[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The inner worlds of conspiracy believers

bushwacked

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett. What does having a kinship with the universe even mean?!? You start with actual facts about the fed, which is very I formative and interesting. Then you spin off into "the future of humanity"?? How on earth do you tie the two together? Are you Implying that greed=inhuman and not "in kinship with the universe"?

Isn't that just human nature? Or is the 99.9% of the world INhuman for having greedy impulses?

I still do t see your link between humanity being equal to believing conspiracy theories about a secret cabal that manipulates monetary policy.

It means having an understanding that my current life is not as significant as the human mind will have us believe. It's not about living in the now to make only MY life good. I guess you can relate it to God but I'm not a religious man, so I equate it to a spiritual world in which all living things are it's components. It's believing that we are not here to serve our immediate cravings or material possesions, we are here for a GREATER purpose, one that I believe ends with people living in harmony and serving each other.

The system that's in place now, one that is the just an idea of a few - is not the system that has to be, nor do I believe is it a system that was intended. The more I think about it, I am gravitating toward more a religious (Godly) view - good vs evil. I was raised Catholic but am in no way religious or even a believer. Although, I may have come full circle, but I don't view God in a traditional sense. I view it as the universe where each living animal is a part of the whole. The catholic belief is more the view of 1 being or entity that rules over man. But I see it more as that we're all that entity and there are good and evil forces that try to manipulate this massive organism. This is getting a little out there and away from anything that I'm firm in my beliefs about, but that's the correlation as best as I can explain it right now (on a Sunday hanging with my family).

Bottom line: we are all people and all equal on a universal scale. No group of people should be controlling the larger group, especially when that control only serves to enhance the lives and well-being of a few. I have a grander vision for humans in mind, one that is not trapped by a system created from greed.

I get uppity when people (bushwacked and DJ) attack ME instead of the issue at hand. They NEVER provide any evidence or valid arguments against what I'm saying, they only attack the statement itself.

Slow down there champ. Once again, this post was regarding the "inner worlds of conspiracy believers" not your specific beliefs. Do I believe that the post was started because of you? Sure I do. But I don't see it as an attack.

You want to believe in astrology, lizard men and soylent green? Fine. You want to stand on a soap box and preach to the masses in hopes that you might help others see the truth you believe is there? Once again fine. But you've got to be prepared to get some pushback when you continually rail on the stuff you do, especially when you paint other intelligent, deep-thinking adults as blind (narrow minded, thick head, slaves, etc). This is especially true when coupled with you telling these people how you are quite the opposite of these things.

You said I never provide any evidence or vaid arguments against what you are saying. That's probably because I've never really taken too much exception to the things you subscribe to. Heck, anything is possible. I'm an X-Files fan. My wife has Fox Mulders "I want to Believe" poster in her studio. Its just that I have to pick and chose the things I invest myself in and I honestly don't see what you are doing as trying to educate others. If the stuff you say is as big as you say and as important as you say, than I'd expect you to communicate the information a little differently.

Your views and beliefs are in the minority and would make you one of a handful of people (vs the masses) privy to them, if true.

That makes every individual you can communicate your message to precious. This is especially true when you consider that these guys are so powerful that they're likely to shut down the message to keep their place, power, wealth and secrets. You'd also have to expect right from the get go, that most of the people you'd need to get to are already indoctrinated, poisoned consumers. But if real change is ever going to be made, it would have to be by converting the blind because they are the gas and the gears of the machine.

You'd figure you'd have to get resistance in what you are saying, because this has been happening for years. People are raised in a system of indoctrination and the guys who give us our "facts" are good at what they do. Can you blame them? But that's what you are working against and it is too important not to. For your kids, for your grandkids and for the world. But I don't get any of that from you and that is why I haven't read the stuff you've posted.

I mean - how many people in this world want to tell you their truths? It would be impossible to evaluate all of them and report back to the person looking to educate you. You just have to pick and chose. That's why I haven't done much reading on the good side of Satanism or healing powers of anal fisting.

In your case, the message and the way you communicate it don't jive to me. There are just much better ways to communicate a message. It is also surprising to me that you would not only see pushback from people indoctrinated in the system as an attack on you, but also react to it as an attack.

Edited by Duchess Jack

I mean - how many people in this world want to tell you their truths? It would be impossible to evaluate all of them and report back to the person looking to educate you. You just have to pick and chose. That's why I haven't done much reading on the... healing powers of anal fisting.

Should I start a new thread or hijak this one?

Edited by SEC=UGA

Slow down there champ. Once again, this post was regarding the "inner worlds of conspiracy believers" not your specific beliefs. Do I believe that the post was started because of you? Sure I do. But I don't see it as an attack.

You want to believe in astrology, lizard men and soylent green? Fine. You want to stand on a soap box and preach to the masses in hopes that you might help others see the truth you believe is there? Once again fine. But you've got to be prepared to get some pushback when you continually rail on the stuff you do, especially when you paint other intelligent, deep-thinking adults as blind (narrow minded, thick head, slaves, etc). This is especially true when coupled with you telling these people how you are quite the opposite of these things.

You said I never provide any evidence or vaid arguments against what you are saying. That's probably because I've never really taken too much exception to the things you subscribe to. Heck, anything is possible. I'm an X-Files fan. My wife has Fox Mulders "I want to Believe" poster in her studio. Its just that I have to pick and chose the things I invest myself in and I honestly don't see what you are doing as trying to educate others. If the stuff you say is as big as you say and as important as you say, than I'd expect you to communicate the information a little differently.

Your views and beliefs are in the minority and would make you one of a handful of people (vs the masses) privy to them, if true.

That makes every individual you can communicate your message to precious. This is especially true when you consider that these guys are so powerful that they're likely to shut down the message to keep their place, power, wealth and secrets. You'd also have to expect right from the get go, that most of the people you'd need to get to are already indoctrinated, poisoned consumers. But if real change is ever going to be made, it would have to be by converting the blind because they are the gas and the gears of the machine.

You'd figure you'd have to get resistance in what you are saying, because this has been happening for years. People are raised in a system of indoctrination and the guys who give us our "facts" are good at what they do. Can you blame them? But that's what you are working against and it is too important not to. For your kids, for your grandkids and for the world. But I don't get any of that from you and that is why I haven't read the stuff you've posted.

I mean - how many people in this world want to tell you their truths? It would be impossible to evaluate all of them and report back to the person looking to educate you. You just have to pick and chose. That's why I haven't done much reading on the good side of Satanism or healing powers of anal fisting.

In your case, the message and the way you communicate it don't jive to me. There are just much better ways to communicate a message. It is also surprising to me that you would not only see pushback from people indoctrinated in the system as an attack on you, but also react to it as an attack.

I haven't gotten the sense that you were attacking Brent, I thought it was more-so Bushy and a few others taking small jabs and while I am one of the labeled "nutjobs" on these forums by a few (or many?), I will say that I'm not into astrology, but there is definitely something behind it.....and :tup: I never saw Brent say he was into the Lizard people conspiracy.....I'm open minded and I still find the lizard people conspiracy to be hilarious...

but with the way things are in this world, that will probably end up being the only true conspiracy theory while all the plausible ones are just made-up :lol:

I already forget what my point was, ....oh well :wacko:

It means having an understanding that my current life is not as significant as the human mind will have us believe. It's not about living in the now to make only MY life good. I guess you can relate it to God but I'm not a religious man, so I equate it to a spiritual world in which all living things are it's components. It's believing that we are not here to serve our immediate cravings or material possesions, we are here for a GREATER purpose, one that I believe ends with people living in harmony and serving each other.

The system that's in place now, one that is the just an idea of a few - is not the system that has to be, nor do I believe is it a system that was intended. The more I think about it, I am gravitating toward more a religious (Godly) view - good vs evil. I was raised Catholic but am in no way religious or even a believer. Although, I may have come full circle, but I don't view God in a traditional sense. I view it as the universe where each living animal is a part of the whole. The catholic belief is more the view of 1 being or entity that rules over man. But I see it more as that we're all that entity and there are good and evil forces that try to manipulate this massive organism. This is getting a little out there and away from anything that I'm firm in my beliefs about, but that's the correlation as best as I can explain it right now (on a Sunday hanging with my family).

Bottom line: we are all people and all equal on a universal scale. No group of people should be controlling the larger group, especially when that control only serves to enhance the lives and well-being of a few. I have a grander vision for humans in mind, one that is not trapped by a system created from greed.

Soooo . . . you kinda believe in the Force and want to be a Jedi? :wacko:

Brent, you still havent answered my question about humanity, and how that weaves into the different theories about monentary policy. By reading your posts, you allude to good vs evil, but when applied to some of the fiscal things we discuss, arent you more referencing moral vs immoral behavior? Good vs evil is a very very religious based concept that implies retribution beyond this life. Unless you want to get into a "seven deadly sins" discussion (which would be awesome). Humans are by their very natore, imperfect beings that are prone to lapses in judgement and make immoral choices. Are you saying that when someone makes an immoral choice that they are not only making a bad choice, but now they are INhuman as well?

You also refer to how your life is not as significant as you would think, but want that life to be in teh service of helping others which is very noble. (now dont be pissed at this part, I am asking a serious question . .ok?) Are you casting yourself as a Jesus-style martyr that has

a grander vision for humans in mind, one that is not trapped by a system created from greed.
? Brent dont you work for the financial service industry? So arent you, by your actions, helping to contribute to the vision of the world that you privately abhor? Isnt that a massive contradiction in both message and actions?

Also, can you elaborate on your grander vision for humans? And what do you define as "humanity"?

BTW, if you just watch a video of WTC 7 collapsing, it seems obvious, at least to me, that it was a controlled demolition. But I'm not going to get into that here.

The only problem that I have with this is that we have plenty of examples of a controlled demolition to review, but we definitely do not have plenty of examples of planes flying into buildings to review. It might be that the buildings collapse in pretty much the same way in both cases. Saying that it looks like a controlled demolition does not mean that it is not what it appears to be, which is planes flying into a building. And while I'm definitely open to new eveidence and ideas, I think that the further away we get from that day, the less likely it is that some new bit of clarifying evidence will emerge. It makes for some very interesting discussions though. Sincerely.

In general, when it comes to theories (whether conspiratorial or not) about who controls the world, I think at some point you have to focus your energy and your hopes somewhere else. Civilizations rise and fall. If you get too caught up in it, you will have wasted your short time here on something that ultimately doesn't matter much.

Soooo . . . you kinda believe in the Force and want to be a Jedi? :tup:

Brent, you still havent answered my question about humanity, and how that weaves into the different theories about monentary policy. By reading your posts, you allude to good vs evil, but when applied to some of the fiscal things we discuss, arent you more referencing moral vs immoral behavior? Good vs evil is a very very religious based concept that implies retribution beyond this life. Unless you want to get into a "seven deadly sins" discussion (which would be awesome). Humans are by their very natore, imperfect beings that are prone to lapses in judgement and make immoral choices. Are you saying that when someone makes an immoral choice that they are not only making a bad choice, but now they are INhuman as well?

You also refer to how your life is not as significant as you would think, but want that life to be in teh service of helping others which is very noble. (now dont be pissed at this part, I am asking a serious question . .ok?) Are you casting yourself as a Jesus-style martyr that has? Brent dont you work for the financial service industry? So arent you, by your actions, helping to contribute to the vision of the world that you privately abhor? Isnt that a massive contradiction in both message and actions?

Also, can you elaborate on your grander vision for humans? And what do you define as "humanity"?

:wacko:

:waitingforbrentsresponse:

Bottom line: we are all people and all equal on a universal scale.

:raises the BS flag:

There will always be leaders and followers in any animal hierarchy. If you do not believe humans behave in an animal-pack mentality you need to go take some biology classes. Equality is something that is bantered about by a group of individuals who wish to overtake the current leadership with their own, nothing more. The selfless imposition of one's own ideals on the group is simply a ruse for a power-grab.

There will always be leaders and followers in any animal hierarchy. If you do not believe humans behave in an animal-pack mentality you need to go take some biology classes. Equality is something that is bantered about by a group of individuals who wish to overtake the current leadership with their own, nothing more. The selfless imposition of one's own ideals on the group is simply a ruse for a power-grab.

This....is brilliant. I am now a fan of jetsfan! :wacko:

Edited by tosberg34

All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.

I wasn't going to add this, but I haven't finished my coffee yet.

I was going through some Brent posts to show catalog those times he goes after people who might not believe what he believes (and what they might have said to set him off), when I found the below post. It comes across as kind of relevant to the original article in this thread. I wanted to put it out there to suggest that the article wasn't an attack on Brent, but a professional's observations about your typical conspiricy theorists and that it might be somewhat relevant.

It was from Brent's post titled: Planet Nibiru, Anunnaki and Sumaria, Any believers out there?

The whole nature of my being is to find the answers to life that are hidden - the big picture of what humans are, how we became and what the universe is and how it operates. I've always been a contrarian, but not because I just want to be different, it's a deeper more profound part of me that it's just more natural to follow a more esoteric path through life. I have all of these little theories on life, what could be, what is, what's important, what's real, elliott waves, the universe, the power of thoughts etc... I'm a loner by nature, I am an only child who lived a sheltered childhood and basically my favorite hobby is just thinking or daydreaming.... A LOT. I spend most of my free time, not hanging out with friends but just thinking about everything. I have exactly 2 friends that are my soulmates simply because they view the world similarly and it's healthy to bounce are similar but varying ideas off each other - it promotes validity and structure. Anyways, I have recently discovered another piece to this eternal puzzle (noted in the subject line) and it's really exciting because it just makes so much damn sense. It's basically a more complete picture of an idea I've already tinkered with but with little basis or facts to back it up.

I'm sure most, if not all of you, will never give this a 2nd thought or a realistic chance and I understand that. But if any of you do have some knowledge on this, please share your thoughts in this thread or via PM - although what's the fun in that. Who knows, we might spark something new in somebody else on here. If I could equate this new piece of information to my progression with guitar, it's like I just made the link to all the notes I play in the key of G to a certiain mode.

Anyways, discuss if you so desire - or flame me for being a :wacko: - it won't affect my approach to life or my contribution to these boards.

from the original post

Goertzel says the new study provides an intriguing but partial look at the inner workings of conspiracy thinking. Such convictions critically depend on what he calls “selective skepticism.” Conspiracy believers are highly doubtful about information from the government or other sources they consider suspect. But, without criticism, believers accept any source that supports their preconceived views, he says.

“Arguments advanced by conspiracy theorists tell you more about the believer than about the event,” Goertzel says.

Swami’s finding that 9/11 conspiracy believers frequently spoke with likeminded individuals supports the notion that “conspiracy thinkers constitute a community of believers,” remarks historian Robert Goldberg of the University of Utah in Salt Lake City. Goldberg has studied various conspiracy theories in the United States.

Conspiracy thinkers share an optimistic conviction that they can find “the truth,” spread it to the masses and foster social change, Goldberg asserts.

Edited by Duchess Jack

I wasn't going to add this, but I haven't finished my coffee yet.

I was going through some Brent posts to show catalog those times he goes after people who might not believe what he believes (and what they might have said to set him off), when I found the below post. It comes across as kind of relevant to the original article in this thread. I wanted to put it out there to suggest that the article wasn't an attack on Brent, but a professional's observations about your typical conspiricy theorists and that it might be somewhat relevant.

It was from Brent's post titled: Planet Nibiru, Anunnaki and Sumaria, Any believers out there?

from the original post

:tup:

Really, man? You have me gaggin' over here. I'm gonna make 2 quick points and then let you fisherman troll for minnows.

1 - From the quoted article (posted by you) below: if you substitute the term '9/11 conspiracy thinkers' with any other group of individuals, you get the same result. I took the text below and used 'Fantasy Football' instead of '9/11 conspiracy thinkers'. I also used ESPN/CBS instead of government. I think you'll be surprised by the 'findings' of this 'expert' :wacko:

Goertzel says the new study provides an intriguing but partial look at the inner workings of fantasy football thinking. Such convictions critically depend on what he calls “selective skepticism.” Fantasy football believers are highly doubtful about information from ESPN/CBS or other sources they consider suspect. But, without criticism, fantasy football believers accept any source that supports their preconceived views, he says.

“Arguments advanced by fantasy football theorists tell you more about the believer than about the event,” Goertzel says.

Swami’s finding that fantasy football theorists frequently spoke with likeminded individuals supports the notion that “fantasy football thinkers constitute a community of believers,” remarks historian Robert Goldberg of the University of Utah in Salt Lake City. Goldberg has studied various fantasy football theories in the United States.

Fantasy football thinkers share an optimistic conviction that they can find “the perfect analysis,” spread it to the masses and foster social change, Goldberg asserts.

2 - You took this quote of mine (below) and completely ignored the bolded portions You then attempted to make the correlation with the bolded from the above quoted article:

I have exactly 2 friends that are my soulmates simply because they view the world similarly and it's healthy to bounce our similar but varying ideas off each other - it promotes validity and structure.

Still on my 2nd point, your assumption that my 2 friends also believe in the same 'fantasy football theories' as me is completely wrong, fyi.