[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

True Grit

fingfootball

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides, Doc Holliday is the greatness to that movie.

Val Kilmer should have won an Oscar for his portrayal. He is absolutely brilliant in that movie.

Val Kilmer should have won an Oscar for his portrayal. He is absolutely brilliant in that movie.

That movie was Kilmer's best work and one of the best western movie characters of all time. Everything he says is quotable.

I went to this movie with very high expectations. I left the theater wondering what was missing. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie. But I wasn't blown away like I thought I was going to be. Roger Deakins cemented his god status in the Cinematography department and Bridges nailed the part of Rooster Cogburn. The highlight of the movie was the performance of Hailee Steinfeld who was making her acting debut. She should, no doubt, be nominated for best actress for it. Like I said, I loved the movie but there was something missing. Not sure if it was the score, or lack there of, but it didn't grip me (no pun intended :wacko:) the way I was hoping it would.

I just saw this film last night on DVD. I enjoyed the film, but I was disappointed. I guess it didn't involve me emotionally, so it felt lacking. I saw "The King's Speech" the night before and had the same reaction.

I watched it again today. It was better for me second time around. No where in Tombstone's league though.

Its obvious I'm ion the minority on tombstone. Out of curiosity have any of you ever studied the history of the events surrounding the OK corral incident?

Its obvious I'm ion the minority on tombstone. Out of curiosity have any of you ever studied the history of the events surrounding the OK corral incident?

Have studied it and it doesn't bother me. It's a great movie. I have also studied the history of WW2 but love Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, and The Pacific. I can tolerate a little embellishment.

I'm thinking that polk wears a red scarf when he surfs the internet...

Educate me, Polk. What's the scoop?

so in the last week, I saw both the original and the remake. while I would say the remake was well done (well acted in particular) and not simply gratuitous, I think the original was better. some have said the original was lighter, more of a comedy, while the remake was darker. that's the thing about a lot of the old, great westerns....there's some surface sheen, but the dark depths are still definitely there. in recent decades, it's become more fashionable to knock you over the head with the "grit".