[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Possibly the greatest draft in NFL history coming up

Bronco Billy

CAR ain't taking Newton. If they do, they're stupid. With a new defensive HC in Rivera and if he has any say in who they take, they gotta go defense, imo.

Why do we always assume a HC who used to be a DC is always going to go D? He's the head coach now. if they wanted him to just build the D, they would have hired him to be DC. Not to say they should take Newton, bur rather that I've never found the logic in this argument.

Hell, if anything, you'd think it would work the other way. If the HC is defensively minded, maybe he has faith that he can do more with less on that side of the ball and would want to load up on talent to make up for any lack of expertise he has on the other.

Why do we always assume a HC who used to be a DC is always going to go D? He's the head coach now. if they wanted him to just build the D, they would have hired him to be DC. Not to say they should take Newton, bur rather that I've never found the logic in this argument.

Hell, if anything, you'd think it would work the other way. If the HC is defensively minded, maybe he has faith that he can do more with less on that side of the ball and would want to load up on talent to make up for any lack of expertise he has on the other.

Well, I didn't make any assumptions but I can see how you didn't fully understand my post since I left some stuff out. What I didn't say is that there is no QB worth taking that high in the draft and to pick a WR would be dumb because the lack of a viable QB in CAR. Obviously, RB is a non-issue since they have 2 very capable backs. Taznib would argue that JStew is the best RB that ever entered the NFL.

In addition to K Johnson and Fryar, add Elkins (AFL), Parks as WR. Before that, it was not called WR, so they were considered ends, and #1 ends drafted were Babcock and Hart

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/alltimeno1

This is why I should stop listening to myself.

AT ANY RATE!!!

AJ Green is the logical pick.

In 1 Dynasty league, I have 12 picks, another 10 and one I'm working on a deal to add another 4, lower picks to my already 10 picks.

This is an IDP pick heaven in that depending where some of these kids end up, you could have a 5 rounder starting the season! It's freaking AWESOME!

Couldn't really disagree more...DL is deep but that really is about it and then it really depends on who ends up where (like you said)...the 3-4 could siphon what looked to be depth a DL away quickly...

I should also point out that I am referring to tackle heavy scoring formats.

Couldn't really disagree more...DL is deep but that really is about it and then it really depends on who ends up where (like you said)...the 3-4 could siphon what looked to be depth a DL away quickly...

I should also point out that I am referring to tackle heavy scoring formats.

Agreed. This draft is very weak at every position but WR/DE. LB's are horrible, CB's are average, QB's...well we've beat that horse enough, RB's? I'm pretty sure LeShoure will be taken over Ingrim and that might not even be in the 1st round. I've received some guff over trading picks this year for players.....but you tell me who I should hold out over a proven player. I'm still waiting for that response btw (you know who you are..you sneaky sneak)

And he was a very good player. Only once in his 10 years did he not surpass 800+ receiving yards. He wasn't as great as he could have been coming out, but it's not as if Johnson was a spare.

No argument here. Just pointing out to Taz that Green would not be the 1st WR at 1.01

So, again, why should the owners subject themselves to paying as much for the best of this shabby group as they do for the best of, maybe next year's group which could be much better? And why should the players lose money via salary cap that will be eaten up to a sub-par batch of rookies?

If there's one thing the owners and players should be able to agree on with no problem at all, this is it. Whether your auction idea or a slot system, the money paid on what is no better than a 50-50 crap shoot in most cases is ridiculous.

Love this draft. Absolutely love it.

There are going to be some very good players coming out of it, but mining those guys from the rest is the trick (ad

nd I'm not inferring I'm the guy who knows how to cull the wheat from the chaff).

Very deep at DE with some really solid guys way down the list - and the NFL is in serious need at that position, probably as much as QBs. Looks to be about 4 to 5 solid starting DTs who could help FF teams too at a position that needs an influx of scorers.

The LB crop has at least 6 starters who will put up solid numbers and probably will fill positions almost immediately.

The QBs have been run through the mill pretty well, but the fun part of this draft is that the best one of the bunch may be drafted in rds 3 to 6. It's all going to depend on which guy goes to which team/system.

The RBs are deep but without a bell cow. But again there's going to be guys taken in the 3rd through 6th who will start to shine at the NFL level and be very solid contributors.

TE crop is a lot like the QB crop - everyone has a couple of warts but if the right guy goes into the right system with the right QB they could really get nice production at a position that really needs depth in FF terms.

WRs are an outstanding group with at least two guys earmarked to be studs and about 4 to 5 guys who have the tools to be WR1 at the NFL level, plus enough depth to produce another 4 to 5 guys who will put up good numbers opposite a WR1.

CBs and Ss are weak, with a couple of really good CBs followed by a gaggle of guys who are probably best served as nickle CBs. The Ss are really a weak group.

What I really, really like about this group is that there is going to be value in the second half of FF drafts, especially for IDP leagues. The FF guys who do their homework are going to get some gems.