secondary is really bad, so he'll probably have some success and Kyle will be able to say, "See Daddy, I know what I'm talkin' 'bout!" Never mind that McNabb would have done even better had he started. GB Danny Snyder!!

It does make Andy Reid look even more like a smart talent exec to have someone like Shannahan bench the QB he scuttled just this past offseason, despite the ???s that he got from all sorts of people about the move.

Everyone sucking McNabb's sack, what's their record again?

He's a lazy out of shape wanna be pro who can't figure out the offense.

But the numbers don't lie. With a passer rating of 76.0, McNabb is 25th in the NFL, three slots - it has been noted in Washington - behind former Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell, who is now in Oakland. McNabb ranks 26th in completion percentage and is tied for 23d with seven touchdown passes. In the fourth quarter, his 64.4 passer rating is 27th, and his 62.8 passer rating on third down is 26th.

McNabb still has the big arm - he is tied for second with seven passes of 40 or more yards - but he has struggled this season on the short and intermediate passes. And Sports Illustrated's Peter King pointed out this week that with the ball in McNabb's hands in the final two minutes of a game this season, the Redskins have managed only a field goal. Once, McNabb threw an interception and twice Washington failed to get a first down.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/2010...l#ixzz18OWRtMiS

Numbers don't lie.

Edited by redrumjuice

Any thoughts on what this does to Torain's value? I've got him in at my flex, but now not so sure. Dallas prob puts 8 in the box and dares grossman to beat em..

I think it hurts him, IMHO. They don't fear Grossman but have reservations about Torain. They can stack the line and play zone coverage and force Shanahan to throw the ball to even stay in the game.

IMO, this is really bad new for Torain owners. Same holds true with Charles owners. If Cassel doesn't play, Charles won't have as good of a game. Granted, Charles is a much more deverse player than Torain.

:wacko:

they have given up 30+ points in back-to-back games. Not sure, even give Grossman, I'd want to play them as my fantasy defense.

Do you put Brees/NO, Manning/IND, and Vick/PHI in the same boat as Grossman/WAS though?

I think Dallas DST could be a decent plug in this week for sure. Maybe something similar to the Detroit game back in November.

In that game Dallas had 2 turnovers, 3 sacks, 19 points against and a special teams TD. I could see that with a shot at a pick 6 instead of the punt return TD.

Edited by myhousekey

There are two things I know for sure about the 'Skins.....

1. McNabb is not the answer.

2. Shanny was never the answer.

Until Snyder is out of the picture after hiring an actual GM and Coach I will continue to expect the 'Skins to be a mediocre team. Which really, really, sucks! :wacko:

Through good decades and bad decades the 'Skins are my team. But dang...I have really learned to detest Snyder.

There are two things I know for sure about the 'Skins.....

1. Dez Bryant is not the answer.

2. Phillips was never the answer.

Until Jerry Jones is out of the picture after hiring an actual GM and Coach I will continue to expect the Cowboys to be a mediocre team. Which really, really, sucks! :wacko:

Through good decades and bad decades the Cowboys are my team. But dang...I have really learned to detest Jerry Jones.

Replace a few select words and .... well you get my point