[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teacher Strike!

SEC=UGA

Looking at the video on TV. Are there any black people in Wisconsin? Or anyone with even somewhat of a tan, heck even a spray-on tan? Whitest people I've ever seen. I could clear out that State Capital in 5 minutes by asking those teachers about Martin Luther King. I've got a feeling they've never seen or heard of black people before. Or better yet, show up with a black person and watch them freak out. I do think I saw a Mexican or an Indian in the crowd though. I really can't tell the difference.

They really should fire every teacher they see on video who called in sick.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gbpfan, yer from Wisconsin. Without using Google...........who is Malcolm X?

I believe he invented half of the game we now call Tic-Tac-Toe???

Close enough. Denzel Washington invented the other half, of course.

Pay those teachers their money for that Wisconsin edumacation!

I thought he invented the game with "O"prah

on a side note....does anyone else wonder whether all these teachers not showing up for school is the greatest idea for them from a PR standpoint? I don't see how it really gets the public on their side. sorta seems, to me at least, that it plays into the hands of those who are trying to paint you as selfish, more concerned about protecting the pension the state can't afford than teaching, etc.

Good point and one I was going to make. In my career, I (we) took off 2-3 days in protest. Though many wanted them to be sick days, the powers that be (and I) decided that the "No Pay" aspect added more credibility to our plight. It is wrong for them to take a day off, w/ pay, to protest. If nothing else, it's a breach of contract, and very unethical.. :wacko:

Good point and one I was going to make. In my career, I (we) took off 2-3 days in protest. Though many wanted them to be sick days, the powers that be (and I) decided that the "No Pay" aspect added more credibility to our plight. It is wrong for them to take a day off, w/ pay, to protest. If nothing else, it's a breach of contract, and very unethical.. :wacko:

Robin, serious question.

Are administrators, office workers, hell even school janitors part of the "teachers union"? Arent a lot of administrators former teachers? So is the teachers union made up of teachers plus support and admin staff too?

:tup:

:lol:

As a retired teacher-what would you suggest they do? Walker is wanting to take away their rights, All of this could have been done in a much different way-but it appears that since the Republicans are now in charge-it's railroad time. Shameful.

As a retired teacher-what would you suggest they do? Walker is wanting to take away their rights, All of this could have been done in a much different way-but it appears that since the Republicans are now in charge-it's railroad time. Shameful.

I think he is suggesting they they dont take a paid sick day to protest about how they are being treated unfairly in reference to their benefit package.

If they want to protest, then take an unpaid personal day. :wacko:

Robin, serious question.

Are administrators, office workers, hell even school janitors part of the "teachers union"? Arent a lot of administrators former teachers? So is the teachers union made up of teachers plus support and admin staff too?

Admins are NOT in the Union. Classified staff (janitors, maintenance people, Admin Asst's., etc) may or may not be in a Union and if so are usually in different ones depending on what their job is, but never to my knowledge/experience in the "Teacher's Union".

I'm not getting into this fray, I think most here know what I'm thinking, besides Yuke threatened to come down here to FIB Land and beat the crap out of me if I ever did again.

But to answer your question...pretty much what I stated..."Take the day w/o pay!."

Admins are NOT in the Union. Classified staff (janitors, maintenance people, Admin Asst's., etc) may or may not be in a Union and if so are usually in different ones depending on what their job is, but never to my knowledge/experience in the "Teacher's Union".

Do the admins have a union as well? Or is all the uproar over solely teachers benefits? Do admins get the same benefit packages as teachers (if not more depending on compensation level?

So it seems that each different job (janitors, admin, teachers and support) each have different union represenation for negotiations?

But to answer your question...pretty much what I stated..."Take the day w/o pay!."

that is what 90% of them at Hudson are doing. The others are using "personal day"

It's also funny that Walker says this is about balancing the budget but he came in with a surplus and blew all way in 2 months .

I think he is suggesting they they dont take a paid sick day to protest about how they are being treated unfairly in reference to their benefit package.

If they want to protest, then take an unpaid personal day. :wacko:

According to the Madison Superintendent of Schools-in order for them to be paid they will need to get a Doctor's excuse saying they were sick. I would agree that if they have no excuse-no pay. However, it appears that the Governor wants to take much more than a few days pay, Is that fair? Maybe you are next!!

that is what 90% of them at Hudson are doing. The others are using "personal day"

It's also funny that Walker says this is about balancing the budget but he came in with a surplus and blew all way in 2 months .

Yuke, do you know what happened to that surplus? Seriously?

Cause that might be important if Walker is cutting on one hand and spending on another.

According to the Madison Superintendent of Schools-in order for them to be paid they will need to get a Doctor's excuse saying they were sick. I would agree that if they have no excuse-no pay. However, it appears that the Governor wants to take much more than a few days pay, Is that fair? Maybe you are next!!

:wacko:

I dont live in Wisconsin, or belong to a union. I live in an "at will" state so I can be let go at any time.

Yuke, do you know what happened to that surplus? Seriously?

Cause that might be important if Walker is cutting on one hand and spending on another.

in this

Financial report showing the $121.4 million surplus WI would have had before Walker's $140 million proposed spending that has created the "deficit crisis"

Edited by Yukon Cornelius