[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Exact Kick-Off times controversy

maddux

I called my commish @ 7:24 central time, approx 6 minutes befor kickoff off the SF vs SD game and started VJax. The commish was away from the computer but verified the call time. Others are now upset because the tv time showed 7:20 start but kickoff was not till 730 or so. Any way to get exact kickoof time as proof? Thanks in advanced for help?

Do you call your lineup in every week? If so, then there would seem to be a bit more defense to it.

If you use a website that would've locked everyone else out at 7:20 but you happened to be away from the computer, then I see no reason a last minute phone call should override the system everyone else plays by.

For some reason, the TNF game at PHI had the start correctly listed as 8:30 ET http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/g...xans_101202.pdf, but the same source listed the start time for this game as 5:20 PST, though it really started at 5:30 PST. http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/5...SD_Gamebook.pdf :wacko:

Edited by Big John

Do you call your lineup in every week? If so, then there would seem to be a bit more defense to it.

If you use a website that would've locked everyone else out at 7:20 but you happened to be away from the computer, then I see no reason a last minute phone call should override the system everyone else plays by.

In the past plenty of members have called in changes prior to kick-off only to see the changes made later in the evening when the commish arrived home. The rub here is that the kick-off was showing 7:20 when it did not start till at least 7:30. All I need is proof of actual kick-off time for him to count.

In the past plenty of members have called in changes prior to kick-off only to see the changes made later in the evening when the commish arrived home. The rub here is that the kick-off was showing 7:20 when it did not start till at least 7:30. All I need is proof of actual kick-off time for him to count.

Prior to kick-off and after your deadline? Probably not right? If you use CBS it's 5 minutes before kick-off. MFL it's 1:00pm or "kick-off". Others I don't know.

You can make changes after the deadline but before kick-off. So if the ball of one game blows of the T or a fan runs on the fiield or whatever, that game you could make legal changes? Seems like that's why there's a deadline.

Whatever, you aren't looking for opinions just info. Good luck.

I called my commish @ 7:24 central time, approx 6 minutes befor kickoff off the SF vs SD game and started VJax. The commish was away from the computer but verified the call time. Others are now upset because the tv time showed 7:20 start but kickoff was not till 730 or so. Any way to get exact kickoof time as proof? Thanks in advanced for help?

Curious.... When does you league lock players and did the commish override the lock?

I can say with certainty the Thursday game didn't start until past 7:30. I spent 10 bored minutes watching the Thursday night buffoons mugging at each other and a stream of commercials as well as the players being introduced when I switched on at 7:20.

This was definitely intended to be a 7:30 game even though I am pretty sure every other game this year has had a 7:20 scheduled start. That said, no evening game ever kicks off on time because TV is too focused on ramming yet more commercials down our throats.

I can say with certainty the Thursday game didn't start until past 7:30. I spent 10 bored minutes watching the Thursday night buffoons mugging at each other and a stream of commercials as well as the players being introduced when I switched on at 7:20.

This was definitely intended to be a 7:30 game even though I am pretty sure every other game this year has had a 7:20 scheduled start. That said, no evening game ever kicks off on time because TV is too focused on ramming yet more commercials down our throats.

this.....

Did V jax score the 3 td's between 7:20 and 7:23 ??

i mean if you got the call in at 7;24 , that should be good enough for everyone in the league i would hope ... especially since its becoming even clearer that kick off was not before 7:30 anyway

Edited by isleseeya

i mean if you got the call in at 7;24 , that should be good enough for everyone in the league i would hope ... especially since its becoming even clearer that kick off was not before 7:30 anyway

:wacko:

So since the league website locks lineups at 7:20 (official NFL kickoff), this guy should be allowed to make a change at 7:24 because he called the commish and verbally made a change juts before the ball is booted?

I'd have a problem with that if I was a leaguemate that made my decisions and lineup adjustments in the league-mandated timeframe :tup:

So since the league website locks lineups at 7:20 (official NFL kickoff), this guy should be allowed to make a change at 7:24 because he called the commish and verbally made a change juts before the ball is booted?

I'd have a problem with that if I was a leaguemate that made my decisions and lineup adjustments in the league-mandated timeframe :tup:

+1 unless some unexpected circumstances avoided someone from being able to make the change..

I could see if someone had to work late and realized oh football tonight and called the commish to change his line up for him. However bending the rules for one person isn't fair.

Edited by osu1322

I could see if someone had to work late and realized oh football tonight and called the commish to change his line up for him. However bending the rules for one person isn't fair.

Especially if there is Ryan Torain-type injury from a few weeks ago when he was declared active, got hurt during warm-ups, and held out at the last minute.

Somebody calling the commish after lineups lock to make a change when others felt they wouldn't be allowed to do so would cause a huge controversy in any legitimate league.

I think Swammi is right. By far the best and most fair way to do things is to abide by the system lock for everyone, regardless of actual kickoff time. There was a game earlier this year that was delayed for an hour, IIRC, because of lightning. Pretty sure players locked at the scheduled kickoff time.