[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

anyone do personal injury cases

SLAYER

I handle those cases and would be happy to field a PM.

Furd, the dog bite cases are all about the scarring. A bad scar on a kid from a proven dangerous dog could be $50k and up in my neck of the woods depending. They are not bad cases. At least you have home owners' limits (almost always 6 figures and up) versus auto limits (often minimum limits as low as $25-30k) to deal with.

Thank you for the information. Its too bad that frenzal rhomb is a grizzled, old f*ck.

:wacko:

i actually must be cause I have no idea what that means

I was suggesting that it's too bad that you're not a kid, is all (with some embellishment). Your injury is not worth nearly as much. :wacko:

:tup: Furd is 44, Frenzal is 42.

I'm a young 44. :coffee

Beumont is absolutely correct that scarring would be a factor.

if you were a teenage girl that got bitten and ended up with a semi-serious scar, you would definitely get lots more in a settlement. however, from what i have gathered from previous other posts, you are neither and will likely get counter sued due to the dog getting sick from biting you.

Seriously, if getting an atty gives you piece of mind and saves you time/headache, have at it. I was just giving you some insight on how insurance claims were handled roughly ten years ago.

Beumont is absolutely correct that scarring would be a factor.

if you were a teenage girl that got bitten and ended up with a semi-serious scar, you would definitely get lots more in a settlement. however, from what i have gathered from previous other posts, you are neither and will likely get counter sued due to the dog getting sick from biting you.

Seriously, if getting an atty gives you piece of mind and saves you time/headache, have at it. I was just giving you some insight on how insurance claims were handled roughly ten years ago.

If i could get my out of pockets back it would be great - however, I have a feeling his insurance co is now looking for a way out of paying as they have requested two weeks to see how my loss applies to his policy - from working in insurance, I know it would cost them more to litigate this then it would to settle it, but we'll see which route they go