[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just informed that my son is changing his name

tazinib1

Hmmmm..not to sure what to think about this. Joseph is my first child from my first wife. My ex named our son Joseph and I got to choose his middle name: Ryan. I was just informed today that he has been going by Ryan at college for over a year now...hell his g/f didn't even know his real name was Joseph until 3 months into there relationship :wacko:. The reason he gave me is that he hates the name Joseph. Note that his mother has not contacted him in over 3 years so he really does not like anything associated with her. Now I'm not sure this is the real reason, but it could be. He will, of course, always be Joseph to me but the fact that he is taking the name I gave him is kinda cool. What would your reaction be?

I didn't really have too much of a choice when it came to the names of my kids. I had to 'settle' for their first names though I do like them but the middle names for both are named after her brother who died after childbirth. If any of my kids wanted to change their names I don't think I would be able to call them by their new names. My kids names are their names in my mind. However, I wouldn't be upset with them unless it was their last name.