[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The inner worlds of conspiracy believers

bushwacked

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know what mainstream media means there turbo?

Yeah, I guess not. Anything else you want to add, Mr. Research?

I'm sure with you MSNBC isn't mainstream either. In fact, I'm sure nothing will ever be mainstream if it doesn't fit your BS.

Edited by tosberg34

you know this thread was started based on nonsense

I think the article I originally posted stands up well on its own merits. I don't think it's nonsense whatsoever. Maybe, possibly, you just don't like the valid and accurate points stated in the article. :wacko:

Actually, I can.

And here's the link to the actual story.

But let's ignore this and blame Fox instead because it fits your argument better.

That's a leftist blog. Hardly mainstream media of any kind. If I posted links to Stormfront and the Freepers, you wouldn't call them mainstream media, would you?

You asked for it and you got it and now you deny it. Am I surprised? Nah.

And you must not know the definition of knee-jerk, either. You asked a question and got an answer.

Um, no, you didn't post an answer at all.

Yeah, I guess not. Anything else you want to add, Mr. Research?

I'm sure with you MSNBC isn't mainstream either. In fact, I'm sure nothing will ever be mainstream if it doesn't fit your BS.

Your link is broken but I guess that's kinda fitting in it's way.

Tos, give it up. You are just making yourself look silly.

It is little comments like this that I think get people to start taking shots. It sure seems like you enjoy making the comments that set people off and then you come back with comments about other people throwing insults - It sure seems like a lot of things you post are posted with the intent to get people worked up and it seems like you enjoy it. Said in my opinion.I will admit that I am very opinionated and I throw my opinions out on this site and a lot of people here disagree with it. I also read what other people write and I disagree with a lot of it - rarely do I see the same side of the argument as people like Ursa, BPwallace, Swammi, Clubfoothead, etc but if any of these people came to Green Bay and wanted to have a beer I would gladly partake and I am assuming I would enjoy it and see that these people are good people. From what I read from you I don't think I would enjoy that beer with you. You come across as an antagonist and that is not a trait that I like in people.

Well that is enough on that subject so carry on with the subject of degrading people for believing in conspiracies.

This is exactly right. Bushwacked and DJ are fracking jokes. Bushy keeps falling back on some b.s. claim that I get 'uppity' when people don't agree with me. This claim is completely false. I get uppity when people (bushwacked and DJ) attack ME instead of the issue at hand. They NEVER provide any evidence or valid arguments against what I'm saying, they only attack the statement itself.

In fact, my last post in this thread was one asking bushwacked for specific examples and the like of which esoteric belief of mine he doesn't agree with and he only talks about me. He's offered a half dozen posts since my plea and yet it's the same old thing. Dude's a troll. I'm confident that anyone with basic reading comprehension skills should be able to decipher the reality of the situation. I'm not saying I'm perfect or always right or have never resorted to name calling. But most of the time it's people attacking just the notion of my idea or me directly rather than coming back with facts/evidence that supports their point of view. A perfect example of this is Ursa Majors. Ursa almost always disagrees with me but he usually does so with points of his own that at least offer something valid (at least to him), something of evidence (regardless of what I think of it). Ursa is vocal against my views but yet him and I don't name call each other, it's evidence vs evidence, his view vs mine not me vs him - which is what a discussion should be. Bushy and DJ on the other hand, just come at me and rarely if ever provide anything specific regarding the topic at hand.

No. But if we want to keep talking about me instead of the subject at hand, maybe you can start another thread? Then we can post about my awesomeness until the cows come home.

So you want to deflect attention from yourself back onto me which is why you started this thread? You are a coward and a joke of a character.

this.

the grand conspiracies don't make a shred of sense, simply because there is no way the secret wouldn't slip out at some point. and quite frankly, the "elites" aren't nearly intelligent enough to carry all of this crap out...and why on earth would they? I look at the "elites" and I see lots of things....greed, sanctimony, arrogance, the will to power, sometimes an earnest desire to "fix" the world by shaping it in their image...and a whole lot of sort of comical incompetence. they are mostly pretty damn transparent.

when I was a kid, I was afraid of monsters. then I grew up, and put away childish irrational fears. some people are a little slow in that respect. :tup:

But the secrets DO slip out which is usually how/why the conspiracy theory is out there to begin with. :wacko:

History is littered with lies, deciept and conspiracies from governments and the elite. What makes you think that is no longer the case?

But the secrets DO slip out which is usually how/why the conspiracy theory is out there to begin with. :wacko:

History is littered with lies, deciept and conspiracies from governments and the elite. What makes you think that is no longer the case?

ok, exactly what examples of grand conspiracy theories being proven true do you have in mind? :tup:

That's a leftist blog. Hardly mainstream media of any kind. If I posted links to Stormfront and the Freepers, you wouldn't call them mainstream media, would you?

Um, no, you didn't post an answer at all.

Your link is broken but I guess that's kinda fitting in it's way.

Tos, give it up. You are just making yourself look silly.

Of course I posted an answer. You look foolish trying to refute facts. Besides, the link works for me and it's from one of your favorite sites: MSNBC.com. Read and eat your words. Or are you going to pretend MSNBC isn't mainstream media too?

NEW YORK — A 25-year-old from Georgia who was apparently distraught over President Bush’s re-election shot and killed himself at Ground Zero.

Andrew Veal’s body was found Saturday morning inside the off-limits site, said Steve Coleman, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. A shotgun was found nearby, but no suicide note was found, Coleman said.

Newsday, citing a police source it did not identify, reported Sunday that Veal opposed the war in Iraq and was apparently distraught after the election.

Friends said Veal worked in a computer lab at the University of Georgia and was planning to marry.

“I’m absolutely sure it’s a protest,” Mary Anne Mauney, Veal’s supervisor at the lab, told The Daily News. “I don’t know what made him commit suicide, but where he did it was symbolic.”

Police were investigating how Veal entered the former World Trade Center site, which is protected by high fences and owned by the Port Authority.

Who looks silly now?

Edited by tosberg34

Bushy keeps falling back on some b.s. claim that I get 'uppity' when people don't agree with me. This claim is completely false.

Dude, sorry for calling you uppity.

Your stupidity and close-mindedness never disappoints!!

you are in fact a sheep with no ability to think critically or rationally.

If truth were snow, you couldn't hit it if you fell off a ski lift.

You are such a moronic troll,

You are a coward and a joke of a character.

I apologize again for calling you uppity, can you somehow find it in your heart to forgive me?

Edited by bushwacked

Of course I posted an answer. You look foolish trying to refute facts. Besides, the link works for me and it's from one of your favorite sites: MSNBC.com. Read and eat your words. Or are you going to pretend MSNBC isn't mainstream media too?

Who looks silly now?

Well, you do. The link gives a 404 error but never mind. There are witnesses in this story to say that this guy killed himself because Bush got re-elected. Hardly a suicide matter, I'd have thought, but whatever.

Please produce a witness who says the student killed himself because of Obama's speech.

Back in a week. That should give you enough time to learn how to work this Innerwebs thingy.

Dude, sorry for calling you uppity.

I apologize again for calling you uppity, can you somehow find it in your heart to forgive me?

You started this thread to mock me. Can you be more blatant with your hypocrisy?!?!?!

Anyways, your partially quoted posts are predictable as usual. :wacko:

Let me finish that for you:

Bushy keeps falling back on some b.s. claim that I get 'uppity' when people don't agree with me. This claim is completely false. I get uppity when people (bushwacked and DJ) attack ME instead of the issue at hand. They NEVER provide any evidence or valid arguments against what I'm saying, they only attack the statement itself.

I'll be honest in that I started this thread after I read Brent's post here (a thread I didn't even post in :tup:): http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=3418775

Brent is a big boy, he's states what he thinks and then usually gets uppity when people don't agree with him. The article in the OP of this thread nails it on the head. Maybe one shouldn't routinely make grandiose statements, usually laced with personal insults to other members, if he can't handle a rather mundane thread like this. Jumping to Brent's defense here while he continues to insult DJ and others is a.....:wacko: You two are just desperate to take a shot at the great one.

Avernuts, maybe you should just not read me anymore, or you maybe you can make yet another post in this thread obsessing about me.

Wow at this thread . .

I consider myself a pretty fortunate guy. I make a good living, I mianly enjoy what I do, and I am able to provide for my family in a way that I never thought I would be able to do at my age. I have an amazing wife, I have hobbies I enjoy and I like where I live. I realize that I have it better than over 90% of the rest of the world that is struggling to get clean water every day. I simply dont have the time, energy or inclination to bother worrying about stuff that is out of my control. To me, that is really wasting your short time here on earth . . .

How empty is your everyday life if you obsess about global conspiracies and constantly seek out some ethereal concept of "greater truth" that you remain angry and fail to enjoy and live life? How much do you hate your life that you have to revert to blaming others or a "conspiracy" that is holding you down? What is the end game result of all this crap?

Brent, none of the above is specific to you, but to conspiracy theorists in general. but specifically to you, are you happy? Are you happy with your life? If you are, then what possible gain you get from this stuff? Does it make you happy to obsess about things completely out of your control? Man . . . I enjoy reading your posts most of the time, much like I enjoy buying discount books at Barnes and Noble that talk about "what if" moments in history and conspiracy theories. But to me that is idle escapism. It appears to you it is a bitter, bitter way of life.

Brent I sincerely like reading your posts about some of this stuff. I think you get waaay too much crap for some of it, but that crap isnt based on what you write about conspiracy theories, it is about how you deliver your message. You act condescending and superior to anyone that disagrees with you. You label them as sheep and uncaring of the REAL truth that only you are enlightened enough to bravely seek out against the power of the Illuminati, global elite, and Colonel Sanders with his addictive chicken recipie.

Maybe if you delivered your message in a slightly less dickish manner, you might be able to "enlighten" more people. :wacko:

But on a more tangible basis . . what are you doing personally to change this system besides post youtube videos made in darkened basements? What are you doing to change the status quo? Or do you just derive satisfaction from the pursuit, rather than have an endgame in mind? (seriously asking . . )

It's not about having an empty life, it's about having a deep kinship with the universe and caring about the future of humanity. And you're wrong, everything bad within the system IS within our control because WE are the system. We feed the system. We are allowing the system to function through compliance. But this is only a system on paper, an idea and set of rules written by men who care not about humanity but only power, money and control. As a father, how could you not want to change the system?

You know something bushwacked - If I had a few people tell me that what I am doing is wrong or in bad taste I think I would stop and look back at what I have done or said and then apologize.

I have said things here that were meant to be a joke or tongue in cheek that offended people and it actually made me feel bad and I have apologized.

If your intent is to degrade people and get people to throw verbal barbs at you like calling you a troll you are very good at what you do. I think you get off when you can provoke someone to take shots at you and it is very very sad.

Well, you do. The link gives a 404 error but never mind. There are witnesses in this story to say that this guy killed himself because Bush got re-elected. Hardly a suicide matter, I'd have thought, but whatever.

Please produce a witness who says the student killed himself because of Obama's speech.

Back in a week. That should give you enough time to learn how to work this Innerwebs thingy.

Hardly a suicide matter? What do you think suicide means? The guy killed himself and then they blamed it on Bush and apparently MSNBC had no problem running with it.

Sorry you're not able to look at the facts with your lefty-colored glasses on. Bushwacked asked for a story as awful as the one he posted and I gave him not one, but two. I was expecting him and people of the same ilk to refute the story because it doesn't fit with your "conservatives are bad" philosophy. But, basically, ANYTHING that doesn't support your lefty views of the world is wrong for one reason or another. You'll always find a reason to poo-poo - it's just a matter of what ridiculous lengths you'll go to do so.

Don't know what to say about the 404 error you're getting but maybe you should upgrade you're browser from IE 4.0 to IE 9. Works fine for me - in fact, your boyfriend bushwacked had no problem with the link so it's most likely you. Aren't you some kind of IT Help Desk Supervisor? I'm surprised you're having problems and that you can't figure it out. Maybe you should call in to your Help Desk and one of your subordinates can help you.

Now I'll give you a week to come up with some close-minded response again. I'll check back on the 27th for some pretentious, smarmy answer.

Edited by tosberg34

Ursa said you need to be certifiable to believe in a 911 conspiracy, not me, I only said uppity. :wacko:

Bushwacked, welcome to the doghouse :tup:

Well, It's not like I waited for someone to die and then rubbed their friend's nose in it.

Seriously guys, I know you want to make it about me, but this thread isn't about me. For a few of you, talking about me is something you can't control. You guys just need to make a thread about me and I'll tell you all about how the great one gets it done. We won't need to pin it, because you guys will always bump it to the top because you will be posting about me.

Brent. What do you define as "humanity"? You constantly refer to your search for truth and "humanity" as if people that don't agree with you are some kind of alien trying to undermine all the humans.

Thanks bp....I can't control the fan base, but hopefully they discuss.

Edited by bushwacked

It's not about having an empty life, it's about having a deep kinship with the universe and caring about the future of humanity. And you're wrong, everything bad within the system IS within our control because WE are the system. We feed the system. We are allowing the system to function through compliance. But this is only a system on paper, an idea and set of rules written by men who care not about humanity but only power, money and control. As a father, how could you not want to change the system?

Brett. What does having a kinship with the universe even mean?!? You start with actual facts about the fed, which is very I formative and interesting. Then you spin off into "the future of humanity"?? How on earth do you tie the two together? Are you Implying that greed=inhuman and not "in kinship with the universe"?

Isn't that just human nature? Or is the 99.9% of the world INhuman for having greedy impulses?

I still do t see your link between humanity being equal to believing conspiracy theories about a secret cabal that manipulates monetary policy.