[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Vick worthy of a 1st round pick?

tazinib1

What people that won with Vick don't understand is that they got Vick off waivers or a late round pick after they assembled a strong rb/wr core already.

He definitely is a first round pick. But not by me. We are in a very deep class of qb, so you can afford to wait.

I would like for Billy, RJV and bp to please delete their posts and repost with a , "yup, he's a for sure #1 pick."

TIA

:wacko:

Now ya know damn well I don't draft a QB in the 1st....ever. However ,I would be lying if I said the thought hasn't intrigued me at all.

:wacko:

Now ya know damn well I don't draft a QB in the 1st....ever. However ,I would be lying if I said the thought hasn't intrigued me at all.

in my local last year the top teams took a QB in the 1st round...but the scoring is different....you can't win without a top QB in my local it seems...

if I get to the 1.7 spot and the following players ( Foster, AD, Charles, CJohnson, McCoy, Rice) are off the board, I would consider Vick depending on what the scoring is...I would also consider whether or not I am in a 10 or 12 team league as well as this would determine who would be available for my 2nd round pick....

in my local last year the top teams took a QB in the 1st round...but the scoring is different....you can't win without a top QB in my local it seems...

if I get to the 1.7 spot and the following players ( Foster, AD, Charles, CJohnson, McCoy, Rice) are off the board, I would consider Vick depending on what the scoring is...I would also consider whether or not I am in a 10 or 12 team league as well as this would determine who would be available for my 2nd round pick....

Vick will be gone by 1.07 in your local :wacko:

If the Eagles are solid on defense, imagine Vick as a game manager instead of scrambling or throwing bombs for his life down field.

...which to me would mean a reduction in fantasy output. His best games last year were in come-from-behind mode where he racked up huge totals rushing and passing for 4 quarters.

I doubt the offense would be as eclectic when playing from ahead. McCoy seems to be the person on offense that would benefit most by the improved defense....it would put them in ball-control mode for many second halves of games.

...which to me would mean a reduction in fantasy output. His best games last year were in come-from-behind mode where he racked up huge totals rushing and passing for 4 quarters.

I doubt the offense would be as eclectic when playing from ahead. McCoy seems to be the person on offense that would benefit most by the improved defense....it would put them in ball-control mode for many second halves of games.

I'm still waiting for them to sign Vick to a new contract which would give us some more cap room because they are in the market for a RB still....

hopefully we sign Vick long term and free up 5-6 mil this year which would allow us to sign Bradshaw or Brown?....then trade Asante which would give us about 8.5 mil in cap room unless we get a player in return.....then we can sign DeSean to a few more years....

but my main concern is still RT and I'd love to see Asante traded to the Panthers for Jeff Otah which I believe could still play RT even though he's a LT....and the Panthers NEED a corner...

I'm still waiting for them to sign Vick to a new contract which would give us some more cap room because they are in the market for a RB still....

hopefully we sign Vick long term and free up 5-6 mil this year which would allow us to sign Bradshaw or Brown?....then trade Asante which would give us about 8.5 mil in cap room unless we get a player in return.....then we can sign DeSean to a few more years....

but my main concern is still RT and I'd love to see Asante traded to the Panthers for Jeff Otah which I believe could still play RT even though he's a LT....and the Panthers NEED a corner...

The Panthers need a lot of things. I would be shocked if they traded anyone from their o-line. It's really the only decent part of that team that, when healthy, is actually effective.