[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Love me some guns!

bpwallace49

So I was at an NRA dinner that I have gone to with my brother, uncles, dad and my father in law for the last 10 years or so last night in Wisconsin. This is always a fun event wher they have a lot of support for CCW legislation, support conservation efforts and hunter concerns, and have local politicans that support gun owner rights speak. Our table has had extraordinary luck with the gun raffles on the gun boards. Last year my brother won a Benelli Shotgun, the year before my father in law won TWO guns , one a nice 30-06 rifle and a crappy Chinese shotgun. (The way the boards work is they ahve 5 guns, and the first ticket gets first choice, and so on and so forth.)

While everyone was throwing tickets into the CCW barrel for the laser scoped automatic handguns, I threw some money at the "cowboy board" that had some great revolvers and some small rifles.

I won the second choice off the board :wacko: and got this 357 Magnum Smith and Wesson revolver.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/sto...playErrorView_Y

This is a stock picture, as I cannot pick up the gun from the gun store after they run the ol background check first, but it sure was a nice early Christmas present!

So I was at an NRA dinner that I have gone to with my brother, uncles, dad and my father in law for the last 10 years or so last night in Wisconsin. This is always a fun event wher they have a lot of support for CCW legislation, support conservation efforts and hunter concerns, and have local politicans that support gun owner rights speak. Our table has had extraordinary luck with the gun raffles on the gun boards. Last year my brother won a Benelli Shotgun, the year before my father in law won TWO guns , one a nice 30-06 rifle and a crappy Chinese shotgun. (The way the boards work is they ahve 5 guns, and the first ticket gets first choice, and so on and so forth.)

While everyone was throwing tickets into the CCW barrel for the laser scoped automatic handguns, I threw some money at the "cowboy board" that had some great revolvers and some small rifles.

I won the second choice off the board :wacko: and got this 357 Magnum Smith and Wesson revolver.

This is a stock picture, as I cannot pick up the gun from the gun store after they run the ol background check first, but it sure was a nice early Christmas present!

Keep yer finger off the trigger while in the car!!!

Sweet! I'd probably look to trade it in on a nice 1911 if I were to win that, either that or trade it for a real hunting pistol.

Agreed. I doubt I will keep it long term, but it was the best gun on the board at the time. A monster Colt 45 long barrel was the first gun off the board .

Congratulations on your win. That's totally awesome.

I do have a questions, though: What's a committed lefty like yourself doing with guns? Aren't you part of the ideological group that's trying to ban them?

But, really, congratulations on your win. I'm not trying to rain on your parade.

I do have a questions, though: What's a committed lefty like yourself doing with guns? Aren't you part of the ideological group that's trying to ban them?

But, really, congratulations on your win. I'm not trying to rain on your parade.

:wacko: Ignorance is bliss . . . . I am far from a "lefty" or any organised political party.

is this kinda like anything that isnt Fox news is automatically "lefty"? :tup: So if I am not tosberg, then I am automatically a lefty?

:tup: Ignorance is bliss . . . . I am far from a "lefty" or any organised political party.

is this kinda like anything that isnt Fox news is automatically "lefty"? :tup: So if I am not tosberg, then I am automatically a lefty?

Well, I guess if you're NOT tosberg then you're not so much lefty as you are a less advanced form of life. :wacko:

FYI: I DON'T watch Fox News very much at all. If I do watch it it's only because I'm channel surfing and I stopped on it for a minute. Same thing I do for MSNBC, CNN, etc... One of the main reasons I usually stop on Fox is because they have some of the hottest female show hosts around. No other network even comes close.

Sweet! I'd probably look to trade it in on a nice 1911 if I were to win that, either that or trade it for a real hunting pistol.

When I was a Military Police Officer, the Colt 1911 was our standard sidearm. Right before I got out, they switched to the glock. Bad choice in my opinion. The stopping power of the 1911 is unparalleled.

guess how many guns i own... u are toolish

Edited by Yukon Cornelius

When I was a Military Police Officer, the Colt 1911 was our standard sidearm. Right before I got out, they switched to the glock. Bad choice in my opinion. The stopping power of the 1911 is unparalleled.

Glock has 3 models chambered in .45 ACP.

you don't have the mentality of a 12-year old.

And you're supposed to stay away from them and register with your State as well. You're not really supposed to have access to computers either.

If you ever move out of your moms basement be sure to notify the State so they can update your information.

Glock has 3 models chambered in .45 ACP.

Have you shot one of them? Those light weight plastic guns kick like a mule compared to nice substantial 1911. Don't get me wrong Glock makes a good plastic gun as does Springfield (the XD which I prefer over the Glock), but I still prefer the 1911. For the longest time the military would not use the Glocks because of they didn't trust the trigger safeties on them. The only models currently being bought by the government are the G17, G22, and G31, which are 9mm, .40 S&W, and .357SIG respectively.

Actually the 40 S&W has more stopping power than a .45 ACP, unless you are shooting .45 ACP +P. Most of the newer 1911 will handle the .45 ACP +P but many of the older ones will not. Stopping power based on kinetic energy.

ETA: I was mistaken a 200gr JHP in .45 ACP does outperform a 40 S&W.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Have you shot one of them? Those light weight plastic guns kick like a mule compared to nice substantial 1911. Don't get me wrong Glock makes a good plastic gun as does Springfield (the XD which I prefer over the Glock), but I still prefer the 1911. For the longest time the military would not use the Glocks because of they didn't trust the trigger safeties on them. The only models currently being bought by the government are the G17, G22, and G31, which are 9mm, .40 S&W, and .357SIG respectively.

I own the full size model (21). You're right, it doesn't compare to a decent full size 1911 with respect to recoil, although I don't find the recoil of the 21 to be that significant. (Large frame plus the relatively light recoil of a .45 as compared to, say, the .40 S&W.)

A decent 1911 is more accurate, but as a "fighting" pistol, I like the 21. The 21 offers 13 +1 230gr Hydra-Shoks (plus 26 more in 2 magazines in the shoulder rig.) Serious firepower for all of those shootouts with local gangmembers that we all seem to get in.

My little brother loves his Glock 17, I think he had one issued to him about a year ago. I'll get to shoot it over the weekend and let you know what I think. I've been thinking about replacing the old Sig for a while.

That's a sweet revolver bp. A nice start to x-mas for sure.

My little brother loves his Glock 17, I think he had one issued to him about a year ago. I'll get to shoot it over the weekend and let you know what I think. I've been thinking about replacing the old Sig for a while.

Tsk tsk. If you own a gun, how will you ever fit the Tosberg stereotype?