[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Todd Heap a Cardinal

BearBroncos

:wacko:

You realize he's missed 3 games in 3 seasons, right? And those were all last year. Yeah, he's "hurt" a lot, but he plays.

And before these past three seasons, he had a serious injury that kept him out for significant time. Prior to that, though, he played in all 16 games for two consecutive seasons.

This is football. Players get hurt.

He had 53 catches for 593 yards and 6 scores 2 seasons back. Last year, with 3 games missed, he already had more yards and 5 scores.

Kolb does like to utilize his TE. In an offense like Arizona's - with Larry Fitzgerald commanding double teams and perhaps an emerging Andre Roberts on the other side - Heap might just flourish. Yeah, he's gettin' up there in years, but he's from the Phoenix area and went to Arizona St. Just a little extra motivation.

I, for one, am glad I didn't include him as a throw-in in recent trade talks.

E2A: TE is deeper than ever this year. That said, if you don't get one of the "bigger names", you can certainly wait and take a guy like Heap and then a guy like Olsen and play matchups and/or ride the hot hand.

Edited by darin3

With AFL scoring

Total Points

2010- 13

2009- 14

2008- 23

2007- 37

Aver per week

2010- 14

2009- 17

2008- 26

2007- 13

But as an owner it sure seems like he has missed a lot of time

Ed Dickson, unless he hasn't improved in run blocking. Dennis Pitta should probably also get some time, although I don't think he's as much of a receiving threat.

I think its the opposite. Dickson is horrible in pass protection and Pitta has better hands, blocking skills. Something to watch for sure.

Another short yardage pass catcher gone in BAL :wacko: To me this means more looks for Rice. This with the Vonte Leach signing, does anyone else see Rice's value shooting up more and more as the off-season progresses?

I think Rice's value does increase and they might using him more in check down situations, but I think having a reliable TE for check downs is also good. It makes the check down a hell of allot more undetermined.

But regardless, I think this only does good for Rice. Maybe a top 5 RB again?