[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB Dynasty Numbers

Living the Dream

When I rank Dynasty League Rankings, I rarely look at more than the upcoming 3 years. As age becomes such a huge factor with this position.

1. Arian Foster

2. Jammal Charles

3. Chris Johnson

4. LeSean McCoy

5. Adrian Peterson

6. Maurice Jones Drew

7. Ray Rice

8. Darren McFadden

9. Frank Gore

10. Jonathon Stewart

11. Ahmad Bradshaw

12. Rashard Mendenhall

13. Matt Forte

14. DeAngelo Williams

15. Ryan Mathews

16. Knowshon Moreno

17. Shonn Greene

18. Steven Jackson

19. Michael Turner

20. Jahvid Best

21. James Starks

22. CJ Spiller

23. Ben Jarvis-Green

24. Pierre Thomas

25. Cedric Benson

26. Marshawn Lynch

27. Felix Jons

28. Donald Brown

29. Fred Jackson

30. Lagarette Blount

31. Chris Wells

32. Brandon Jacobs

33. Peyton Hillis

34. Michael Bush

35. Ryan Torrain

36. Bernard Scott

Random thoughts on these rankings

I put Foster #1, because they kept their coach, the blocking scheme fits him perfectly, and he catches alot of balls out of the backfield.

Charles IMO is going to surpass the top dogs as soon as next season, when he finally gets the lions share of the carries.

Peterson falls to #5 because there is no QB to keep defenses from loading the box just to stop him.

Jonathon Stewart is going to be a beast when he finally gets a legit shot at being a feature back.

DeAngelo when healthy and with a avg QB could be top 10 easily if he is the MAN...

Starks is on potential, but it was just one game.

I left off the Miami RBs, as Ronnie Brown is probably the only who could be ranked, but he is likely to lose his job to a rookie very soon.

Hillis is ranked on where I think his future production maybe after one more season. Sure he was nice this yr, and could be again, but dont see that past that.

E2A: I had Ryan Mathews in the top 15, but I guess when I changed a few things, he was deleted.

Discuss....

Edited by Living the Dream

I understand not ranking Hillis in the top 10 (especially for the next 3 year with his running style) However if we r talking in terms of fantesy point produced I would think Hllis would be a higher rank than Shonn Greene ,Felix Jones, DeAngelo Williams and Fred Jackson.

Shonn Greene has the best shot at doing something out of these 4 but until I see a break out year from hi'm I'm going to be a skeptic.

Felix Jones and the other 2 Dallas RBs have a problem. Sharing... and remember sharing is caring except in FF.

Williams did little this year and injuries make me worry about how healthy he's going to be...

Fred Jackson i think has serious competion over the next couple years with Spiller on the team.

When I rank Dynasty League Rankings, I rarely look at more than the upcoming 3 years. As age becomes such a huge factor with this position.

Random thoughts on these rankings

Peterson falls to #5 because there is no QB to keep defenses from loading the box just to stop him.

Discuss....

Not to mention his running style that may not let him have more than 2 more years of top 10 production

Ryan Mathews not being listed is far fetched to me. Even if you think that Tolbert is going to get a lot of touches, which I don't, Mathews showed enough in his limited snaps to at least be on the list. I think he's around 15-18.

+1,000

Missed him not being listed. Guess I just assumed he would be. He's in the top 20 for sure.

You just earned Newbie of the Year right there my friend.

For giving my opinion on rankings. The same opinion everyone else has. Why not show what you see differently. And before you mention Foster, he has scored 60 more points in standard .5 per reception points than AP has ever scored in a season. He scored 7 points less than CJ did the year before, when he had over 2000 yards rushing and that will likely never happen again. Foster was just consistent all season, something AP and CJ clearly were not.

Charles down the stretch was superior to either of those 2 backs as well.

Its my opinion, I spent half an hour putting this together, and you spent 2 seconds criticizing, with out a shred of feedback one way or the other. And you are calling me the tool? :wacko: RIGHT....

Ryan Mathews not being listed is far fetched to me. Even if you think that Tolbert is going to get a lot of touches, which I don't, Mathews showed enough in his limited snaps to at least be on the list. I think he's around 15-18.

I had Ryan Mathews in the top 15, but made some changes, and I guess he was deleted. Fixed now

Edited by Living the Dream

For giving my opinion on rankings. The same opinion everyone else has. Why not show what you see differently. And before you mention Foster, he has scored 60 more points in standard .5 per reception points than AP has ever scored in a season. He scored 7 points less than CJ did the year before, when he had over 2000 yards rushing and that will likely never happen again. Foster was just consistent all season, something AP and CJ clearly were not.

Charles down the stretch was superior to either of those 2 backs as well.

Its my opinion, I spent half an hour putting this together, and you spent 2 seconds criticizing, with out a shred of feedback one way or the other. And you are calling me the tool? :tup: RIGHT....

I had Ryan Mathews in the top 15, but made some changes, and I guess he was deleted. Fixed now

:wacko:

It was for listing Stew in the top 10 dude. Go back to your alias...I liked you better that way.

And it was for Newbie Of The Year....bro. Read alittle more closely next time.

I do like the potential for fantasy points from Chris Ivory. He does have a few question marks such as injuries, and being in the back field of a team that spreads the ball around, and at this point at least, a crowded back field. But there are also counter arguments that might end up being correct as time continues.

PT and Bush are also broke-dicks, and could easily be released by the Saints in the near future. And he is on a prolific scoring team with a top 5 QB. With a few breaks, he could be a high scoring running back for the next few years.

Overall, I'd rank him on his potential somewhere around 20, and hope that his upside could raise his production even higher. I'd take the chance on him.

Wells and Greene way too high along w Starks. No Ryan Grant? Hillis is way too low. I like the list though

Grant is 28, coming off a broken leg, and is due a substantial boost in pay. It's not out of the question that he's...

A. cut

B. Not the same back he was

Lets not kid ourselves with Grant... He's a hard nosed runner, but I wouldn't put him in the top 20 in terms of talent. If James Starks lights it up for the rest of the playoffs I think that Starks has a slight lead in being the packers no.1 runner in 2011. In no way am I bashing Grant. I love me some Ryan Grant, but It's not as if he's a rare talent. I said earlier this season that I didn't think Grant would ever rush for 1,000 yards in a packer uniform again. I stick by that, but won't be disappointed if I'm wrong.