[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Betty Ford has died

buddahj

Former first lady Betty Ford has died, according to ABC News and CNN.

Ford, the widow of the late president Gerald Ford, was known for her work in helping people curb drug and alcohol addiction. She was 93.

:wacko:

When her husband died, I took my then 1 year-old to the side of the road to watch the funeral motorcade go from the Grand Rapids airport to the Ford Presidential Museum in downtown Grand Rapids. As the limousine she was riding in passed us, Mrs. Ford looked out of her window and kindly waved at us. Rest in peace, Mrs. Ford.

Seeing as you're the resident expert on low life comments...

Yep...I call em like I see em. Buzz off little girl. If you can't be respectful in a thread about a death of a first lady, then you qualify as a low life. Looks like you are a member of that club too. Shoo little one.

Hoping a poor dog gets chewed up by a dog twice his size is the high road ? - you may want to consider applying the whacko icon to yourself. I dont see how one inane comment on an internet message board by someone you dont know about a 93 year old woman you dont even know can get you so bent out of shape - enjoy your day - hopefully the flowers you sent to the Fords got there in a timely manner and they were beautiful.

I will now allow you to resume your period of mourning

I see by your profile that your gender isnt set - could that have something to do with your hostility??

Edited by frenzal rhomb

Hoping a poor dog gets chewed up by a dog twice his size is the high road ? - you may want to consider applying the whacko icon to yourself. I dont see how one inane comment on an internet message board by someone you dont know about a 93 year old woman you dont even know can get you so bent out of shape - enjoy your day - hopefully the flowers you sent to the Fords got there in a timely manner and they were beautiful.

I will now allow you to resume your period of mourning

I see by your profile that your gender isnt set - could that have something to do with your hostility??

The thing I most respected about her is you used to whisper "cancer" when people had it...like it was a shameful or embarrassing thing to get. She brought it out in the open and confronted it head-on and changed viewpoints. They said that Betty Ford probably saved more lives than anyone could count by encouraging early-detection tests for women. You have to respect that. R.I.P.