[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philly Snow Game

redrumjuice

Snow Game  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Was postponing the game a good idea?

• YES! There was SNOW, someone might get COLD. :(
    • No.

I still think the smartest option would have been to move up the game to noon or even 11:00 am, well before the snow hit Philly. I used to manage concessions at a major metropolitan arena, and while this would have been some extra logistical work, it would have been much easier than moving the game up two days. Any bread products ordered for Sunday are less likely to be useable two days down the road, as well as any produce ordered for Sunday, which probably arrived Friday or Saturday. Next consider any frozen items brought out to thaw in advance: the shelf life on thawed food items is the same as fresh once thawed, and while two days might not seem like much, in reality this might mean significant spoilage in the food service business.

First, I severely doubt there would have been significant spoilage at all. I will make a crazy assumption here and say they have adequate refridgeration. I will also assume that anything they have in house does not have a two day shelf life at a stadium. We are talking about hot dogs, pretzels, frozen burgers, etc. The bread products would be juuuust fine, assuming they received a Friday/Thursday delivery, and most stadiums do.

Would it be ideal? No. But would it be easy to pull off from a food service perspective? Absolutely.

Secondly, I have been to a lot of games at lambeau Field. Not one has been postponed due to snow that I can remember attending in the last 10+ years. If snow is in the forecast, then they prepare accordingly withe extra plows and pre-salting roads. :wacko: That includes a playoff game a few years ago against the Seahawks. It was snowing so much at one point we couldnt see the luxury boxes on the opposite side of the field.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Secondly, I have been to a lot of games at lambeau Field. Not one has been postponed due to snow that I can remember attending in the last 10+ years. If snow is in the forecast, then they prepare accordingly withe extra plows and pre-salting roads. :wacko: That includes a playoff game a few years ago against the Seahawks. It was snowing so much at one point we couldnt see the luxury boxes on the opposite side of the field.

Not even for the Snow Bowl of 1985 that Chavez linked to. None had weather postponements even dating to the Ice Bowl in 1967.

Not even for the Snow Bowl of 1985 that Chavez linked to. None had weather postponements even dating to the Ice Bowl in 1967.

This was my point exactly. Its the new NFL. Snow during football season is nothing new and I am sure there have been games played in heavier storms in the past

In the future these games will be replaced by such imposing and legendary games such as "The Partly cloudy Bowl" or "The tepid breeze bowl"

In the future these games will be replaced by such imposing and legendary games such as "The Partly cloudy Bowl" or "The tepid breeze bowl"

Then again . . Philly fans + snowballs that can be made into projectiles to attack the other team? Probably a bad idea.

or they just wanted to give Favre a couple extra days to rest? :wacko:

They did not have all of the sleazy lawyers that they have now - yes it was done in terms of safety but it was mainly done because if someone did get hurt the city would be sued and have a PR nightmare - that is why this game was cancelled.

Look at the couple that is suing at I believe a Bengals game because two drunks feel on a woman and broke her nose - she is suing the man that fell but is also suing the team and the vendor - I mean you might as well blame the people who trucked the beer in - next will be BP because they provided the gas that powered the truck that brough the beer.

At least a dozen traffic fatalities in several states were attributed to the treacherous road conditions.

Philadelphia cab driver Farid Senoussaoui, 33, described the slippery driving conditions as “like a video game.”

I'd be curious to know how many traffic fatalities there have been this season caused by people who were handed one too many $8 beers at an NFL game then drove home

:detlef: frozen drinks are for women :detlef:

:wacko: That's the first thing I thought of. Then I realized that, unlike margaritas, Hurricanes don't hold a special place in my heart, so it wouldn't bother me nearly as much if someone wanted to defile them by putting them in a blender.

I should add, however, that since our debate on the subject, I've tasted the remains of blended margaritas a number of times. My bartender makes one, there's a bit left in the blender and he pours me a taste. I'll soften my stance. I still would never order one, knowing how much better the drink is on the rocks, but it's not like they're a bad thing. He made me admit as much.

I still do cringe when I hear the blender, though. The sound of a cocktail shaker is so much nicer.

:wacko: That's the first thing I thought of. Then I realized that, unlike margaritas, Hurricanes don't hold a special place in my heart, so it wouldn't bother me nearly as much if someone wanted to defile them by putting them in a blender.

I should add, however, that since our debate on the subject, I've tasted the remains of blended margaritas a number of times. My bartender makes one, there's a bit left in the blender and he pours me a taste. I'll soften my stance. I still would never order one, knowing how much better the drink is on the rocks, but it's not like they're a bad thing. He made me admit as much.

I still do cringe when I hear the blender, though. The sound of a cocktail shaker is so much nicer.

Had one last night on the rocks with a grandma float. Delicious

:tup:

Had one last night on the rocks with a grandma float. Delicious

wth is that?