[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears fans burning Cutler spamshirts

polksalet

Zia . . . Pouncey was on crutches the second half of the Steelers game, and was cheering them on and excited. I guess Cutler should just sit there, dejected? He gets to be a sad panda because of his MCL?

And whoever sent him back out or had him sit there without therapy, still in pads, was a bad error in perception. I am preeeeetty sure I made that abundantly clear.

Different people have different personalities. Seems pretty simple to me. :wacko: Doesn't mean he faked an injury or "quit" on his team.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some football "fans" are nothing less than thoughtless morans.

Some? I'd say "many" is more like it, w/the % growing every year.

And it's not just the NFL. Pro Sports = Drama Queen Central. Players and fans alike. BS like this is another example of why I wouldn't mind a strike in 2011 in the least, despite how much I love football.

It just feeds into the anti-Cutler hype. He wasnt trying to fire up his teammates, he quietly paced the sidelines or sat on the bench alone.

I am not questioning the injury, but the decision to keep a guy on the bench with no readily apparent injury or treatment was ill-advised by the Bears. :wacko:

We saw what FOX wanted us to see and snippets at that. This is all so ridiculous.

Jesus H Christ

We were sitting in the bar watching the game and some of the people there were grousing about Cutler being a ####y and how he had to get back in there because it was the NFC Championship. Yet not one of them knew the extent of his injury. As far as I know as of the date and time of this posting, there still isn't an official report.

I'm wondering if any of these idiots would think differently if they knew that he had torn an ACL or some other similar devastating injury? And that maybe Cutler was showing some serious guts by standing there on the sideline instead of going to get immediate treatment?

+1

The guy is tough as nails...if anyone has played the game, even as a little kid - he has been getting pummeled all year long. He has the wrong personality for this city it would seem, and he is way over rated, but he's a tough player.

The real problem that should be glaring at this point is his WR's. He has Bennett that belongs on the roster. Knox is young, and still just a one dimensional guy.

Can we please be done with the Hester experiment at this time? He is never on the same page with Cutler, and I mean hardly, not never...but hardly seems like never.

I don't think a MRI is going to change the debate. If it comes out that his knee is torn people will look at the MJD, Primetime and Dockett tweets along with the body of work he has put together with his attitude. Right or wrong it will come into play. If it's something that wouldn't get worse then I could see MJD's point... If it's something that if he tried to play he could damage more severely, then the Bears made the right call with keeping him down. Although BP is right. as soon as they knew he wasn't going to play they should have taken his pads/helmet away or just kept him in the locker room.

What gives MJD the right to tweet crap about Cutler? He sat out the last two games with his team in

the playoff hunt.

Jesus H Christ

We were sitting in the bar watching the game and some of the people there were grousing about Cutler being a ####y and how he had to get back in there because it was the NFC Championship. Yet not one of them knew the extent of his injury. As far as I know as of the date and time of this posting, there still isn't an official report.

I'm wondering if any of these idiots would think differently if they knew that he had torn an ACL or some other similar devastating injury? And that maybe Cutler was showing some serious guts by standing there on the sideline instead of going to get immediate treatment?

what do you think about the current and ex NFL players that called him out? I suppose they're thoughtless morans as well?

Different people have different personalities. Seems pretty simple to me. :wacko: Doesn't mean he faked an injury or "quit" on his team.

You dont know some Chicago fans very well :lol:

They love Ozzie Guillan, who goes batshit crazy in the media, and slam guys like Lovie Smith for not showing enough "fire" and emotion.

Hence the perception problems with whatever he did or didnt do when he was hurt . . .:tup: The reality doesnt matter, he is crucified in the media no matter what.

edit: Granted this is based on all the media attention, both newspapers and radio . . there will always be exceptions to the rule.

Edited by bpwallace49

What gives MJD the right to tweet crap about Cutler? He sat out the last two games with his team in

the playoff hunt.

Exactly!! And we are also talking about the same Deion Sanders who said his job was not to tackle, but to cover.

what do you think about the current and ex NFL players that called him out? I suppose they're thoughtless morans as well?

Yep. They didn't know #### and ran their mouths also.

Turns out Cutler was severely injured in the first half, went back out for the second half, and was pulled by Lovie and the medical staff. It also turns out that Haney said Cutler was a hugh help to him on the sidelines getting him calmed down and going through material with him.

So - when do we expect apologies to Cutler from all the thoughtless morans - the ones here who jumped to unfounded conclusions as well as the jerks like MJD, Sanders, et al? 10 to 1 that they don't have the sack to admit they were 100% wrong. I've already seen MJD doing a sideways tap dance to excuse himself. Cutler has 10 times the balls of that POS.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Turns out Cutler was severely injured in the first half, went back out for the second half, and was pulled by Lovie and the medical staff. It also turns out that Haney said Cutler was a hugh help to him on the sidelines getting him calmed down and going through material with him.

So - when do we expect apologies to Cutler from all the thoughtless morans - the ones here who jumped to unfounded conclusions as well as the jerks like MJD, Sanders, et al? 10 to 1 that they don't have the sack to admit they were 100% wrong. I've already seen MJD doing a sideways tap dance to excuse himself. Cutler has 10 times the balls of that POS.

Exactly. I hate the Bears and think Cutler is a horrible QB and lacks leadership but never once did I think he quit on his team this past game. He tried to play and he could not. I found it very hard to believe he would have sat himself down.

People here are saying he should not have had his pads on or he should have been icing his knee - why to make it "look" better? He played in the 3rd quarter - when did you expect him to go change into street clothes? If he did you probably would have crucified him for not staying on the sidelines and helping.

I can't stand Cutler but he is getting a raw deal by a lot of people.

Exactly. I hate the Bears and think Cutler is a horrible QB and lacks leadership but never once did I think he quit on his team this past game. He tried to play and he could not. I found it very hard to believe he would have sat himself down.

People here are saying he should not have had his pads on or he should have been icing his knee - why to make it "look" better? He played in the 3rd quarter - when did you expect him to go change into street clothes? If he did you probably would have crucified him for not staying on the sidelines and helping.

I can't stand Cutler but he is getting a raw deal by a lot of people.

Unfair or not, Cutler has a perception problem as being a PITA. Perception is an issue with him, it was in Denver, it is in Chicago, and it sure looks to be with fellow NFL players as well.

:wacko:

Unfair or not, Cutler has a perception problem as being a PITA. Perception is an issue with him, it was in Denver, it is in Chicago, and it sure looks to be with fellow NFL players as well.

:wacko:

True but when was he supposed to go in and change into street clothes? He played in the 3rd quarter and according to Haine he was helping on the sidelines.

He did not nothing to give people the reason to think he shuld have put on street clothes and iced his knee - just my opinion but that is stupid for people to even say that - he did not need ice on the knee so he did not have ice on the knee - he would have had to leave the sidelines for how long to go get rid of his pads - and if he was truly helping Hanie then would he not be hurting his team if he went to the locker room to put on street clothes just to make the people get a better perception of him??

Like I said before I can't stand Cutler and ripped on him all year and think he is a horrible leader but I think he is getting way too bad of a rap and it coming from people who just don't seem to even think before they talk.

True but when was he supposed to go in and change into street clothes? He played in the 3rd quarter and according to Haine he was helping on the sidelines.

He did not nothing to give people the reason to think he shuld have put on street clothes and iced his knee - just my opinion but that is stupid for people to even say that - he did not need ice on the knee so he did not have ice on the knee - he would have had to leave the sidelines for how long to go get rid of his pads - and if he was truly helping Hanie then would he not be hurting his team if he went to the locker room to put on street clothes just to make the people get a better perception of him??

Like I said before I can't stand Cutler and ripped on him all year and think he is a horrible leader but I think he is getting way too bad of a rap and it coming from people who just don't seem to even think before they talk.

You really, really, really dont get it.

It isnt about what actually happened and the extent of his injury. It isnt about what 99% of everyone else does or doesnt do. It is about the automatic NEGATIVE perception that people have of Cutler for whatever reason that is fueling this. It isnt about a reasonable expectation, it is about what people think when they hear "Jay Cutler". NONE of it is justified or fair . . but it is still there.

Did you ever hear stories about Brett Favre in Green Bay looking for snatch? ( I assume you do living In Green Bay) Hell, I know of specific examples in Milwaukee of him out searching with Chmura . . . but before the last several years the perception was of "Saint Brett". Didnt mean that was accurate or justified, but he cultivated that persona in the media. Maybe Jay just doesnt give a rip, maybe he does. But he seems to be polarizing in a way that automatically assumes the worst when it comes to his motivations and actions.

How many other players have you heard about that rip on other players for injuries? Or analyists? Whether Cutelr cares or not, he has a negative perception problem in the media. Perhaps there are things he could do to change those perceptions, but he doesnt care. That doesnt mean that there are or are not ways to try and change those perceptions to positive impressions. :wacko:

Whether Cutelr cares or not, he has a negative perception problem in the media.

If Cutler has the support of his team mates and doesn't give two chits what the media think (and there is no good reason he should beyond advertising / endorsement dollars which I am willing to bet he wouldn't get anyway), then it isn't a negative perception problem for him. In other words, if he doesn't care, it's not a problem.

If Cutler has the support of his team mates and doesn't give two chits what the media think (and there is no good reason he should beyond advertising / endorsement dollars which I am willing to bet he wouldn't get anyway), then it isn't a negative perception problem for him. In other words, if he doesn't care, it's not a problem.

This

maybe I did'nt hear all the facts..I heard "sprained MCL". Since when is a sprained MCL severely injured? Ben had his nose twisted into a banana and went back in. Stafford had his shoulder tore up andwent back in. Brees played on a sprained MCL. I've got girls on my fastpitch team that beg to play when they're banged up.

IMO the guy's a puss and I don't apologize for it.

Where did I say he HAD to have a positive perception? :wacko:

It was an observation and statement.

Where did I say he HAD to have a positive perception? :wacko:

It was an observation and statement.

I'm just pointing out that although most people do care what other people think about them, a large number of us don't. Cutler sounds to me like he doesn't.

maybe I did'nt hear all the facts..I heard "sprained MCL". Since when is a sprained MCL severely injured? Ben had his nose twisted into a banana and went back in. Stafford had his shoulder tore up andwent back in. Brees played on a sprained MCL. I've got girls on my fastpitch team that beg to play when they're banged up.

Sprained MCL is such a general term. Drew Brees supposedly played an entire season with one. Andre Johnson missed 5 games with an MCL sprain in 2008. It all depends on the severity of the sprain, which I don't think anyone has said.

Last time I checked Ben doesn't use his nose to plant when making passes.

I guess you didn't hear all the facts because a sprained MCL is IN FACT a partial tear of said MCL. There are several sports doctors today, most notably one for the LA dodgers , that said the worst thing he could have done was continue playing, as other ligaments would have been at risk which could have led to a career threatening/ending injury. He couldn't plant on his foot, therefor had nothing to offer as a player at that point.

Had he continued to play, the headlines would have read "Cutler Loses Game for Bears by Refusing to Come Out."

Last time I checked Ben doesn't use his nose to plant when making passes.

Ben has also been playing with a broken foot.

I am not one to hold this against Cutler. I am not part of that team and I have no idea how bad his knee is. If anything thought that putting him back in there could do more harm than good then it was time to make a change. Comparing him to others that have had MCL sprains is crazy. That injury is not the same with any two people. I had a torn PCL and I could still put my game face on. I mean that was walking though the grocery store etc. Doctor was pretty surprised that I could do what I did with the torn PCL so once again I am sure that the injury does not effect everyone the same way.

Cutler just always will get the knock based on his personality.

You really, really, really dont get it.

It isnt about what actually happened and the extent of his injury. It isnt about what 99% of everyone else does or doesnt do. It is about the automatic NEGATIVE perception that people have of Cutler for whatever reason that is fueling this. It isnt about a reasonable expectation, it is about what people think when they hear "Jay Cutler". NONE of it is justified or fair . . but it is still there.

Did you ever hear stories about Brett Favre in Green Bay looking for snatch? ( I assume you do living In Green Bay) Hell, I know of specific examples in Milwaukee of him out searching with Chmura . . . but before the last several years the perception was of "Saint Brett". Didnt mean that was accurate or justified, but he cultivated that persona in the media. Maybe Jay just doesnt give a rip, maybe he does. But he seems to be polarizing in a way that automatically assumes the worst when it comes to his motivations and actions.

How many other players have you heard about that rip on other players for injuries? Or analyists? Whether Cutelr cares or not, he has a negative perception problem in the media. Perhaps there are things he could do to change those perceptions, but he doesnt care. That doesnt mean that there are or are not ways to try and change those perceptions to positive impressions. :wacko:

What don't I get? I guess I am missing what I should get?

Are you saying that I should agree that he should do things to try and change his image even if he does not care or even if those things are idiotic?

I agree he has a perception problem and I even have that perception about him - I think he is a whiny beeotch that seems to be disliked by players around the league. But even though I have that perception I still don't think he would quit on his team in a championship game and I don't think he should do things like ice his knee if it is not needed or should change into street clothes because that would help with the perception that people have.

I guess I really don't get what you mean when you say I don't get it???

Not sure if I get it either, but here goes....

I can agree w/ some, maybe most of the posts here, but lets look at some aspects (some mentioned some not):

Cutler is NOT an outspoken person by a long shot. He's an introvert, probably never reads the newspaper, has no endorsements, and probably couldn't care less. The media hates that, so they automatically don't like him. Meion, and others are now part of that media. They don't play anymore and like Rush Limbaugh; Olberman, they do it to be heard to boost their ratings. Don't get me started on Meion...the guy was and still is a glory hound who played well but has demons in his playing. HoF??? If he makes it he turns it into a sham! MJD... is a jackass for saying what he said, all before the extent of the injury was disclosed. Bad MJD...Shame on you for judging a fellow player! Then he recants??? :lol: But I digress....

Cutler also has Diabetes Type1. Anyone know how tough that is to deal w/ even as a non-athlete?? Ask anyone who knew Ron Santo who suffered w/ it for many of his playing years, lost a leg(s), and finally died from the disease's complications.

Whiny????? This is a Bullchit statement. I never once saw him whine about anything since he's been w/ Da Bears. He actually always comments positively about his POS line. If anyone had a license to beotch about his protection, he has it. How is he whiny? Please explain that.

I still think Cutler is the Best QB we have had in years. I admit it doesn't say much and I don't think he'll ever be a top 5 QB, but then look at our QB's over the years (see my sig if you need a refresher). Orton/Grossman??? Don't make me laugh. Put a decent O line in front of Cutler and you will soon forget "Good Jay/Bad Jay". Hell, he started and pretty much finished 65 of 66 games. Whiny???? Please splain!

Lastly, FOX shows Cutler on the sidelines by himself, in a Uni (Don't forget, he ran the first set so he should have had a Uni on), and no one around him. :wacko: Ya think the media wanted to show him in a negative light (for all the reasons above)? :tup: Hanie said he was helping him on the sidelines, but the cameras only captured a whiny/self absorbed Cutler. Who watched him during the second half? No one but some buy into the "Cutler doesn't give a crap!". It's all bull! Believe the media if you want, but I ain't buying it! Not for a second!