[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where's Waldo.....errrrr....wiegie?

rocknrobn26

I'm out of the country and was NOWHERE near the filming of that video. (I will say that Bier and I had ribs and beer at the restaurant/bar that is in the background from about 4:12-4:15)

the sign was a little blurry in the video, but it looked like that bar is named "the manhole"? :wacko:

I'm out of the country and was NOWHERE near the filming of that video. (I will say that Bier and I had ribs and beer at the restaurant/bar that is in the background from about 4:12-4:15)

the sign was a little blurry in the video, but it looked like that bar is named "the manhole"? :wacko:

:tup: wiegie was quite adept at licking a bone clean

a close source says he's ... dissing the Cowboys;) or doing some econometrics for fun:)

both actually--I'm currently estimating the following regression:

y = alpha + beta1x1 + beta2x2 + beta3x3 + error

where:

y is number of cowboys playoff wins per season

x1 is the price of a barrel of oil in inflation-adjusted 1995 dollars

x2 is the bust-size (in cubic centimeters) of the quarterback's current significant other

and x3 is a dummy variable which takes a value of 1 if the headcoach wore a goofy hat and 0 otherwise

geez, insecure much?

Grand Rapids shut down a good chunk of its downtown earlier this week to film its response to a Newsweek piece from January, which listed the Michigan city as No. 10 on a list of America's "dying" cities.

methinks thou dost protest too much, grand rapids. would a thriving city shut down all day to film a youtube video? great use of taxpayer money there.

6:02 . . guy in the convertible passenger seat? :wacko:

amusingly enough, the guy sitting immediately behind him is the President of Grand Valley State (who Bier also met at a football game that weekend). The guy driving the convertible is a former ambassador to Italy and a huge donor to GVSU and Michigan State (he just funded their new medical school)... he is pretty right-wing and I once sort of annoyed him when I was on the pro-stimulus side of a panel debate that he sponsored at GVSU (and then for good measure, when I had lunch with him a few months later, I reminded him what side of the debate I was on). :tup:

amusingly enough, the guy sitting immediately behind him is the President of Grand Valley State (who Bier also met at a football game that weekend). The guy driving the convertible is a former ambassador to Italy and a huge donor to GVSU and Michigan State (he just funded their new medical school)... he is pretty right-wing and I once sort of annoyed him when I was on the pro-stimulus side of a panel debate that he sponsored at GVSU (and then for good measure, when I had lunch with him a few months later, I reminded him what side of the debate I was on). :tup:

Soo . . I guessed right then? :wacko:

:lol:

geez, insecure much?

methinks thou dost protest too much, grand rapids. would a thriving city shut down all day to film a youtube video? great use of taxpayer money there.

in their defense, it was filmed on Sunday and my guess is that 90% of the people in Grand Rapids were still at church.

But overall, yes, it was a lame idea--the guy behind it is a 22 year-old college student (not GVSU) who somehow got hired by a local television station to do something because he had previously organized such things are a downtown pillow-fight, zombie walk, etc.

(And as for the taxpayer money, as best as can discern given my lack of interest in the whole thing, the taxpayers in Grand Rapids seem to think it was worth the use of resources, so who are you to complain?)

Thats a pretty impressive 10 minute shot. The choreography is awesome. Man, what a massive undertaking that must have been. I love the transition to steadi-cam and back to car mount. Well done. All done with available light....very nice.

geez, insecure much?

I think its an awesome use of taxpayer money. And how much taxpayer money do you really think they spent? They shut down some streets, payed some police OT to work the day, payed a few firemen the same deal and had a medic on set. Big deal. Every penny spent for city moral is worth it IMO.

both actually--I'm currently estimating the following regression:

y = alpha + beta1x1 + beta2x2 + beta3x3 + error

where:

y is number of cowboys playoff wins per season

x1 is the price of a barrel of oil in inflation-adjusted 1995 dollars

x2 is the bust-size (in cubic centimeters) of the quarterback's current significant other

and x3 is a dummy variable which takes a value of 1 if the headcoach wore a goofy hat and 0 otherwise

:wacko:

which gets us back to that whole insecure thing.

You are indeed corrent that the people in Grand Rapids are as insecure as can be. And not without good reason. As we all know, the overall perception of the entire state of Michigan in the rest of the country is terrible. Given those negative perceptions, people in west Michigan are quite concerned that no businesses or people would want to come here. Hence, the taxpayers think it is perfectly rational to expend some minor resources in a "fun" way to try to change perceptions.

I think the video was well done. The cost, if I heard right (news show), was $40K. CHEAP!

I was in GR once for a conference (12+ years ago). Stayed at the Amway Hotel. Very nice. The city was quaint, clean, and interesting. Good steak house about 4 blocks from the hotel. The river running thru it added a nice touch.

Still thinking about cruzin' back there one of these days (about 6 hours from Chi). If it wasn't having to travel that G*d Damn Borman expressway I probably would have done it by now.

Edited by rocknrobn26

I think the video was well done. The cost, if I heard right (news show), was $40K. CHEAP!

I was in GR once for a conference (12+ years ago). Stayed at the Amway Hotel. Very nice. The city was quaint, clean, and interesting. Good steak house about 4 blocks from the hotel. The river running thru it added a nice touch.

Still thinking about cruzin' back there one of these days (about 6 hours from Chi). If it wasn't having to travel that G*d Damn Borman expressway I probably would have done it by now.

Take the skyway and you can be there in about 4 hours tops (and likely less) from your home if you don't go during rush-hour. The Mrs. and I would be happy to show you and your wife a nice time! :wacko: