[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tailgate Weekly Debate Topic: Sale of Human Organs

cliaz

Rules:

* Avoid the use of Never

* Avoid the use of Always

* Refrain from saying you are wrong and instead use mistaken

* Attack the idea not the person

* Avoid exaggeration

* Quote sources

* If it is just an opinion, admit it

* Do not present opinion as facts

* Concede minor or trivial points

* Avoid bickering, quarreling, and wrangling

* Don't win a debate and lose a friend

* Keep your perspective - You're just debating

* And do not hijack the thread

Summary:

Advances in surgical and diagnostic techniques have substantially increased the success of organ transplant operations. In 2000, a total of 22,827 organs were transplanted in the United States. However, in the preceding decade, the discrepancy between the number of available organs and the number of patients requiring a transplant operation has increased significantly.A British Medical Association (BMA) report has indicated that in the period between 1995 and 1999, 1,000 patients in the United Kingdom died whilst waiting for a heart, heart and lung, or liver transplant. An average of 15 patients die every day in the US whilst awaiting an appropriate organ.

The genuine figure will likely be inflated by the deaths of patients that are never wait-listed for a transplant. In addition, substantial numbers of patients die annually on account of the absence of both kidney donors and the lack of dialysis machines. The sale of human organs can be considered as a possible solution to the crippling shortage.

The black market trade in human organs is already thriving. Entrepreneurs offer the opportunity for British patients to receive privately financed transplant operations in India and Malaysia. An American citizen was recently arrested in Rome for offering human hearts and pancreas glands for sale to Italian doctors. In February, two Chinese government officials were charged with the sale of the organs of executed prisoners. In 1983, Dr. Barry Jacobs requested that the U.S. government create a fund to compensate the families who donate the organs of deceased relatives, or ‘cadaveric donors’. Dr. Jacobs also proposed to set up a business that would buy kidneys from living donors for transplantation in American patients. The proposal raised popular opposition. The National Organ Transplantation Act in 1984 still prohibits the sale of human organs from either dead or living donors.

Rules:

* Avoid the use of Never Ill never agree to that

* Avoid the use of Always You always tell me what to do

* Refrain from saying you are wrong and instead use mistaken If you think I am gonna follow this your sadly wrong

* Attack the idea not the person The Redskins suck and you do too Cliaz

* Avoid exaggeration When I am naked I look like a tripod

* Quote sources "sources"

* If it is just an opinion, admit it You suck. It's a fact

* Do not present opinion as facts you suck

* Concede minor or trivial points NEVER !!

* Avoid bickering, quarreling, and wrangling Ill wrangle you Brett Favre style

* Don't win a debate and lose a friend I am so defriending you on FB

* Keep your perspective - You're just debating How do you know im masturbating ?

* And do not hijack the thread Hey, its snowed all winter. Global warming my ass

:wacko:

The only thing that I know about this topic, is that if a really hot woman starts flirting with you at a hotel bar, you will wake up in a bathtub full of ice with your kidneys missing.

And when you get out of the hospital and go home to your wife you will wake up with a detached penis.

Rules:

* Avoid the use of Never

* Avoid the use of Always

* Refrain from saying you are wrong and instead use mistaken

* Attack the idea not the person

* Avoid exaggeration

* Quote sources

* If it is just an opinion, admit it

* Do not present opinion as facts

* Concede minor or trivial points

* Avoid bickering, quarreling, and wrangling

* Don't win a debate and lose a friend

* Must use the word poopy at least twice in your discussions

* And do not hijack the thread

Rules? I poopy bigger rules than you.

:wacko:

The topic isn't organ donation, it is organ sales. Big difference.

Cliaz wanted facts. How many facts are their in regards to what's right and wrong about organ sales?

I think that you can pretty much state as fact that there shouldn't be any cost involved to the organ donor if they decide to donate on organ.

Edited by MikesVikes

My son is going to school right now. He had to pay a cadaver fee this semester. $37.50 per student X 100 freshmen = $3750 pd in for a body some guy DONATED. Nice.

Those are fees I never had to pay. :wacko:

Edited by MikesVikes