[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obamacare Repeal

Grimm74

http://www.c-span.org/Events/House-Passes-...89/10737418994/

WOW! This bill was "passed" BARELY through a procedural GIMMICK called reconciliation!!! Then gets voted DOWN by a nice majority in the house, and Harry Reid and Obama still will not repeal.

It is a very sad day in America. The people have spoken and been ignored.

I do not care if you are a liberal or conservative this is/was an absolute abuse of the system.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! This bill was "passed" BARELY through a procedural GIMMICK called reconciliation!!! Then gets voted DOWN by a nice majority in the house, and Harry Reid and Obama still will not repeal.

I do not care if you are a liberal or conservative this is/was an absolute abuse of the system.

I'm not sure this is a case of an actual attempt to repeal as there was very clear evidence it would fail. Rather, this is an attempt for the Republicans to again, publicly protest it. Remember, elections are coming up and Tea Party/Republicans that opposed it want to re-iterate to there constituents there stance on it. Thats all this was. A waste of tax payers dollars but business as usual in Washington.

I'm not sure this is a case of an actual attempt to repeal as there was very clear evidence it would fail. Rather, this is an attempt for the Republicans to again, publicly protest it. Remember, elections are coming up and Tea Party/Republicans that opposed it want to re-iterate to there constituents there stance on it. Thats all this was. A waste of tax payers dollars but business as usual in Washington.

So if Reid and Obama was willing to repeal it or at least take it to a vote in the Senate you think the House vote would have turned out differently?

I wish they would try and introduce amendments and actually change the bill so it is palatable instead of trying to score politicla points with a fruitless repeal attempt for the cameras . . .

. .but that is all politicans care about anyway.

This will be the next step. But they first had to grandstand a little.

Pfft, I doubt you know what reconciliation really is. Bush II used it to cut taxes on three different occasions. Funny how Republicans/conservatives were for it before they were against it.

Pfft, I doubt you know what reconciliation really is. Bush II used it to cut taxes on three different occasions. Funny how Republicans/conservatives were for it before they were against it.

That is very true. The basis of the unfunded "Bush tax cuts" were forced through via reconciliation, which is why it had a 10 year expiration date.

political grab-ass . . . awesome

Thanks for trying to insult my intelligence. Not sure if that help the matter. reconciliation has never been used to this degree EVER. Funny how Reid and ESPECIALLY Obama just blasted Republicans for using reconciliation.... Please look up some of their quotes....I am truly not trying to make this Political, but I can understand how that comes across especially in the Tailgate... I am having a big issue with this bill. I have no ill will to Obama I just see his hypocrisy just like on the right.

If anyone thinks that Insurance companies have any issue with the issue of preexisting conditions and the such you are wrong. They are completely fine with it as long as every insurance carrier has to do it, b/c as long as that is the case they can spread the cost of that to its customers....me...you...your neighbor...b/c someone has to pay for it....wont be the Insurance Company

The Bill to me represents one of the last steps to the US Dollar being replaced as the world reserve.... That is all....painful stuff.

I think I may have to be done with the Tailgate....

Since the new Congress is all about compromise; I have the perfect solution. How bout we only repeal Obamacare for tea partiers with pre-existing conditions? It may not give everyone total satisfaction, but it is a fair compromise that gives the Teatards a chance to live up to the philosophies they espouse to.

True.

An AP-GfK Poll has found that opposition to the reform has subsided to a mere 30%, down from 39% in March 2010, and 40% of those surveyed now support the law. AP-GfK have been running polls on health care reform since September 2009 and the results show that more Americans are embracing the law, albeit slowly.

Which is a legitimate use of reconciliation. Reconciliation was originally intended to reconcile the budget. The health care bill was not a legitimate use of reconciliation even according to the democrat that helped originally write the reconciliation procedures.

It won't be repealed, and he'll get re-elected.

A decent chunk of people who poll against Obamacare are in fact for a stronger version including a public option. he ran hard on it and won on it. People want it. Have fun taking no more pre-existing conditions off the table.

Which is a legitimate use of reconciliation. Reconciliation was originally intended to reconcile the budget. The health care bill was not a legitimate use of reconciliation even according to the democrat that helped originally write the reconciliation procedures.

Nope. Reconciliation is intended to "reconcile" differences between an initial budget resolution and a subsequent but related resolution. The biggest impacts of reconciliation are that: (1) Senate debate is limited to 20 hours; and (2) amendments to the bill are limited. Big whoop.

And even if "reconciliation" was about reconciling the budget, Bush II's tax cuts added $2.3 Trillion (that's with a t) to the national debt over the last 10 years. I hope to God that's not anyone's idea of reconciling the federal budget.

what?

:wacko:

i apologize for that statement. It deals with debt and the growth of it and how it affects the ability of the US dollar to remain the world reserve including trading oil in dollars. I did not mean to get into that. It is just a massive concern of mine.

And even if "reconciliation" was about reconciling the budget, Bush II's tax cuts added $2.3 Trillion (that's with a t) to the national debt over the last 10 years. I hope to God that's not anyone's idea of reconciling the federal budget.

I read recently that Bush wanted to be "the Decider" so he would seem like a stronger president than his dad. Add into the equation 9/11, the administration's wanting to go to Iraq before 9/11, and Cheney believing presidents should have imperical powers and you get the booming economy we are enjoying today.

Bush wasn't allowed to ever raise taxes because Cheney let Bush know how much like his dad he would be then. That didn't fly for the Decider.

Thanks for trying to insult my intelligence. Not sure if that help the matter. reconciliation has never been used to this degree EVER. Funny how Reid and ESPECIALLY Obama just blasted Republicans for using reconciliation.... Please look up some of their quotes....I am truly not trying to make this Political, but I can understand how that comes across especially in the Tailgate... I am having a big issue with this bill. I have no ill will to Obama I just see his hypocrisy just like on the right.

If anyone thinks that Insurance companies have any issue with the issue of preexisting conditions and the such you are wrong. They are completely fine with it as long as every insurance carrier has to do it, b/c as long as that is the case they can spread the cost of that to its customers....me...you...your neighbor...b/c someone has to pay for it....wont be the Insurance Company

The Bill to me represents one of the last steps to the US Dollar being replaced as the world reserve.... That is all....painful stuff.

I think I may have to be done with the Tailgate....

This is one of the most wonderfully incoherent posts ever. Almost art, in it's way.

Methinks you misunderestimate how much the Bush Tax Cuts affected our country.

Maybe! I am not confirming or denying it but that is not here nor there. We are we are today and changes need to be made. We need jobs right now and raising taxes is not good for jobs even Obama says so. So we have to look at cutting spending big time. We are really heading down a dangerous path right now. I just wish we could hold off on the politics and come down with real solutions.

I know the left hates Bush but when you look back on his major initiatives like No Child Left Behind, Aids in Africa, Drug Benefits for Medicare, and even the war they were all pretty clear cut winners by vote count. When Obama had both the House and the senate by a BIG margin he BARELY squeezed a greased up pig(Obamacare) trough a mouse hole...again BARELY..... I cannot when taking politics out imagine how that sits well with anyone. How?

A decent chunk of people who poll against Obamacare are in fact for a stronger version including a public option. he ran hard on it and won on it. People want it.

I know! :wacko:

26 states are suing it, 64 Congressmen just were elected because of it, and next year 12 R Senators will be added. Have fun, we're coming for you.