[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chicago school bans packed lunches

buddahj

So your theory with school lunches is that they are trying to kill off the children to dominate the world? :wacko:

Wouldnt it make more sense to require that they have school lunches so that they consolidate who they purchase the food through, therefore making more money and then idea of an insiduous plot to poison all the chilluns seems farfetched and off-base?

No. My theory is that the global elite are in the process, and have been for some time, of controlling the entire food supply so that no individual has any say or knowledge of what goes into the food they eat. Once they have complete control, they will genetically modify (already being accomplished), diminish nutrients etc... so that people on a mass level will die of preventable diseases.

What's going on in this school is just one small example of 'them' telling 'us' what we can and cannot eat. I'm not saying they are poisoning the food at that school. I'm saying "look what's going on people! Stand up for your rights so it doesn't get to the point of them controlling it all". The basic premise in all of my NWO posts is to point out how complacent we the masses have become. The reason they can get away with absurd rules like this is because we allow it. Gain knowledge and awareness and stop being an obedient robot (not you or anyone on here in particular, but the masses).

There are agents of the elite in all facets of business. The school board isn't elite but it works for an obeys the elite. That was tough, wasn't it :wacko:

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Just one more example of where homeschooling comes across as being far less whacky than sending your kid to public school.

My kid can't take a turkey sandwich, a couple of pickles, some chips, a cup of applesauce, and a home made cinnamon roll for lunch?

School districts are hurting. This is nothing more than a revenue generator.

Everyone eating the same lunch sounds like that C word some people are very afraid of. No rich family is going to let their kids eat public school food.

You don't have to be rich to keep your kids as far away from public schools as possible. You just have to love them more. Uhhhh, let's see a Honda Odyssey or a good education? Hmmm, the Jones down the street will love the room in that minivan!

You don't have to be rich to keep your kids as far away from public schools as possible. You just have to love them more. Uhhhh, let's see a reasonably priced, quality automobile like the Honda Odyssey and a good education or penis envying overpriced sports car and a bad education? Hmmm, the Jones down the street will love my toupee flapping in the breeze as I burn rubber down the lane!

Fixed.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I think that this sums it up.

When I'm at the grocery checkout and I see that half of someone's items on the belt are essentially packaged sugar for their kids, I want to say something. When I see fat parents with fat kids, I want to say something.

Kids do not know any better, but the parents do. Many parents are, without doubt, causing harm to their children or allowing that harm to occur. But I guess that its their "right" to do so.

Perhaps one day, allowing your kid to eat pounds of sugar a day will be looked at the same way as allowing your child to smoke.

Edited by Furd

I think that this sums it up.

When I'm at the grocery checkout and I see that half of someone's items on the belt are essentially packaged sugar for their kids, I want to say something. When I see fat parents with fat kids, I want to say something.

Kids do not know any better, but the parents do. Many parents are, without doubt, causing harm to their children or allowing that harm to occur. But I guess that its their "right" to do so.

Perhaps one day, allowing your kid to eat pounds of sugar a day will be looked at the same way as allowing your child to smoke.

In all fairness, I only give my daughter Ultra Lights.

School districts are hurting. This is nothing more than a revenue generator.

Do schools generate much revenue off their lunch programs? I think my son can purchase a lunch for something like $2. To me it seems like the school board is just over-reaching and making a bad decision. Either that or trying to kill off half the population.

Do schools generate much revenue off their lunch programs? I think my son can purchase a lunch for something like $2. To me it seems like the school board is just over-reaching and making a bad decision. Either that or trying to kill off half the population.

I don't know how much school lunches cost. But if they charge $2 you can bet your ass it only cost them 50 cents to make it.

no they loose money

I don't know how much school lunches cost. But if they charge $2 you can bet your ass it only cost them 50 cents to make it.

wrong

Ok. What's the margin? I seriously doubt they lose money.

They do. That doesn't mean that their aren't kickbacks from the food suppliers to the scholl boards/school administrators for the contracts.

Ok. What's the margin? I seriously doubt they lose money.

have not a clue on the margin but every school budget i have looked at has lunches loosing money.... and they will loose more, as more and more students will need free lunches The feds require schools to provide lunches to those that need it but under fund it like everything else.

the answer might be 3/4 of the way down in this article:

Any school that bans homemade lunches also puts more money in the pockets of the district's food provider, Chartwells-Thompson. The federal government pays the district for each free or reduced-price lunch taken, and the caterer receives a set fee from the district per lunch.

At Little Village, most students must take the meals served in the cafeteria or go hungry or both. During a recent visit to the school, dozens of students took the lunch but threw most of it in the garbage uneaten. Though [Chicago public schools have] improved the nutritional quality of its meals this year, it also has seen a drop-off in meal participation among students, many of whom say the food tastes bad. . . .

A Chicago Public Schools spokeswoman said she could not say how many schools prohibit packed lunches and that decision is left to the judgment of the principals. . . .

For many CPS parents, the idea of forbidding home-packed lunches would be unthinkable. If their children do not qualify for free or reduced-price meals, such a policy would require them to pay $2.25 a day for food they don’t necessarily like.

I'd love to know what the district pays chartwells-thompson per lunch. I'm betting it's slightly less than $2.25. meaning this policy financially benefits the district slightly and their contractor quite a bit. either that or the school takes a slight loss on lunches, but the principal is getting some sort of kickback. all at the expense of (surprise) the taxpayer!