[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mr. Irrelevant 2011

buddahj

Ya know, maybe I'm just a cheese-ball, but I would have liked to have seen the Texans select Mark Herzlich, the LB from Boston College who fought off cancer. The dude actually has some skills, and it would have been a nice story. Sure, the Texans drafted a good kid from a local college, which is cool and all... but it would have been beyond cool had they taken Herzlich. :wacko: Anyone else agree?

Oh, and I grew up in the city next door to Newport Beach, CA, where they hold the Mr. Irrelevant activities. It was never a big deal when I lived there.

Ya know, maybe I'm just a cheese-ball, but I would have liked to have seen the Texans select Mark Herzlich, the LB from Boston College who fought off cancer. The dude actually has some skills, and it would have been a nice story. Sure, the Texans drafted a good kid from a local college, which is cool and all... but it would have been beyond cool had they taken Herzlich. :wacko: Anyone else agree?

Oh, and I grew up in the city next door to Newport Beach, CA, where they hold the Mr. Irrelevant activities. It was never a big deal when I lived there.

Yeah, I was actually really disappointed he didn't get drafted. I would've liked seeing his reaction to being drafted.

I saw him on game changers on NFL Network, it was great.

Edited by Patsfan39

+1 How does a team not take a shot here? This guy was a potential top 10 going into 2009 before the diagnosis. Bowers is taken late 2nd, Herzlich not drafted = :boggle:

+1 How does a team not take a shot here? This guy was a potential top 10 going into 2009 before the diagnosis. Bowers is taken late 2nd, Herzlich not drafted = :boggle:

I think it was a need situation. They moved Connor Barwin from the DE role to utilize his 3-4 abilities at LB under Wade Phillips. JJ. Watts will be a nice replacement for Barwin in that role.

Granted, I do agree that many missed out on a potential opportunity but I do think he ends up on a teams practice squad to see if he is able to recover from treatments. I don't know what kind of treatment he got, but if he got chemo, that chit is horrible and degrades the bones exponentially. I think there is a risk factor and many team will be willing to risk it, but take their time brining him back up.

I think it was a need situation. They moved Connor Barwin from the DE role to utilize his 3-4 abilities at LB under Wade Phillips. JJ. Watts will be a nice replacement for Barwin in that role.

Question was more "all 32 teams in general" - I'm shocked no one was able to spend a 7th or compensatory pick on the guy.

Plus this guy now can possibly pick where he wants to go. Maybe Houston was a not a good situation. I am guessing it is better to not get drafted than it is to be the last guy drafted. Maybe - maybe not???

Normally it's better to not get drafted that late so you can go to wherever you want (providing a few teams offer of course) but this year with the lockout there are no FA signings so these guys can't do anything regarding the NFL until it gets lifted.