[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rahm Emanuel booted off Chicago mayor ballot

Ursa Majoris

Exactly. However much amusement she will provide during the race is not worth the small chance that she will actually get elected.

Where's Cynthia McKinney when you need her. Her and CMB would be great debating one another... But, alas, Cynthia is probably on some boat in the Mediterannean trying to jump an Israeli blockade.

(Yes, I know Cynthia would have residency issues, also.)

Edited by SEC=UGA

• 5 weeks later...
What was the justification for putting him on the ballot when he clearly was not living in Chicago long enough to qualify?

the comparison of "residency" was that he is a long time Chicago resident, votes in chicago elections, still owned a house there, pays taxes there, and compared living in Washington while serving as the chief of staff to a soldier or ambassador serving his country.

i think he will do pretty well. He has already told the unions in chicago that things have to change with their compensations, and as a result the majority fo unions did not back him for mayor.

So we have a Democrat mayor that was NOT endorsed by unions. This will be interesting as it plays out . . .

I like what the Jon Stewart show (I think it was that) said about Chicago...."look, only like 80% of our mayors were found to be crooks over the past 100 years".

Then again, he just started. he has PLENTY of time to start a federal case against him.

And I think that quote goes for the governors, not the Mayors.

What was the justification for putting him on the ballot when he clearly was not living in Chicago long enough to qualify?

The rest of the Momos on the Dem ticket were much scarier than him.