[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver Fans

Turf Smurf

Why would this be a joke?

First, it seems pretty much like a non-story, but if we're going to make it one, what does DEN do, keep Orton at almost $9mil? The bottomline is Orton isn't elite and if you believe that you need an elite QB, then give Tebow a chance. If he fails, does it really matter if it's Orton or Delhomme? Either way, we'd be better off losing games and getting into the Andrew Luck lottery than being a mediocre team, yeah?

No argument about Orton and he needs to go.

Delhomme is absolutely no solution whatsoever. If your point for signing Delhomme is that we should so that we can get the #1 overall pick next year, then why sign another QB at all. By the way, Orton is waaaaaay better than Delhomme. They are not even in the same category of QB. If Orton is not dealth (which would be a bad move) and Tebow fails, Orton will help Denver win some games. Now you know as well as I do that Tebow will not be named a failure after 1 season. Just doesn't work that way. Hell Russell even had a couple of years to completely prove that he is a waste of air.

Ever since the Cardinals playoff game Delhomme has been nothing but a horrible QB. Is he a nice guy and a decent leader on the field? Absolutely. Could he help Tebow in these categories? No question. So lets bring him in as a QB coach. But bringing him in as a backup means Denver has absolutely no backup. Quinn is no good and Delhomme is just as bad. He was so bad, a rookie came in and played better than he did on a team that had only one player on offense.

This has to be a joke.

This is all I was saying.

And where did this sentiment go? There has to be more value here!? :tup:

"

Bronco Billy

4/15/11 9:54am

Post #2

Huddler All-Pro

Group: Members

Member No.: 77

QUOTE (Curt Dallas @ 4/15/11 9:42am)

A big talk of the upcoming draft and FA (when the lockout ends) is teams that need quarterbacks. I took a look at the teams that need QBs and here are the ones that come to mind:

MIN

SEA

ARI

CAR

CIN (If Palmer is serious about not playing)

BUF (If they don't think FItzpatrick is good enough)

MIA

OAK

The QBs that have been talked about being available for trade or FA:

Kolb

Orton

McNabb

Volek

V. Young

J. Johnson

Hasselbeck

QBs to be drafted (in no paticular order):

Newton

Gabbert

Locker

Dalton

Mallett

Ponder

Kaepernick

With the teams that need QBs and all of the ones available through the draft and FA, is it possible a team that we think is in need of a QB doesn't draft one and waits until FA to find one? Or drafts one late to develop and picks up a stop-gap QB that would only play for a year or two?

I think you flat out missed SF, TEN, and WAS; and can add CLE & JAX to that list, at least to get quality depth at a minimum.

That's at least 11 and possibly 13 teams looking at adding some real quality QB component to their roster.

Of that list of names, I see 3 guys who have proven they can put up reliable regular starting NFL QB numbers and 2 who have proven they can win while doing it.

Yep, it's a sellers' market alright.

--------------------

QUOTE(PatsPatsPats @ 10/8/07 6:27pm)

We're on a fantasy football message board. Tits and football are like PB & J.

"

You can't tell me you were thinking of Del Home Boy when you wrote this! :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

There is no doubt Tebow is going to be handed the keys to the car this season (if there is a "this season"). I'd rather have a cheaper Jake Delhomme on the sidelines mentoring Tebow. Plus, Orton sucked elephant nuts at the end of last season. Not sure if it was McDaniels getting fired or teams finally seeing enough film of Denver's offense to know how to stop him. I actually don't think Delhomme would be much of a downgrade from Orton as backup, as Denver's offensive line is actually decent. Neither Delhomme nor Orton is the guy, so it really wouldn't matter which was there should Tebow get hurt. Our hope really rests on Tebow.

On a side note, I am looking forward to watching the fools in my leagues draft Brandon Lloyd in the 3rd round this year. :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

Jake has no business ever taking a snap from center in the NFL again- he is done. Solid mentor as a QB coach but as a #2, that may see the field if TT goes down?? brutal. He has been one of the WORST players at any position in the last couple years.

Maybe as the 3rd string guy but there is no reason for Denver to have him as a backup - ridiculousness

Jake has no business ever taking a snap from center in the NFL again- he is done. Solid mentor as a QB coach but as a #2, that may see the field if TT goes down?? brutal. He has been one of the WORST players at any position in the last couple years.

Maybe as the 3rd string guy but there is no reason for Denver to have him as a backup - ridiculousness

And you honestly attribute 100% of his failure solely at his feet? Cleveland had nothing to offer him and Carolina was absolutely doing nothing for John Fox. Neither team could afford him protection or a supporting class.

I'm not advocating him as a starter, but as a backup mentor to Tebow, I think he's a more piratical fit than Orton. I still think Orton could be a starter and has value as a starter, but not as a Bronco. Orton will be a stop gap for some team so they need to get as much value as they can for him while they can. Bring in Delhomme and give Tebow the keys. If he's a complete failure.... soak it for what it's worth and get Luck.

Does it matter?

It is not as if this team is a superbowl contender, or even playoff bound. Losing their starter to an inadequate backup, if inadequate he be, will not derail their march to glory. This is a sub .500 team regardless. Yes, the Colts, Packers, Patriots or Saints may want a solid backup to keep them in the hunt until their starter could return, but in this instance it does not matter.

Does it matter?

It is not as if this team is a superbowl contender, or even playoff bound. Losing their starter to an inadequate backup, if inadequate he be, will not derail their march to glory. This is a sub .500 team regardless. Yes, the Colts, Packers, Patriots or Saints may want a solid backup to keep them in the hunt until their starter could return, but in this instance it does not matter.

Care to back yer smack with some ribs? They will be better then a .500 team. Straight up.

I still prefer corkysbbq.com....

I presume your response is :tup: or :wacko:

As the season progresses, I may be willing to double the bet in terms of thier ability to be playoff contenders.

Dude, (er Dikless Woman), I await your response.

As a Denver fan who thinks the Tebow experiment was/is a mistake, I can see bringing in a veteran for mentoring, support, and possibly a few emergency starts. But I thought Delhomme was one of the worst the last couple of years at 'reading' defenses. An insane amount of picks and horrible decision making is what sent him packing from Carolina, no? And that followed him to Cleveland where he couldn't beat out Colt. So I'm not sure he's the vet that I want 'teaching' any of my rookies.

Not sure I agree. I don't know many hall-of-fame mentors. Most are journeyman QBs who were never Tier 1 players, but understood the system and, from a motivational standpoint, are guys that young players respond to positively.

I think Delhomme fits that bill perfectly :wacko:

Care to back yer smack with some ribs? They will be better then a .500 team. Straight up.

I still prefer corkysbbq.com....

I presume your response is :tup: or :wacko:

As the season progresses, I may be willing to double the bet in terms of thier ability to be playoff contenders.

Dude, (er Dikless Woman), I await your response.

You do not seem to have a clear idea about what constitutes smack. I say this because you took immediate offense, apparently, at a non-derogatory opinion and then turned for your retribution to making fun of my screen name. Clearly you do not understand how this is done.

Someone call it. For the love of humanity, someone stop the suffering!

Winner by TKO, DW.

:wacko:

I respect and appreciate Turf Smurf's optimism, but I think reaching .500 with a "rookie" QB is gonna be hard. I don't think Orton can lead us to the superbowl, but if he was QB and we landed a couple of good DTs and a good RB in FA, then I could see us being over .500, but that's too many IFs.

Given their schedule I could see the Broncos getting 7 wins quite readily. they have some real creampuffs on the docket. Also the impact of the return of Dummerville, the addition of Miller, and the impact of Fox will be seen. That said, this is a team with many flaws

Go Broncos. BTW, I will be out at their training camp again this year and am looking forward to it.

Given their schedule I could see the Broncos getting 7 wins quite readily. they have some real creampuffs on the docket. Also the impact of the return of Dummerville, the addition of Miller, and the impact of Fox will be seen. That said, this is a team with many flaws

Go Broncos. BTW, I will be out at their training camp again this year and am looking forward to it.

Ah, you'll have to let us know when and where and maybe we (maybe Opie would like to join) could hook up for a beer or fouteen?

You do not seem to have a clear idea about what constitutes smack. I say this because you took immediate offense, apparently, at a non-derogatory opinion and then turned for your retribution to making fun of my screen name. Clearly you do not understand how this is done.

Drunken childness I suppose. Sorry for the derogatory oratary.

I do however stand behind my wager (+.500). Are you in? (With an option to double the bet at mid-season of course, by either one of us). No smack, just belief. :wacko: