[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And yet ANOTHER Favre post....back to Green Bay?

tazinib1

Team president Mark Murphy indicated that the Packers would welcome Brett Favre back into a role with the franchise to restore relations between the two sides.

"At the appropriate time, we'll reach out to him," Murphy said. "And I envision he'll come back into the fold."

Source--USA Today

:wacko:

I gotta admit, as much as I hate the Favre drama, where on earth would be get these great stories to yap about. Love ya Brett!!

I'd love to see Favre ask to be added back as a Packer so he could retire that way and the team tell him he needs to wait until August for them to make up their mind.

I'd love to see Favre ask to be added back as a Packer so he could retire that way and the team tell him he needs to wait until August for them to make up their mind.

:wacko: Leave it to DMD to come up with the best post once again. Course that would only be great if they gave every indication they would then changed their mind at the end. :tup:

Team president Mark Murphy, you're a complete putz. Not only because you're willing to even consider this, but your timing in even bringing it up couldn't be much worse. Would it kill you to wait until after the SB a bit - yknow, the one your team is in and Favre isn't?

Team president Mark Murphy, you're a complete putz. Not only because you're willing to even consider this, but your timing in even bringing it up couldn't be much worse. Would it kill you to wait until after the SB a bit - yknow, the one your team is in and Favre isn't?

Willing to consider it? Favre is still a key piece in Packers history. Down the road his jersey will eventually be retired, and rightly so. Murphy is smart enough to know that 99% of Packerland would be ecstatic if Favre came back in some role as a Packer.

And as far as waiting until after the SB? This would be furthest from a devisive statement.

:wacko:

:wacko: That is awesome.

After they call several press conferences to "debate" it.

interviewer - "shouldn't you sign Brett to a one-day contract so he can retire a Packer?"

Thompson or Murphy - "why?"

You can bet he would never miss a team photo

He missed the '91 Falcons team photo.

Glanville asked where the hell he was; Favre said he was in a car wreck. Glanville said "son, you ARE a car wreck."

• 1 month later...