[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre

Ed Hoyle

For those questioning Favre's compassion and/or love of the game watch the video. Not many stars would have done this.

The guy has made some horribly dumb choices and mistakes. But, you can't question his desire and say he's selfish after watching this.

My heart goes out to this family.

I'd be more prone to believe he had a heart if he'd sexted a picture of it to some semi-hot sideline babe.

Wow.

You are more of a dumb ass than I thought you were.

As for it being a PR move....that's even more ignorant if you think it.

It just proves the old saying...."Stupidity can be cured, but IGNORANCE is forever."

Edited by Ed Hoyle

Wow.

It just proves the old saying...."Stupidity can be cured, but IGNORANCE is forever."

Is this the first time you have even seen a pro athlete visit sick children? This happens all of the time, especially this time of the year. Like I said, it is still a nice moment and kudos to the athletes who take their time to spend it this way. Ellis Hobbs of the Eagles recently took children out to the toy store and bought toys for them for Christmas. There were no cameras. The only reason it became public knowledge is because the mother notified the Philadelphia Daily News.

Is this the first time you have even seen a pro athlete visit sick children? This happens all of the time, especially this time of the year. Like I said, it is still a nice moment and kudos to the athletes who take their time to spend it this way. Ellis Hobbs of the Eagles recently took children out to the toy store and bought toys for them for Christmas. There were no cameras. The only reason it became public knowledge is because the mother notified the Philadelphia Daily News.

No it's not the first time an athlete has down this. I'm just commenting on the ignorant posts about it being PR or a dumb reference to the txts.

I think the stars doing this for families in need should to be recognized for the good deeds rather than all the negative publicity that is seen all the time. That goes for athletes, actors, or the regular guy or gal working in the food kitchen or shelters.

Unless you have lost a child to a disease, which I haven't, you'll never know what an impact such a gesture can make at a difficult time. I've had cancer, and have lost students to cancer...so I do know to an extent the feelings that this family is dealing with.

At face value take it for what it is....a fan gets a wish granted at a time of need.

Wow.

You know what I saw? Buncha camera's. Dude is a media wh0re plain and simple.

You know the old saying, "ed is dumb and naive".

Wow.

Some guy like Donald Driver does this and I truly believe he did not want cameras. With the crap Favre has pulled I don't believe for one second that the media attention did not creep into his mind - would he have still done it - yes but Favre is a media whore and he knew it would go public. He is not stupid.

Your love for him insane.

Go away Favre and take Ed with you.

:wacko:

Perhaps the dumbest post of the holiday season.

With everything thats gone on with Favre this season and over his career...you really think he needs the PR? Please enlighten us....or wait...don't.

Wow. He's done more to tarnish his legacy it the waning years of his career, in the skeeviest of ways no less, than anyone in recent memory.

If you don't think he believes he might need a little positive PR, then I'll disagree with you. Strongly.

Doubting his motivation is perfectly legit: you simply can't ingore his sexting to a younger version of his wife, nearly young enough to be his daughter, while she recovers from BC is somethign he did 100% himself and he now owns.

Wow. He's done more to tarnish his legacy it the waning years of his career, in the skeeviest of ways no less, than anyone in recent memory.

I don't know how anyone could possibly argue this opinion.

Much like TO, a rational person can separate the simple fact that these guys are two of the greatest to have ever played their position in the history of the league and still recognize them for the team killers, attention whores, and clowns they have become as their careers have worn on. And now we can add disturbed perv to Brett's legacy.

Edited by Bronco Billy