[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crabtree going forward?

mrbass24

People are jumping all over Jordy Nelson's jock after a good run in the playoffs, Drivers age/health concerns, and the fact that the Packer offense is nothing short of excellent. But yeah, to have him ranked #29 in a non-PPR format seems a little goofy.

Especially since they took Randall Cobb in the 2nd round of the draft...thats a headscratcher.

Randall Cobb isn't viewed as the no.2. He's more Antwan Randle El than Percy Harvin. I see him as a no.3wr slot guy, kick returner, punt returner. He's not Jordy Nelson's competition.

People are jumping all over Jordy Nelson's jock after a good run in the playoffs, Drivers age/health concerns, and the fact that the Packer offense is nothing short of excellent. But yeah, to have him ranked #29 in a non-PPR format seems a little goofy.

The best thing is when people knock James Jones for his drops but forget all about nelson's ability to drop the easiest catch at times. Nelson's biggest threat to starting is James Jones, not Cobb. Of course, someone will have to actually outplay Driver to get into that spot to begin with.

Fun fact: James Jones had the lowest drop percentage for the Packers receiving corps sans Greg Jennings.

:wacko:

Aaron Rodgers is your leader, and the Hick from the Sticks probably never got a detention in high school. Either way I don't think he deserves the 29th spot.

I honestly was thinking the same thing but who would you put on this list over him?

Edited by osu1322

Honestly, to me they're interchangable. Neither at this point show me that they're fulltime starters at this point, just really good no.3's.

Yeah, we totally had this conversation last off-season. Driver is still there... of course, a year older and Nelson did have a nice post-season, but still. I don't get the hype. I'm not on the Cobb wagon either.

Yeah, we totally had this conversation last off-season. Driver is still there... of course, a year older and Nelson did have a nice post-season, but still. I don't get the hype. I'm not on the Cobb wagon either.

Nelson had nice stats. I just watched the super bowl for the 7-8th time and Nelson's drops were massive drive killers. Luckily, James Jones converted third downs 3-4 different times which led to three scores. Both had nice stat lines, but the drops stick out with me more than anything.

I don't know there is a Cobb wagon really...I don't think he is worth drafting in re-draft leagues this year, as he is a rookie wr, but I do think he hurts Jordy Nelson's value slightly IN ADDITION to how Jennings, Jones, and Driver, and Swain a little bit hurt his value.

Draft Cobb where you drafted Antwan Randle El a few years ago. He's not a threat to start imo. The packers can afford to take a utility guy with the depth they have.

And as far as Trabtree goes... He put up nearly 800 yards with Troy Smith last year, and a dolts calling the plays. Harbaugh and Alex Smith this year in the starting lineup, I think he cracks 1,000 this year.

Wow. Checked into the Crabtree thread for the first time just to see how it got to 2 pages and a Packer monkey #### fight has broken out.

I see GB letting Jones walk under FA. Driver has clearly lost his mojo and is winding up a brilliant career (brilliant in what he produced vs what he brought to the table coming into the league). They aren't going to spend unlimited resources under the cap at a position like receiver, and they have to be thinking about re-upping Finley next year. I also think the drafting of Williams and Cobb this year were absolutely insurance against being held for paying too much for either Jones or Finley.

And Jordy Nelson can't carry Cobb's jock. Cobb is a dynamic playmaker that Nelson could never possibly be. He's also tough as nails and will endear himself to a QB with what he will do to catch a football - and making yourself a favorite of a guy like Rodgers who will throw Cobb open is going to make for a potentially great career.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Wow. Checked into the Crabtree thread for the first time just to see how it got to 2 pages and a Packer monkey #### fight has broken out.

I see GB letting Jones walk under FA. Driver has clearly lost his mojo and is winding up a brilliant career (brilliant in what he produced vs what he brought to the table coming into the league). They aren't going to spend unlimited resources under the cap at a position like receiver, and they have to be thinking about re-upping Finley next year. I also think the drafting of Williams and Cobb this year were absolutely insurance against being held for paying too much for either Jones or Finley.

And Jordy Nelson can't carry Cobb's jock. Cobb is a dynamic playmaker that Nelson could never possibly be. He's also tough as nails and will endear himself to a QB with what he will do to catch a football - and making yourself a favorite of a guy like Rodgers who will throw Cobb open is going to make for a potentially great career.

Wurd, Driver is 80 years old, James Jones hasn't lived up to potential with one year on his contract, and Jordy Nelson is Jordy Nelson.

I don't know there is a Cobb wagon really...I don't think he is worth drafting in re-draft leagues this year, as he is a rookie wr, but I do think he hurts Jordy Nelson's value slightly IN ADDITION to how Jennings, Jones, and Driver, and Swain a little bit hurt his value.

Sorry I should have been more clear. I'm talking about riding Cobb in dynasty formats. I much prefer names like Baldwin and even Hankerson.

• 2 months later...
Jason La Canfora

49ers announce WR Michael Crabtree placed on PUP list. Yikes

11:23 cst

The guy hates training camp and will miss his 3rd year of pre-season. He can be on the pup list for 4-6 weeks but can be taken off at any time because its pre-season. Basically he doesn't like to practice....old story and our GM should have listened to the Diva stories and not drafted him.