[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yes, I know, I'm an A-Hole

SEC=UGA

Anyone else here think that this Libyan girl that is out there claiming to have been gang raped is making this stuff up? I quite frankly believe she is an unstable, attention whore seeker. She disappears, reappears, is in front of a camera, can't be found... She is fabricating the whole thing and doing a great job at playing the media.

I would not assume she was lying at all - what is her gain by that? She's probably lucky to be alive still after being whisked away by the military. Were it not for international media pressing the issue, she may have just disappeared as such people do. This is the same regime that has painted all rebels as drug-crazed Al Qadeh terrorists streaming in from outside the country. This is the same regime that is slaughtering their own people with rockets and helicopter gunships.

When they dragged her off from the journalists, they put a bag over her head. Why would they carry around a bag for people's heads anyway?

...A government spokesman said Obeidi was now with her sister in Tripoli, and that four men had been interrogated in connection with the case, including the son of a high-ranking police officer.

The spokesman, Moussa Ibrahim, also alleged that Obeidi was a prostitute who had refused a medical examination. The regime is seemingly attempting to discredit her, having previously alleged that she is mentally unstable.

A visibly distraught Obeidi had directly addressed foreign journalists, showing them a slash and bruises on her right leg. "Look what [Muammar] Gaddafi's men have done to me," she screamed. "Look what they did, they violated my honour."

Obeidi said she had been arrested at a checkpoint in the capital because she was from Benghazi. "They swore at me and they filmed me. I was alone. There was whisky. I was tied up. They peed on me."

She said she had been raped by 15 men and held for two days. It was impossible to verify her claims, or the government's assertion that she was now free.

Separately, a man claiming to be her cousin told Reuters that Obeidi was targeted by authorities after taking part in a protest in the west of the country during the initial days of the uprising against Gaddafi.

Her sudden appearance at the hotel sparked scenes of chaos. Distraught and weeping, Obeidi was surrounded by reporters and camera crews. Libyan minders pushed and struck out at the journalists, one of them drawing a gun, another smashing a CNN camera. Two waiters grabbed knives and threatened Obeidi, calling her "a traitor to Gaddafi".

Charles Clover of the Financial Times, who tried to protect her, was pushed, thrown to the floor and kicked, and Channel 4 News's Jonathan Miller was punched.

Obeidi was frogmarched, struggling, into the lobby and driven away, shouting: "They say they are taking me to hospital but they are taking me to jail."

Anyone else here think that this Libyan girl that is out there claiming to have been gang raped is making this stuff up? I quite frankly believe she is an unstable, attention whore seeker. She disappears, reappears, is in front of a camera, can't be found... She is fabricating the whole thing and doing a great job at playing the media.

Yes, you are an chalupa.

meh, not really. shoulda paid him more and had him say that she WAS raped, and deserved it. that woulda been more in line. :wacko:

Or how about, if rape is inevitable, she should just relax and enjoy it?

meh, not really. shoulda paid him more and had him say that she got drunk and willingly had sex with a bunch of guys and then when she sobered up the next day she didn't want to own up to what she had done so she made up the whole rape story

wow

I've developed another theory since having read about her CNN interview... She seems to be a well educated individual, I still feel she is making up this story, but is more less doing it to bring international scrutiny upon the Qadaffi administration. She knows there is nothing that fires up the international community more than the rape of women. She is using her story as a tool against the regime.