[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Topic-Stategy

Undefeated72

After reading many of your posts I have narrowed down what I think is my problems.

1 Luck

2 I really dont know how to exploit a weak defense. What I mean by that is how do you guys know who is weak and who is not. If Dallas is a weak defense but Deon Sanders is covering your guy how do you guage it. I'm not understanding that part of the game.

I am no rookie at this just havent won the big game in a long time, but I've been to it a couple of times.

The other problem is I play in a league where there are some damm good players. One of them won the ESPN tourney with over 10,000.00 entrys and he is my nemisis. I love the guy just want to kick his ass in fantasy football.

So how do you guys break down defenses. I am a member of the huddle but not sure I understand all there reports. Kind of confusing.

Any help is appreciated

Also where do you guys go on the internet to get your info.

Thanks.

I am like my NFL team I havent won a championship in years. lol

Edited by Undefeated72

That's a tricky one. I, for one, will not divulge any sites I use to evaluate or research players publicly . Not that I don't want to help you, I just don't want to help anybody here I am in leagues with...and thats quite a few. Of course those same SOB's will tell you any help from me isn't help at all. :wacko:

That's a tricky one. I, for one, will not divulge any sites I use to evaluate or research players publicly . Not that I don't want to help you, I just don't want to help anybody here I am in leagues with...and thats quite a few. Of course those same SOB's will tell you any help from me isn't help at all. :tup:

:wacko: constantly rebuilding is a viable strategy

I personally think luck is overrated. A H2H league allows more luck to factor into the end result, unfortunately.

Anywho, I'll just say there's a lot of research that goes into being a consistent winner in fantasy. Without giving away too many tricks, you need to get behind the stats so to speak.

I use The Huddle but I dont really know how to extract the information from them. What report specifically do you guys use and how do you use the report. What do you look at specifically?

Here's another issue I fall into. Take this year for example. I have a good, well rounded team and make the playoffs. We can add/drop all throughout the playoffs as long as you are still playing. I tend to hold onto players instead of picking up hotter players. This has cost me the championship the last 2 years. Sometimes you have to be able to let a player go to grab the hot hand.

Here's another issue I fall into. Take this year for example. I have a good, well rounded team and make the playoffs. We can add/drop all throughout the playoffs as long as you are still playing. I tend to hold onto players instead of picking up hotter players. This has cost me the championship the last 2 years. Sometimes you have to be able to let a player go to grab the hot hand.

Anybody??? I guess I fall into the category of everybody...Nobody can answer the question...lol

Heres the original question..

After reading many of your posts I have narrowed down what I think is my problems.

1 Luck

2 I really dont know how to exploit a weak defense. What I mean by that is how do you guys know who is weak and who is not. If Dallas is a weak defense but Deon Sanders is covering your guy how do you guage it. I'm not understanding that part of the game.

I am no rookie at this just havent won the big game in a long time, but I've been to it a couple of times.

The other problem is I play in a league where there are some damm good players. One of them won the ESPN tourney with over 10,000.00 entrys and he is my nemisis. I love the guy just want to kick his ass in fantasy football.

So how do you guys break down defenses. I am a member of the huddle but not sure I understand all there reports. Kind of confusing.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks.

I am like my NFL team I havent won a championship in years. lol

Edited by Undefeated72

A couple of the tools I like to use when deciding who to start and add/drop are the Team Postion Ranks and the Strength of Schedule Tool. These help me decide if the team defense that my guys are playing is towards the bottom or top of the ranking. Even an average running back can put up very respectable numbers against a bottom 5 defense. It even helps when the score starts being run up, because most coaches run the ball and then the RB gets even more yards and points. A good RB against a good run defense usually puts up below average numbers compaired to what you are usually seeing from your studs.

WRs are a little more difficult to predict. A WR playing a defense that lets WRs score lots of points has many reasons why they could be letting that happen. Maybe they have a good run defense and teams like to pass on them. The same is true the other way around, maybe the team has a horrible run defense and everyone runs on them so the WR defense rank is high (think CAR last year). With WRs you have to think about why the defense is towards the bottom or top of the defensive rankings and how the team coach will appraoch the game. Typically I like to start a WR when I know the game is going to be close in scoring so the coach has to call run and pass plays. If the defense doesn't have a stud CB or safety that will shut down my guy that also helps (think OAK with Asomugha last year).

QBs tend to follow the same patterns as the WRs. If the game is close, chances are the QB will score a good ammount of points, so just look at the matchup and don't worry which team will win, just ask yourself if its going to be a close game. I usually just draft one of the tier 2 guys early and I don't have to think about this all year.

Hope this helps ya.

A couple of the tools I like to use when deciding who to start and add/drop are the Team Postion Ranks and the Strength of Schedule Tool. These help me decide if the team defense that my guys are playing is towards the bottom or top of the ranking. Even an average running back can put up very respectable numbers against a bottom 5 defense. It even helps when the score starts being run up, because most coaches run the ball and then the RB gets even more yards and points. A good RB against a good run defense usually puts up below average numbers compaired to what you are usually seeing from your studs.

WRs are a little more difficult to predict. A WR playing a defense that lets WRs score lots of points has many reasons why they could be letting that happen. Maybe they have a good run defense and teams like to pass on them. The same is true the other way around, maybe the team has a horrible run defense and everyone runs on them so the WR defense rank is high (think CAR last year). With WRs you have to think about why the defense is towards the bottom or top of the defensive rankings and how the team coach will appraoch the game. Typically I like to start a WR when I know the game is going to be close in scoring so the coach has to call run and pass plays. If the defense doesn't have a stud CB or safety that will shut down my guy that also helps (think OAK with Asomugha last year).

QBs tend to follow the same patterns as the WRs. If the game is close, chances are the QB will score a good ammount of points, so just look at the matchup and don't worry which team will win, just ask yourself if its going to be a close game. I usually just draft one of the tier 2 guys early and I don't have to think about this all year.

Hope this helps ya.

One thing I usually do check when I am making the decision is the over/under in Vegas. It's right more than its not.