[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philly area Huddlers

Avernus

seriously, we have the Phillies, 76ers and Flyers on at the same time and they can't offer even remotely somewhat of decent quality for reception.......:wacko:

anyone else getting the same thing?....I barely get a chance to watch a game anymore and when I do.....Comcast drops the ball....

alright...that feels a lot better....::picks up vagina and walks away::

I've always known that Comcast sucks....but on this level, it's pretty bad....all 3 games are funked for me and I gave up on even watching....lots of freezing and glitching....

It sucks for Philly fans that Comcast has you guys by the nuts.

I'm about a hop and a step away from cancelling.....I don't even get around to watching a game anymore anyways....unless it's Football...

considering I rarely get to watch a game....tonight has been the last straw...

I used to despise Comcast until they started offering the NFLN RedZone Channel for $5.

Now I tolerate their chitty service because I'd much rather pay that then go to a two year contract with DirectTV and pay $300-400 a season for Sunday Ticket + RedZone

Edited by kpholmes

Comshaft's suckitude is not confined to Pennsylvania.

True, but we get hosed more than the rest of the country by them. You can't get Comcast on DirecTv in/around Philly. It's the only place in the country where Comcast is available that you can't get it on DirectTv. Sucks, too, because I was at my BIL on Saturday and couldn't watch the Flyers/Sabres because he has DirecTv.

Luckily, I have Verizon FiOS, so I get Comcast and can see all the games.

True, but we get hosed more than the rest of the country by them. You can't get Comcast on DirecTv in/around Philly. It's the only place in the country where Comcast is available that you can't get it on DirectTv. Sucks, too, because I was at my BIL on Saturday and couldn't watch the Flyers/Sabres because he has DirecTv.

Luckily, I have Verizon FiOS, so I get Comcast and can see all the games.

+1

I can't even watch the Flyers because of Comcast and their issue with DTV :wacko:

+1

I can't even watch the Flyers because of Comcast and their issue with DTV :wacko:

It's because the Philadelphia region is the home base for Comcast and they are a land-based system here. So...FiOS and other land-based systems must be allowed to carry Comcast. Whereas DTV and other over-the-air or satellite systems and prohibited. Go to Chicago or Washington D.C and you can get Comcast on DTV.

How so?

I witched to Verizon about 6 months ago, pay about $30 less than before, and get phenomenal HD reception of all the channels I used to get (and more, actually), including TCN and all their Philly sports coverage.:wacko:

I had Comcast for about a year at our previous place. We loved it. Good value, top-shelf picture and, as has been mentioned, NFL Network + Red Zone (and golf and hockey and baseball channels that I never watched) for $5/mo. Total cost for 6-meg internet, HD cable and the sports was $70/mo. :wacko:

How so?

I witched to Verizon about 6 months ago, pay about $30 less than before, and get phenomenal HD reception of all the channels I used to get (and more, actually), including TCN and all their Philly sports coverage.:wacko:

I'm glad that choice works for you. Comcast has Philly sports fans by the nuts, because they can not choose to go to Directv if they want to get Philly sports (baseball, hockey, basketball). So, someone who wants the DirecTV football package is screwed because they can't get their games.

I'm glad that choice works for you. Comcast has Philly sports fans by the nuts, because they can not choose to go to Directv if they want to get Philly sports (baseball, hockey, basketball). So, someone who wants the DirecTV football package is screwed because they can't get their games.

the thing under swammi's name says "philly"...so I assumed he was hurt by this as well, but his post somewhat baffles me...

the thing under swammi's name says "philly"...so I assumed he was hurt by this as well, but his post somewhat baffles me...

not at all...never had DTV, never will.

I had Comcast all my life, but the switch to Verizon was all about saving major dollars for a few years. We had the FioS lines installed in our neighborhood two years ago, and they have been ultra-aggressive in trying to lure new subscribers to make the investment worth it. Once Comcast was forced to allow Verizon to carry their network here locally, the choice at that point was apples-to-apples in terms of the content. It then became all about the price.

I paid about $160 all-in for Comcast Triple Play with HD. I pay $132 for two years for the exact same services, plus a handful of movie channels I got them to throw in, plus a free DVR in three rooms (vs. just one with Comcast, though I don't really need three), and faster internet, when I switched to Verizon 5 months ago. That saves me some solid ching ($336 a year) for a better-quality product.

When my contract is up, I will negotiate with both companies again....whoever saves me the most money for the same service gets my business.

Pretty simple, no?

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

I had Comcast all my life, but the switch to Verizon was all about saving major dollars for a few years. We had the FioS lines installed in our neighborhood two years ago, and they have been ultra-aggressive in trying to lure new subscribers to make the investment worth it. Once Comcast was forced to allow Verizon to carry their network here locally, the choice at that point was apples-to-apples in terms of the content. It then became all about the price.

I paid about $160 all-in for Comcast Triple Play with HD. I pay $132 for two years for the exact same services, plus a handful of movie channels I got them to throw in, plus a free DVR in three rooms (vs. just one with Comcast, though I don't really need three), and faster internet, when I switched to Verizon 5 months ago. That saves me some solid ching ($336 a year) for a better-quality product.

When my contract is up, I will negotiate with both companies again....whoever saves me the most money for the same service gets my business.

Pretty simple, no?

it's a no-brainer.....I just don't have FioS available to me right now :wacko:

So your beef is with Verizon for not having coverage, and for Comcast for taking advantage of the monopoly it currently enjoys.

apparently it's not going to last much longer....but the way I see it, I don't even care for TV anymore - especially at the price I pay....

anything that I actually do watch is available on blu-ray, VuDu or Netflix......

VuDu :wacko:

Pretty simple, no?

Simple for you ? Yes, and I'm glad it works for you.

However, if you are a Philadelphia sports fan and you want to have the Sunday Ticket and also have the ability to watch the Phillies, Flyers and Sixers on TV, you are screwed, therefore, they have those people by the nuts.